Dareus not cleared to practice yet

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Marcell Dareus was placed on the Active/Non-Football Injury list on Saturday, shortly after the team's conditioning tests concluded. (Reserve offensive lineman J.J. 'Unga was placed on the same list, as well.) It's probably easy to assume that Dareus and 'Unga failed their conditioning tests, but that has not been confirmed, and the Bills did not disclose the reasoning for the move."

http://www.buffaloru...ell-dareus-isnt

Close enough for me.

kj

Maybe.

My own personal theory is that he is officially now in the Coach Marrone dog house. Teach him a lesson. When the season gets closer, he'll emerge. Seems like a good plan to me.

@john_wawrow: #Bills Whaley expresses concern to AP over DT Dareus' latest setback: Failed conditioning test. | Pro32: Head to Head http://t.co/qOy2urzGaY

This dude is a clown, has all the talent in the world and is pissing it all away. He will be out of the League in a few years after he bounces around some teams and hang out on public assistance and wonder why he's not still playing because he's got skillz.

albert haynesworth part two....

what a shame.

Was thinking Dan Wilkinson myself

Cletus- you're right on the money. Smith needed Talley, but he responded well, and had a tremendous HOF career as a result. I am starting to get concerned on Dareus. I see his talent, but he has to fix these commitment issues to his sport.

You have to say to yourself, " do you not realize your interviewing for the second contract?". He could realize a fantastic payday, and set himself up for life, but he has to do make tHe right choices. He has Kyle. I'm sure he has Wood, and others advising him, but it's up to him.

For those that made comments he can get in shape in two days failing the conditioning test, that doesn't happen. He needed to work his butt off for months getting in great shape, and could be something special.

JJ Watt never had to be told to get in shape. Neither did Justin Smith. Grow up Marcel. Lots of people had very bad things happen to them. Deal with it and prepare like a 3rd pick overall.

Could not have said it better myself. I love the guy, but he has to grow up.

It is time to be patient. He can turn this around. I'm really disappointed in this latest development, but it still screams patience. It's not that easy to find a talent like this guy.

If he doesn't change over the next two years then we can say goodbye. Now is too fast.

Yes we will have to be patient, no matter how difficult that can be.

I believe in 2nd chances, even third. But this guy has used them all up. He's not even that good, no where near a wilfork in his prime. He can be replaced. If marrone wants to have credibility with other players he'll show him the door.

"He's not even that good" I believe is a little hasty. He's shown flashes of top tier quality and has get to unleash his full potential. If he ever does or not is yet to be seen. But saying he can be easily replaced is a little bit of a stretch in my opinion. We cannot simply keep turning players over. We need to retain, and in this case, reform his character so that his game will excel. I wouldn't be so quick to throw in the towel.

So if he failed the conditioning test....that means he showed up to camp....out of shape. What else did he have to do for the last month besides consult with his lawyers about his two upcoming trials? This guy is as unprofessional as it gets. Should have showed up in the best shape of his life with something to prove.

Completely agree. Dareus needs to grow up. With all his other troubles, he should have come into camp in top shape and ready to go. No excuse for this. He needs a wake up call and even the benchings and the legal troubles don't seem to have had any impact at all. Not much the coaches can do if the player lacks motivation. It's a tough situation because he is a talented player, but at this point he seems to have not bought into the team concept at all. He is being completely childish and selfish.

Howard WGR @hsimon62 4m

Paolontonio spoke with Whaley and Marrone,said they are "nowhere near" the breaking point with Dareus. They're all in with getting him fixed

WGR 550@WGR550 8m

Sal Paolontonio on WGR says Dareus will arrive in camp today but wont take conditioning tests until Thursday or Friday at earliest

Edited by YoloinOhio

Howard WGR @hsimon62 4m

Paolontonio spoke with Whaley and Marrone,said they are "nowhere near" the breaking point with Dareus. They're all in with getting him fixed

I think this makes perfect sense. The guy has way, way too much talent to not exhaust all you can to help him. Could that breaking point still come sometime this season? Sure.

Maybe.

My own personal theory is that he is officially now in the Coach Marrone dog house. Teach him a lesson. When the season gets closer, he'll emerge. Seems like a good plan to me.

No one's getting through to this guy, not last season and certainly not now. I think Marrone tried to get his attention with the suspensions late last season, but it hasn't worked. Nor has the talking to he's had from veterans like Kyle Williams who has to know Dareus has talent but isn't motivated to use it, get in shape, and play well.

Dareus is not really a Marrone guy and while Whaley was there for the 2011 draft, I'm not sure the current GM is tied to him. If a few guys play well in camp I can see them getting rid of the 3rd overall pick just 3 years ago for a conditional pick. Marrone and Whaley have too much to lose by having this distraction in 2014.

I think this makes perfect sense. The guy has way, way too much talent to not exhaust all you can to help him. Could that breaking point still come sometime this season? Sure.

As important as it is to is for him to get right, it's more important for him to get right as a man... I really REALLY hope that light goes off and he sees what's really important...

When Albert failed the test one of the 50 year old announcers demonstrated the conditioning and passed. This guy is a clown after being arrested twice, he showed up fat and out of shape. That is not needing to grow up its needing to get a life.