Dareus not cleared to practice yet

I don't think he should be cut but he missed snaps in two games last season because of stupidity.

That's right. And Marcell declared he had learned his lesson after week 16....only to do the exact same thing right after. I don't want to cut him loose, but I think the criticism he is facing is quite well deserved.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My response:

@TBNSully You're just salty because as long as he stays on the roster your 'inability to retain talent' column continues to collect dust.

Good take.

My last point on this. There are some shaky bad guys in the NFL. Aaron Hernandez. Pacman. Big Ben. Dareus isn't close to that group.

Yes, he is messing up. But I'm not going to judge a guy who is 25 and has already had his father, mother, grandparents, coach/ mentor die and a brother murdered. I believe in karma and I can't judge someone else who has dealt with because I won't want me to be judged. But more power to you if who want to. But what goes around comes around.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

All sports used to be like that.

I live in the NYC area, and growing up I used to see a lot of NY Rangers in the summer. Most had pretty big bellies.

They also earned a fraction of what Dareus does.

Lots of athletes had off-season jobs. My favorite was Richie Hebner (MLB). He was a grave digger.

The story goes that when Dallas Green cut Hebner in spring training of the 1986 season, he said, "It's time to go home and dig graves in the summer too, not just in the winter."

Good take.

My last point on this. There are some shaky bad guys in the NFL. Aaron Hernandez. Pacman. Big Ben. Dareus isn't close to that group.

Yes, he is messing up. But I'm not going to judge a guy who is 25 and has already had his father, mother, grandparents, coach/ mentor die and a brother murdered. I believe in karma and I can't judge someone else who has dealt with because I won't want me to be judged. But more power to you if who want to. But what goes around comes around.

I get where you are coming from, and while I do not strictly agree I do understand.

But is this a reason to come into a NFL training camp not fit enough to practice?

Good take.

yea - sometimes im harsh on guys that dont take things serious.... but dareus has a few things that are making me remind myself to remain patient

--hes better than most DTs even with his baggage and shortcomings

--he has potential to be better than all of them

--hes still very young and has a lot on his plate (its normal that he may be questioning priorities, or acting out some)

those dont excuse him from high expectations and hopes - but i definitely dont think he belongs in a discussion of the all time offenders, or all time lazy crowd. I guess i can get why he might not be all in on football these days, possibly. i might be 100% wrong, and if so... oh well.... but i get the impression hes a good guy thats feeling a bit lost and not just a jerk or threat. that said, "i have fun and things happen" can get you into some bad spots quick, if you arent careful.

And associated with known drug dealers. And his team was hiring private investigators to keep an eye on the situation.

Yea I know, bit of sarcasm there. There was quite a few problems with some of the Bills players back then, but because social media wasn't around, there wasn't mass hysteria.

Can we back up for a second and say we know for certain what "failing a physical" entailed?

Did he fail a drug test? An eye test? Calper test? Did he have too much wax in his ears? A rash? There are a million ways--other than being fat--to fail a physical...

Can we back up for a second and say we know for certain what "failing a physical" entailed?

Did he fail a drug test? An eye test? Calper test? Did he have too much wax in his ears? A rash? There are a million ways--other than being fat--to fail a physical...

It was a conditioning test

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/An-inside-look-at-the-NFL-conditioning-tests.html

Edited by YoloinOhio

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11240036/marcell-dareus-buffalo-bills-failed-conditioning-test

won't re-take the conditioning test until Thursday, at the earliest, a team source told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio

not attempting it again til atleast thursday doesnt scream that it was too close a call on passing either.... unless something else is the cause of the delay