Dareus not cleared to practice yet

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's amusing if not downright hysterical coming from you, since you instantly, automatically, take the opposite side of anything said good about anything to do with the team.

What was the "good" part? John gave a very convincing summary as to why the "good teammate" is a weak claim.

Rather than saying I'm just being contrarian, tell us why we shouldn't be swayed by JohnC's post. Tell us how he's wrong on all counts.

If I'm not down with kissing Dareus's ass, you'll have to excuse me. But hey, how about that Sammy Watkins!!

What was the "good" part? John gave a very convincing summary as to why the "good teammate" is a weak claim.

Rather than saying I'm just being contrarian, tell us why we shouldn't be swayed by JohnC's post. Tell us how he's wrong on all counts.

If I'm not down with kissing Dareus's ass, you'll have to excuse me. But hey, how about that Sammy Watkins!!

I was talking about something else of course. Which you ignored as usual. ;)

I just said it was hysterical to see you sarcastically tell someone that they should automatically do something by rote, because criticizing the team is verboten, when you do exactly that same thing the opposite way every single time. It gave me a good laugh. I wasn't commenting on JohnC's point, he makes good ones.

I was talking about something else of course. Which you ignored as usual. ;)

I just said it was hysterical to see you sarcastically tell someone that they should automatically do something by rote, because criticizing the team is verboten, when you do exactly that same thing the opposite way every single time. It gave me a good laugh. I wasn't commenting on JohnC's point, he makes good ones.

Excellent! We are in complete agreement.

As for "every single time", I disagree. Just when I smell BS.

Why do you think that he is such a good teammate? He has a history of being late for meetings, sleeping in meetings and not working hard at his job. He came to camp out of shape and was unable to pass a basic physcial test that would allow him to participate in the training camp. In the offseason he was involved in two legal complications related to irresponsible behavior, one of which could have killed innocent bystanders.

I'm not suggesting that he is a criminal or a thug. But I am comfortable in saying that he is very immature and irresponsible, and from a work ethic standpoint he is a slacker. His teammates might consider him a likeable fellow but he is not a good teammate as indicated by his juvenile behavior.

I want to see him get on the right path, as do his teammates. He has been subjected to numerous in-house discipline with little effect on his attitude. From my standpoint that's not an indication that he is a good teammate.

Whether he's a good teammate is something to ask his teammates But considering he just came off a Pro Bowl season, I doubt they care as long as he keeps making them.

You are astute and perspicacious. ;)

Is that a good thing ? or maybe not so much ?

So what exactly is Alan Branch's excuse for not being ready to practice? He signed a new deal this offseason and missed OTAs...I realize OTAs are optional but coming into camp out of shape after signing an extension is poor form.

Its a sidebar , but darned good one Manhattan !

Haha. Nailed it.

Its a check and balance system we have here at TBd .

Mr Weo affords us the balancing bit .

I would be sad if he did not maintain consistency in his perspective . He is that .

Perpsective is not the same as opinion. Although both can change.

Its a check and balance system we have here at TBd .

Mr Weo affords us the balancing bit .

I would be sad if he did not maintain consistency in his perspective . He is that .

Perpsective is not the same as opinion. Although both can change.

It lets me know I'm probably doing something right when I sometimes find myself on his side, others on docs and rarely totally agreeing with either. I start agreeing with one too strongly or too consistently and I know to tap the brakes a little!

It lets me know I'm probably doing something right when I sometimes find myself on his side, others on docs and rarely totally agreeing with either. I start agreeing with one too strongly or too consistently and I know to tap the brakes a little!

Thats a concept i can dig N S.

easier said than done sometimes , but certainly good practice