Dareus not cleared to practice yet

I really wanted him at the time as he was a beast in college but if we could go back I would take JJ Watt.

It has to be that he is out of shape. He didn't participate enough at minicamp to get hurt and he didn't have offseason surgery to recover from. Oy.

Too busy racing

And our great talent evaluator, Joe B., has this clown rated as #1 most talented Bill. Hey Joe, there's a difference between an athlete with great physical talent and an actual football player. A HUGE difference. This underperforming, out shape clown doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as a Kyle Williams, but genius Joe has Marcel rated well above him. BASED on what Joe B ?

Joe is pretty good but no one is perfect, he obviously made a mistake here.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying that at all, just saying he'll be back.

Gotcha. It's time for him to GrowTFU and consistently act like an adult. The Bills committed to his 2015 contract, they've bent over backwards (IMO) trying to get through to the guy and yet he can't (allegedly) complete his conditioning tests? Smoke a bit more Marcel. Act the fool a bit more Marcel. Somebody will pay him big bucks, but, he may disappear from the league more quickly than Albert Haynesworth unless he decides to GTFU.

Gotcha. It's time for him to GrowTFU and consistently act like an adult. The Bills committed to his 2015 contract, they've bent over backwards (IMO) trying to get through to the guy and yet he can't (allegedly) complete his conditioning tests? Smoke a bit more Marcel. Act the fool a bit more Marcel. Somebody will pay him big bucks, but, he may disappear from the league more quickly than Albert Haynesworth unless he decides to GTFU.

I agree with that completely. My comment was more directed at the "injury" concern.

If he records 10+ sacks this year, this thread will look silly

No, it won't. History is what history is. You may reevaluate. You may speculate what finally allowed him to turn the corner. You may speculate about whether he will keep it up after he receives his 2nd contract (because somebody will pay dearly for his services). The facts we have today are:

Dareus through his first 3 seasons has not lived up to his potential.

Dareus was arrested twice this off season.

Dareus (allegedly) failed his conditioning test.

Dareus has been given every bit of support that a team could give (Marrone saying he'd stay in daily contact with him), team leader KW showing exasperation and wondering when/if the light will turn on. Don't you suppose that conditioning may have come up on one of those conversations with Marrone?

Right now one person is looking silly and that's Dareus.

Kyle Williams commented the following last month during mini-camp... it still holds true. Either way, the moment is coming for Dareus to choose which way his life and career heads.

“I think he’s heard it from a lot of different levels – whether it be from his teammates, from coaches, I’m sure front office. So if you can’t get it from those three levels, maybe you’re not going to get it,” he said. “Hopefully, and I expect it to be a moment for him, where he kind of leaves all that stuff behind and moves forward.”

I think it's pretty damning for a seasoned vet to publicly call out a younger teammate like this. It's damning because Kyle probably knows 100x more stuff about Dareus than what is reported in the media (which is bad in itself).

If he records 10+ sacks this year, this thread will look silly

I disagree. If he records 10 sacks this year, I'll just be left to wonder just how much better he'd be if he decided to take the game seriously and truly dedicate himself to being a professional.

GO BILLS!!!

No, it won't. History is what history is. You may reevaluate. You may speculate what finally allowed him to turn the corner. You may speculate about whether he will keep it up after he receives his 2nd contract (because somebody will pay dearly for his services). The facts we have today are:

Dareus through his first 3 seasons has not lived up to his potential.

Dareus was arrested twice this off season.

Dareus (allegedly) failed his conditioning test.

Dareus has been given every bit of support that a team could give (Marrone saying he'd stay in daily contact with him), team leader KW showing exasperation and wondering when/if the light will turn on. Don't you suppose that conditioning may have come up on one of those conversations with Marrone?

Right now one person is looking silly and that's Dareus.

Point taken. However, his production has increased tremendously. If it continues, don't you think there is something to say about his game regardless of the off-field issues. Right now (and in the past) his actions have resulted in minor issues (I know were still waiting on possible suspension), but if his production continues to climb and no major issues surface, a failed conditioning test and a few minor arrests aren't going to change my perspective of him as a valuable player.

That being said, I think I'm just tired of people over hyping the issues of Dareus' actions. Some are more serious that others, yes, but he's been under the microscope since last season.

I disagree. If he records 10 sacks this year, I'll just be left to wonder just how much better he'd be if he decided to take the game seriously and truly dedicate himself to being a professional.

GO BILLS!!!

How are you certain that he's not dedicated?

How many other Pro-bowlers use drugs?

How many other Pro-bowlers speed?

We aren't certain that he failed a conditioning test.

I suppose I'm just looking at this glass half full.

Point taken. However, his production has increased tremendously. If it continues, don't you think there is something to say about his game regardless of the off-field issues. Right now (and in the past) his actions have resulted in minor issues (I know were still waiting on possible suspension), but if his production continues to climb and no major issues surface, a failed conditioning test and a few minor arrests aren't going to change my perspective of him as a valuable player.

That being said, I think I'm just tired of people over hyping the issues of Dareus' actions. Some are more serious that others, yes, but he's been under the microscope since last season.

You mean since last season when he was benched because he couldn't make it to meetings? Or the season before when I still say he was out of shape until midseason (I think a bigger issue than his brothers death)

He's been productive but it's frustrating knowing how good he could be if he decided football was his calling.

Edited by NoSaint

Nope. Read K-9's post. I will be left to wonder what if.

I don't care how many non-Bills pro bowl alternates use drugs.

I don't care how many non-Bills pro bowl alternates speed.

I don't know about the conditioning test which is why I've been using the word allegedly.

How good could this guy be if he had his head on straight? We simply do not know because he's never had his head on straight.

@john_wawrow: @BuffRumblings @ChrisBrownBills we're expecting to get an update on 'Unga and Dareus from Marrone before practice.

We've already seen that JJ is cleared to practice.

Well they have him there now, I'm sure they will get his big but moving and he'll have another productive season.

Big daddy, that loveable under achieving lug nut that he is. I'm sure every team has a guy or two like him.

What can ya do?, really. Get even at contract time obviously or try to trade him, good luck with that. At least he's no Aaron Hernandez.

Nope. Read K-9's post. I will be left to wonder what if.

I don't care how many non-Bills pro bowl alternates use drugs.

I don't care how many non-Bills pro bowl alternates speed.

I don't know about the conditioning test which is why I've been using the word allegedly.

How good could this guy be if he had his head on straight? We simply do not know because he's never had his head on straight.

We've already seen that JJ is cleared to practice.

Okay, now I see what you're saying. I now realize you question his potential, not his production. But how do you know when (or if) he 'gets his head on straight'?

Okay, now I see what you're saying. I now realize you question his potential, not his production. But how do you know when (or if) he 'gets his head on straight'?

We don't know when he's at 100% of his capabilities but I'm incredibly confident that he's not today, and if he has been in buffalo it's been in flashes at most.

You say you are looking at the glass half full - the rest of us are simply noting that it's a shame that we are having to even question the contents of the glass. And it has effected his production, even if he's been productive.

Edited by NoSaint

Consistent play, on time all the time, stay out of trouble...that'd be a good start. Hope he decides that it's worth the sacrifice (and sacrifice it is).

I don't want to belabor the point, but, Haynesworth comes to mind. He'll (Dareus) get his millions and maybe that's good enough for him. It's easier to say "woe is me" and not take charge of your life when you are a well paid professional athlete, we'll see how Dareus handles the business of life.