Things that make you go "hmmmmmm" Spikes/Aaron Hernandez

Who hasn't been on the call list of a (alleged) 3 time murderer?

Seriously though, they have known each other a long time. Obviously there is a relationship there. I have some old friends who ended up doing some real stupid stuff (not murder but you get the point). It doesn't mean Spikes has done anything wrong.

Well one question is did AH add it or did BS want to be on it? Not at all clear from that link. Also and I really hate to say this but maybe BS thinks AH is innocent (he hasn't been proved guilty)? I still think OJ didn't do it and I was only a fan.

I also had some badish associations when I was young, I don't think any that killed anyone but who knows. Some even went to jail.

Not really a big deal. Chances are they were friends before all this went down. Doesn't mean Spikes is a criminal or involved in any of AHs gang activity. Many people have friends, family, acquaintances in prison. It happens.

This is a quote from NYS corrections phone list information:

The Department’s "Call-Home" program allows offenders to make phone calls as a way to maintain contact with family and friends. The offender may only call you collect. This means you will have to pay for the call.

"An offender is only permitted to call persons on their approved telephone list and may only have up to 15 telephone numbers on their approved list at any time. Phone numbers may only be added or deleted at the request of the offender. This is generally done on a quarterly basis when the offender meets with his or her assigned Offender Rehabilitation Coordinator. If, however, you do not wish to receive telephone calls from an offender, you need to notify the facility, in writing, and your name will be entered on the offender’s Negative Correspondence and Telephone List. The offender will be immediately notified in writing that you have been removed from his/her "Telephone List" and that disciplinary action may be taken if the telephone is used in any manner to contact you. In addition, your telephone number will be removed from the telephone system"

Be careful what you wish for, Bills fans: https://www.youtube....h?v=Ta0garYRQ_0 .

There's an argument that Ealey spit in Spikes face the play prior. Spikes said he wasn't trying to injure but rub it back in his face.

Who the heck knows but I heard Rod Woodson say Seattle has so many players with "that dog" in them. I think it's time we had some players with that dog. Seattle is nasty. I think they play so physical that the referees have a difficult time figuring out what to call because they're so aggressive, so they basically elevate the allowable aggressiveness because it's a constant. I for one am glad Spikes is here and I'll live with some of his antics if he elevates the toughness of this defense. We're talented on defense there's zero doubt about that, now IMO we have to get crazy physical with teams.

Well one question is did AH add it or did BS want to be on it? Not at all clear from that link. Also and I really hate to say this but maybe BS thinks AH is innocent (he hasn't been proved guilty)? I still think OJ didn't do it and I was only a fan.

I also had some badish associations when I was young, I don't think any that killed anyone but who knows. Some even went to jail.

You guys are all so forgiving and naive!

Spikes is clearly a complicit murderer, he needs to tattoo three teardrops on his face.

Hopefully the evidence will not become clear enough for an arrest until after the 2014 season.

Ha. He is one of 15 people that Hernandez wants to be able to contact. That's pretty close friendship. It's not an indictment, but it's not exactly a positive.

Tell me more about this, I want to know how your mind works...

Edited by HoF Watkins

There's an argument that Ealey spit in Spikes face the play prior. Spikes said he wasn't trying to injure but rub it back in his face.

Who the heck knows but I heard Rod Woodson say Seattle has so many players with "that dog" in them. I think it's time we had some players with that dog. Seattle is nasty. I think they play so physical that the referees have a difficult time figuring out what to call because they're so aggressive, so they basically elevate the allowable aggressiveness because it's a constant. I for one am glad Spikes is here and I'll live with some of his antics if he elevates the toughness of this defense. We're talented on defense there's zero doubt about that, now IMO we have to get crazy physical with teams.

yeah, I don't care if we have a few serial killers on the roster, I want that trophy! I mean, what are the odds that someone I KNOW will be a victim...It's all good. Bills Rule!

Edited by HoF Watkins

yeah, I don't care if we have a few serial killers on the roster, I want that trophy! I mean, what are the odds that someone I KNOW will be a victim...It's all good. Bills Rule!

Tough defensive football players that get overly aggressive at times = serial killers?

HH "Hey, yo Spikes thanks for callin'. MFers be scared to call a brotha right now."

BS: "F that ****, you're my boy, dog"

HH: "I got no time this has to be quick. I need you to do something for me?"

BS: "What's that dog?"

HH:"I need you to kill Brady for me. That MFer sold me out."

BS: "Yeah man I'm gonna F him up on Sundays. F that pretty boy B word-ass B word."

HH: "On Sunday? Damn you quick."

BS: "I'm on the Bills now. I think we play them in October or something."

HH: "What are you talkin', "play"? I need you to MFing kill MFing Tom Brady. I need you to rip his MFing face off and feed it to him. And get that B word Gisselle too, always runin' her MFing mouth …"

BS: "I can't hear you. My phone is breaking up … shhhh … click"

HH "Hey, yo Spikes thanks for callin'. MFers be scared to call a brotha right now."

HH: "I got no time this has to be quick. I need you to do something for me?"

BS: "What's that dog?"

HH:"I need you to kill Brady for me. That MFer sold me out."

BS: "Yeah man I'm gonna F him up on Sundays. F that pretty boy B word-ass B word."

HH: "On Sunday? Damn you quick."

BS: "I'm on the Bills now. I think we play them in October or something."

HH: "What are you talkin', "play"? I need you to MFing kill MFing Tom Brady. I need you to rip his MFing face off and feed it to him. And get that B word Gisselle too, always runin' her MFing mouth …"

BS: "I can't hear you. My phone is breaking up … shhhh … click"

all prison ohone calls are monitored or recorded

You guys are all so forgiving and naive!

Spikes is clearly a complicit murderer, he needs to tattoo three teardrops on his face.

Hopefully the evidence will not become clear enough for an arrest until after the 2014 season.

I'm going to go start a new thread about MLBs available via free agency in 2015.

Good point. There is a limit that shouldn't be crossed though (I'm not saying Spikes has crossed it, btw).

This is not a story. They played together at Florida (I think their careers overlapped) & with the Pats. They have a relationship and are probably friends. AH's transgressions have nothing to do with Spikes.

The flip side is that if he were in NE still, the board would be lighting him and the pats up.

That spikes hasn't been squeaky clean, Hernandez has his obvious issues, and the pounceys are the other chunk of the group of close Gator nfl friends(and have been questioned in interstate gun issues with AH) - it's certainly not what you would like to hear about your guy being even near.... But as you said, there's a very real chance they are simply casual friends - but placing him in his 15 person list is a little red flag and spikes accepting probably is atleast a symptom of the type of thinking (not following the patriot way) that got him run out of town.

Sour grapes article. Spikes trashes the Pats so NECN writes a stupid piece on how he's on AH's call list, but can't confirm if Spikes has even talked to AH, and doesn't mention what current Pats players are also on the list (and no doubt there are some).

Nice stuff. Prisoners can't receive calls, they can only call out, and they can only call collect.

One criterion for being on a prisoner's call list is being willing/able to accept collect charges.

From another article at the link:

"In a separate case, Hernandez on Monday pleaded not guilty to assaulting an inmate and threatening a guard. Hernandez is accused of punching Andrew Booker while Booker was allegedly in handcuffs. Additionally, a correctional officer handing out food said Hernandez threatened to shoot and kill his family when he got out of jail after the officer allegedly refused to give him more food."

I would hate to be AH lawyer. I don't think they can get paid enough.

Sour grapes article. Spikes trashes the Pats so NECN writes a stupid piece on how he's on AH's call list, but can't confirm if Spikes has even talked to AH, and doesn't mention what current Pats players are also on the list (and no doubt there are some).

It's a 15(?) person list, and allegedly he didn't have many friends on the team. I wouldn't be shocked if spikes and pouncey are pretty close to it for nfl players - throw in family and non nfl friends and you've got to be close to filling up the list

It's a 15(?) person list, and allegedly he didn't have many friends on the team. I wouldn't be shocked if spikes and pouncey are pretty close to it for nfl players - throw in family and non nfl friends and you've got to be close to filling up the list

Do we know if it is a 15 person list? It varies state to state.

Again, I am not overreacting to this list. I am sure that Adrian Peterson was on his dad's list. There are other Bills players on people's call lists whether it be family members or people that they grew up with. AH obviously has his share of issues and has for a while. By all indications Spikes is a bit questionable on the field but hasn't been in trouble off of it (at least that I remember).

Unless we find out that Spikes was with AH at 1 of his multiple murders I am fine with it. Hernandez kind of has a sociopath feel anyways. The guy allegedly had a few murders under his belt and was just going through his regular day to day. When OJ had his issues he went off the deep end. Spikes may not have even known or suspected that any of this happened.

Just because Spikes didn't turn his back and ostracize someone that he has known for years doesn't mean that he condones it or accepts it. I have been through a similar situation (on the Spikes side and not anything like murder or rape). It has nothing to do with accepting, believing or condoning. All that you do is support that person in their difficult time. I know that I would want the same. If anything to me it takes a high character friend to stick through this. Who knows what their relationship is or was or will be. I just don't believe in guilt by association.

Do we know if it is a 15 person list? It varies state to state.

Again, I am not overreacting to this list. I am sure that Adrian Peterson was on his dad's list. There are other Bills players on people's call lists whether it be family members or people that they grew up with. AH obviously has his share of issues and has for a while. By all indications Spikes is a bit questionable on the field but hasn't been in trouble off of it (at least that I remember).

Unless we find out that Spikes was with AH at 1 of his multiple murders I am fine with it. Hernandez kind of has a sociopath feel anyways. The guy allegedly had a few murders under his belt and was just going through his regular day to day. When OJ had his issues he went off the deep end. Spikes may not have even known or suspected that any of this happened.

Just because Spikes didn't turn his back and ostracize someone that he has known for years doesn't mean that he condones it or accepts it. I have been through a similar situation (on the Spikes side and not anything like murder or rape). It has nothing to do with accepting, believing or condoning. All that you do is support that person in their difficult time. I know that I would want the same. If anything to me it takes a high character friend to stick through this. Who knows what their relationship is or was or will be. I just don't believe in guilt by association.

I agree, and was just pointing out that it's a situation we don't know a ton about and could easily break either way with regards to what it says about spikes. If he was a pat most would assume the worst, as a bill most will say its a non-story. Its possible the two were tight the whole way and spikes might be more along the pouncey type of friendship (worrisome). It's also possible it's just a guy Hernandez has known for a long time and a connection to his dreams of returning to the nfl and spikes comes from a background where you don't kick those people to the curb- which certainly wouldn't be the end of the world....

It's clear you are weighing the situation with thought and reason though, not just bills fan glasses - which is what I'd expect from you.

I'm not positive it's 15, but that's what I read. I admittedly don't have a firm answer though.

Edited by NoSaint

I'm going to go start a new thread about MLBs available via free agency in 2015.

We'll have Preston Brown waiting in the wings so that should not be as dire an issue.

What you should look up is free agent DE's for 2015.

I agree, and was just pointing out that it's a situation we don't know a ton about and could easily break either way with regards to what it says about spikes. If he was a pat most would assume the worst, as a bill most will say its a non-story. Its possible the two were tight the whole way and spikes might be more along the pouncey type of friendship (worrisome). It's also possible it's just a guy Hernandez has known for a long time and a connection to his dreams of returning to the nfl and spikes comes from a background where you don't kick those people to the curb- which certainly wouldn't be the end of the world....

It's clear you are weighing the situation with thought and reason though, not just bills fan glasses - which is what I'd expect from you.

I'm not positive it's 15, but that's what I read. I admittedly don't have a firm answer though.

Yeah, I actually even feel the same for the Pouncey's despite their poor decisions (ie the "Free Hernandez" hats). AH clearly has issues and skeletons. There has just never been any evidence to me to say that those others do as well.

You are definitely right though is Spikes were on the Pats this thread would be 30 pages of people teeing off. We'd be discussing which one was the driver and which one the shooter in the double homicide.

We'll have Preston Brown waiting in the wings so that should not be as dire an issue.

What you should look up is free agent DE's for 2015.

Not a dire issue? That's an even better reason to start a panicky thread about it.

Yeah, I actually even feel the same for the Pouncey's despite their poor decisions (ie the "Free Hernandez" hats). AH clearly has issues and skeletons. There has just never been any evidence to me to say that those others do as well.

You are definitely right though is Spikes were on the Pats this thread would be 30 pages of people teeing off. We'd be discussing which one was the driver and which one the shooter in the double homicide.

The pounceys part I think what gets me more than the hats was the implication that they were involved with AH and illegal weapons across state lines. Another situation we don't know a ton about but once getting into those discussions it crosses from innocent friendship to the pounceys potentially having some ugliness on their resumes too. Wasn't miamis pouncey brought in for questioning on the topic last year (right in the middle of the incognito Martin mess)?

The pounceys part I think what gets me more than the hats was the implication that they were involved with AH and illegal weapons across state lines. Another situation we don't know a ton about but once getting into those discussions it crosses from innocent friendship to the pounceys potentially having some ugliness on their resumes too. Wasn't miamis pouncey brought in for questioning on the topic last year (right in the middle of the incognito Martin mess)?

The Miami Pouncey was the other guy involved in the bullying. They certainly have made some poor (and really immature) decisions. I wouldn't want that guy on my team (specifically the Miami one).