A Jersey Dilemma

Hey guys, would love your opinions on a jersey dilemma. My company is based in Chicago and my boss is a Bills fan, too. He's springing for a couple of tickets to the Bills opening day game against the Bears and I want to get him a jersey to say thanks

Here's my dilemma: If I go with the Watkins jersey, I'm limited to the replica jersey with the iron on (or is it screen-printed?) name. If I go with the nice Nike Limited jersey with the sewn on name, my options are Alonso, Manuel, Spiller, Jackson and Mario Williams.

Now, the Alonso jersey would be a solid gift, but then I'm left with either A) Buying myself a matching jersey, or B) Buying myself one of the other guys. Manuel may or may not stick, Spiller is a great player but could be outta here soon, Fred's almost done, and Mario is...well, ya just never know. I'd rather get myself a jersey for a guy who'll be around a while, and I'd prefer it to be the Nike Limited jersey.

So...give myself the nice Alonso jersey and give the boss the replica Sammy Watkins jersey, or give my boss the kick-ass Alonso jersey and get myself the Nike Limited jersey of my second choice player?

Or option C: Wait 'til next year and get myself a Nike Limited Watkins jersey?

You have a lot of options, but from your post I would go get him the "legend of Kiko", or you go classic and get him a Kelly jersey. If he's old enough, he'll know how special that one is to Bills fans.

I don't want to break your bank as that can get expensive. Root hard for us partner. We'll need it, but know we can beat them if we play our game. They are horrible against the run, and we are next to the best.

Our secondary will be challenged that day, but hopefully our front four makes it very hard on Cutler. Their O Line is avg at best, and we need a huge day from our front guys.

The best advice is to find out who his all-time favorite RETIRED Bill is and get a retro. Current player jerseys usually flame out and are nearly never worn again. I have a Fitz and a Bledsoe that won't see the light of day again.

My Bobby Chandler throwback -on the other hand- needs to be replaced from wear & tear.

To my recollection, only the Juice disgraced us after retirement, but his jersey is definitely a conversation starter..

Get him the Watkins jersey. If Sammy is all we hope he is, your boss will appreciate having the #14 jersey, and years from now, he will remember the time that he and WickedGame went to that Bills game years ago..."when was that?" people will ask. "It was the 2014 season opener...Sammy Watkins first game".

ps...if your boss is a big dude, take a look at my post on the Trading Post!

Edited by Buftex

I know Chicago is a pretty expensive ticket but him springing for tickets and you getting him a jersey is pretty close. Are you sure you want to do this? It's more than just a gesture of thanks.

I was thinking the same thing. I mean buy him a few beers at the game. I think that is more then enough of a nice gesture of thanks. If your going to buy him the Nike jersey you might as well just got the tickets yourself.

Hey guys, would love your opinions on a jersey dilemma. My company is based in Chicago and my boss is a Bills fan, too. He's springing for a couple of tickets to the Bills opening day game against the Bears and I want to get him a jersey to say thanks

Here's my dilemma: If I go with the Watkins jersey, I'm limited to the replica jersey with the iron on (or is it screen-printed?) name. If I go with the nice Nike Limited jersey with the sewn on name, my options are Alonso, Manuel, Spiller, Jackson and Mario Williams.

Now, the Alonso jersey would be a solid gift, but then I'm left with either A) Buying myself a matching jersey, or B) Buying myself one of the other guys. Manuel may or may not stick, Spiller is a great player but could be outta here soon, Fred's almost done, and Mario is...well, ya just never know. I'd rather get myself a jersey for a guy who'll be around a while, and I'd prefer it to be the Nike Limited jersey.

So...give myself the nice Alonso jersey and give the boss the replica Sammy Watkins jersey, or give my boss the kick-ass Alonso jersey and get myself the Nike Limited jersey of my second choice player?

Or option C: Wait 'til next year and get myself a Nike Limited Watkins jersey?

Option D - Chinese wholesale and get your Watkins sans-screenprint jersey for $27.

i'm in the same boat. i was doing alright with my sj13 jersey. its sitting in my closet next to my bledsoe jersey. fortunately i have a #51 spikes jersey that will probably be what i am wearing this year. but i am trying to figure out where to go next. i've been thinking about a mario williams jersey or a kyle williams jersey. i'll probably get a throwback, try to find myself a bruce smith jersey. my third one. been thinking of kiko or if they ever do a d. talley jersey i'd be all over that. so my suggestion, get a throwback, its safer and won't be sitting in the closet collecting dust in a year or so