What if EJ Stinks or Gets Injured Again?

Would a line up of Mike Williams, Sammy, Woods, Goodwin and Manual or Williams, Stevie, Woods, Goodwin and Bortles ( or another one of the early drafted QB's ) feel better right now. Somehow, reading about Manuel in OTA's is not making me feel good about the decision we made.

When he says he Is trying to remain even keeled and not too emotional he sounds like Rob Johnson or Losman not a leader. Not being able to make a throw in practice sounds all too familiar.

What if you actually had a original thought?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thad is a decent backup....

first play I thought of.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/buffalo-bills/0ap2000000305908/T-J-Graham-41-yard-reception

Perfect deep pass to TJ With a wet ball.

I am really down on Thad as a starter. He just strikes me as a 150-yd, 3 TO kinda guy. I can live with him as a back up.

At least with Tuel, I feel like I see some more upside. I hope he can take it to another level and be the no. 2.

I think Thad did well last year considering the circumstances. He has a certain fire or attitude about him that I like, and while he will probably never be a top end starter in the NFL, I do think he's a decent backup who now knows the system.

Agree. He's only started 6 games in his career. EJ has started 10. I dont think we really know what we have in either of them based on their limited PT. Their stats and rating are fairly similar so far. I'm routing for both of these guys to light it up. A QB controversy because they both look really good would be an excellent problem to have.

Agree. He's only started 6 games in his career. EJ has started 10. I dont think we really know what we have in either of them based on their limited PT. Their stats and rating are fairly similar so far. I'm routing for both of these guys to light it up. A QB controversy because they both look really good would be an excellent problem to have.

Highway or Local? :nana:

If he shows the same bad habits in preseason the Bills will limp through the season. Give it some time and see if he improves. I am slowly moving from optimistic about EJ to pessimistic.

Would a line up of Mike Williams, Sammy, Woods, Goodwin and Manual or Williams, Stevie, Woods, Goodwin and Bortles ( or another one of the early drafted QB's ) feel better right now. Somehow, reading about Manuel in OTA's is not making me feel good about the decision we made.

When he says he Is trying to remain even keeled and not too emotional he sounds like Rob Johnson or Losman not a leader. Not being able to make a throw in practice sounds all too familiar.

Pretty much, might have to trade for Mallett.

this is insane. ed rutkowski is probably, like, 70 years old now. even if you you subscribe to the "70 is the new 40" adage, he would still be among the oldest quarterbacks in the league! i'm as nostalgic as the next guy, but this strikes me as a "marv levy as gm"-type move. it reeks of desperation.

there have got to be better options!

:worthy::lol:

I am by no means EJ's biggest fan (or hater). I have some reservations based on what I have seen but think that he has a chance. With that being said I still have no issue with the move for Watkins. They had him as the best player in a great draft. He can be a game changer and has a high floor. You only have so many opportunities to add elite (not good) players and he can be that.

This team is built to win now. If EJ isn't that guy I think that they will miss their window waiting on another rookie to develop. If he is not the guy they will have to acquire a veteran that is ready to play and win now. I understand that the Bills don't have a 1st to trade but often 1-2 shake loose. I could see Bradford, Dalton (if they don't in alone his extension), Smith, Cutler, Romo, Palmer, Cassell, Roethlisberger, Cousins, Mallett, Hoyer, or Henne. Obviously, some are better options than others. Bradford or Romo would be realistic options IMO. If the Cowboys win 5 games are they going to pay that price tag for a 35 year old QB? The Bills could deal a 2nd for him and keep him for 3-4 years.

Trading or cutting Romo between the 2014 and 2015 seasons would mean $37.4M in dead money for the Cowboys, which would be almost $10M more than his cap hit if he is on the team. Parting ways with him is not feasible for the Cowboys. I doubt Dalton comes available unless he flames out this season. Bradford is a maybe, but I'd bet 2016 is more likely. The Rams will want a better option on the roster first. I don't see the Steelers letting Roethlisburger go, although I'm not sure how they are keeping him happy with his current deal. He is very underpaid for what he brings to that team. Cutler won't be available. He got his contract and is staying in Chicago. Hoyer will likely only be available if he fails/is injured and gives way to Manziel who, in turn, plays well. Not another name on that list interests me. Smith would be the best of the remaining names.

I don't agree on the "window" comment. This team can be stable for years. RB and MLB will need addressed for next season, but I don't see a lot of important contracts ending that I don't think can't be extended. Who is aging out in the next two years?

Trading or cutting Romo between the 2014 and 2015 seasons would mean $37.4M in dead money for the Cowboys, which would be almost $10M more than his cap hit if he is on the team. Parting ways with him is not feasible for the Cowboys. I doubt Dalton comes available unless he flames out this season. Bradford is a maybe, but I'd bet 2016 is more likely. The Rams will want a better option on the roster first. I don't see the Steelers letting Roethlisburger go, although I'm not sure how they are keeping him happy with his current deal. He is very underpaid for what he brings to that team. Cutler won't be available. He got his contract and is staying in Chicago. Hoyer will likely only be available if he fails/is injured and gives way to Manziel who, in turn, plays well. Not another name on that list interests me. Smith would be the best of the remaining names.

I don't agree on the "window" comment. This team can be stable for years. RB and MLB will need addressed for next season, but I don't see a lot of important contracts ending that I don't think can't be extended. Who is aging out in the next two years?

Windows close quickly. The d line has a chance to be a dominant unit but Kyle Williams is getting older, Mario's cap number spikes, Hughes is a free agent, and Dareus' issues are well documented. Gilmore is not far from free agency and if he is the elite CB that some believe the going rate on that is quite a bit. Glenn will be one a FA at the same time. Spiller & Fred are both up (although I don't think too much to resign). Mike Williams cap number spikes next year as well. Spikes becomes a FA again next year. There are a lot of question marks in the not so distant future. Some will work themselves out and some will not. I am not trying to be depressing but when you start looking at it we are not far from some tough decisions. Edited by Kirby Jackson