If the Toronto group buys the Bills, will you still support the team?

KDIGGZ

The toughest question facing our loyal fans  

163 members have voted

1. 1. If the Toronto group buys the Bills, will you still support the team?

• The day the Toronto group buys the team I will no longer be a fan. Let's boycott!
    • We still have them until at least 2020, I'm all in until then
    • I will be a fan of the Buffalo/Toronto Argo-Bills until the day I die

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canadiens BUYING the team wouldn't hurt as much as Canadiens MOVING the team. If they are not in WNY they are the Clippers to me.

They are one in the same. Canadians are not going to buy the team and leave them in the US. If they buy them they are as good as gone

This picture alone should be enough for the NFL owners not to approve a sale of the Bills to Bon Jon.

bonjon_zps7d80aa4e.jpg

This picture is the reason why Goodell and vice president of the nfl Robert Kraft will give the bills to Bon Jovy for free!

What if they bought the team, won 5 Super Bowls in a row the moved?

I think Kelly the dog said it best. Until we are in that situation, we dont really know how we will react. Specially for the long timers.

If the Toronto Bills start kicking ass, make it to the wild card vs pats and spank the pats in Brady's last playoff appearance???

I think that would be enough for me to back the Toronto Bills.

If they lay eggs and doughnuts, then eff um.

When the Braves left , I lost interest in the NBA , would be same now.

This. And this reminds me of something else.

I was very young when the Braves left. I remember going to a game once. And having basketball player cards. And the Braves were my team, even if I didnt know much about basketball.

But I never grew up with the slightest interest in the NBA, without a local team during my actual buffalo life (24 years). I tried very hard to get into the Knicks, and I still try, but its just not the same. I dont care about NBA basketball at all. And I live in Los Angeles (and the Braves=Clippers are right here) but it just doesnt work for me.

So, if the Bills leave, will the next generations of Buffalo kids have any interest in the NFL? Growing up without a team to root for?

Edited by maddenboy

I have little doubt the Toronto Group wants the team in Toronto eventually.

If they purchase the team, I would immediately stop any support of it.

And that is exactly what the Toronto group would be banking on. They get the perfect excuse. "Sales are terrible.....we have to move the team." Edited by Rockinon

You really needed another option for your poll. If the Toronto group buys them, so what? If the team remains in WNY, then I'll remain a loyal fan of the team. If the team is moved to Toronto, I'm done. Will cancel my Sunday Ticket. I'll probably still watch football games, but would almost instantly identify with my local Chicago Bears. The Bills moving would truly be the death of the franchise for me.

You really needed another option for your poll. If the Toronto group buys them, so what? If the team remains in WNY, then I'll remain a loyal fan of the team. If the team is moved to Toronto, I'm done. Will cancel my Sunday Ticket. I'll probably still watch football games, but would almost instantly identify with my local Chicago Bears. The Bills moving would truly be the death of the franchise for me.

+1

That's exactly how I feel (other than the Bears, off course) and the reason I didn't vote.

Latest from John Kryk: JBJ Group intends on keeping Bills in Buffalo. YEAH RIGHT!

http://blogs.canoe.c...uffalo-sources/

This is what I have been saying. First, I don't believe for a second that they want to keep the team in Buffalo. Second, of course they are going to say they have every intention of keeping the team in Buffalo because otherwise they have less than zero chance of winning the bid. Third, even if they are being ingenuous, and really, really, really do intend to keep the team in Buffalo, no one is going to believe them. It's a death knell, IMO.

The one thing they could do, I guess, is try to win the bid, spend the next 5-6 years trying to find a way to seem like they are committed to WNY all the while waiting it out to see if something changes in the political climate (like, say, it becomes impossible to get a stadium deal done because of Erie Co and NYS) looking for an out to go to Toronto 6-7 years from now, and if they can't, then decide later whether they want to continue owning the team or sell it to a local owner and make a couple hundred mil profit because the new TV contracts will be in effect and teams always go up in value.

I very much doubt the NFL is going to allow them to win though. It will just look too bad for their image.

And that is exactly what the Toronto group would be banking on. They get the perfect excuse. "Sales are terrible.....we have to move the team."

When Cleveland lost their team, their fans had 8 games notice. The stands were wild, wild scenes. Back then, CBS and NBC could avoid showing most of the crazy behavior to the nationwide audience. But i bet the NFL remembers how crazy it got, and that it was not a good look for the league.

This time, the drama and chaos would be going on for multiple years, and we have the internet. No way the NFL wants a piece of Bills fans when a move seems in the cards.

I still say they're staying.

I didn't pick any of the three options. I will root for the Buffalo Bills until they are no longer in Buffalo...BUT if there is a plan to move the team, I will no longer buy any merchandise, tickets, or support them financially in any way.

Edited by Coach Klein

Because that will never happen. Read between the lines. You think the CANADIAN telecommunications giant and the owner of Maple Leafs Sports Entertainment network as well as 2 other Toronto teams has any intentions of owning a team in Buffalo, NY?

NEWS FLASH: There is no Santa Clause or the Easter Bunny and the Toronto group wants a team in Toronto

If the Toronto group wins the bid and pretends to want to stay in Buffalo I will continue following and rooting for the team. After all regardless of whether the owner took the team to Toronto in 2020, if the BUFFALO Bills win the SB in 2018 it is still the Bills winning. As soon as the move is declared I will cease all support but not before. Also I will never believe any group is keeping the team in Buffalo until they sign a new long term deal.

If the Toronto group wins the bid and pretends to want to stay in Buffalo I will continue following and rooting for the team. After all regardless of whether the owner took the team to Toronto in 2020, if the BUFFALO Bills win the SB in 2018 it is still the Bills winning. As soon as the move is declared I will cease all support but not before. Also I will never believe any group is keeping the team in Buffalo until they sign a new long term deal.

Thanks for your honesty and your realistic take on the situation. They must think we are dumb if they want us to believe a group from Toronto would want to keep a team in Buffalo, NY and thus deny their city of a team. We are not sheep. Shame on Bon Jovi and Ron Jaworski and anyone else that tries to deceit us in the process.

Personally I would probably fall somewhere in the middle. I would watch the team from a distance but knowing they would be moving soon I just couldn't be as big of fan as I am now. I couldn't take that kind of heartbreak. And I will be on the frontline of any protests people can think of in the meantime. The NFL would be dumb to allow this to happen. This is going to be a trainwreck for the next 6 yrs and my hope is that the Toronto group will realize this and back down

I'd still be an NFL fan just because I still enjoy following the sport. But I would not be a fan of whatever the team would be called if they moved. And I don't think I'd ever have a favorite team again. I'd just kind of root for teams on a game-by-game basis.

This

So if this Toronto group buys the team and keeps them in WNY, you are done with the Bills?

If Toronto buys the team, no matter what BS they try to feed the fans, they are moving the team. It would be like buying a car and leaving it at the dealership.

So if this Toronto group buys the team and keeps them in WNY, you are done with the Bills?

They won't. They can't. It's not in their DNA. They aren't going to deny their city and they COUNTRY a chance at an NFL team. They will do whatever if takes to bring the NFL to Canada and more specifically, the city of Toronto

If the team plays in Buffalo, then life goes on. If the team moves from Buffalo they are dead to me. I'll watch the super bowl for the commercials and spend more time cursing out the Cubs.

Sure. 45 years a fan, always a fan. Heck the players and coaches don't live there for the most part. We're kind of rooting for laundry and memories when you really think about it. Who knows if they'll move . 6-7 years a lot can happen.

I am impressed how even keeled you appear 8&8 . wise words really.

some of us have gotten to be quite nearly in a Tizzy . and by us , i of course mean to say, me .

a lot can happen by then cant it ?

I root because of the history . I have embraced it again after a rather long time away from Bills .

I think i am pretty good with my instincts . And i do get the ideas that Bills are on the rise and not just a blurb or an afterthought in the NFL soon enough .

Best way to keep them here is actually to dominate the AFC .

and drive the fans bonkers doing it . I think folks in the area and Beyond ! really want to come out of the woodwork and cheer for a winning Team more than the Goodell realizes.

again.as said by so many so often . winning will fix everything

F no. The instant it is apparent the Bills will be moving it is over. One caveat: Browns fans packed their stadium after the announcement that the Browns were moving for one reason only - to show the league they deserved another team. I'd encourage everyone to go for that reason alone. Even if it is just to rally outside the stadium on game days.