What if EJ Stinks or Gets Injured Again?

If EJ stinks or gets injured then we're mostly screwed...Thad can play "don't get you killed" football for a few games, but he cannot win a game on his arm. EJ can; whether he can do so consistently is a big question mark for certain, but the ability to do so is there.

I can't say the same for Thad or Tuel IMO.

To play devils advocate, it has been said (by chris brown I believe) that Thad's arm is noticeably stronger than the others in camp :w00t: .

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To play devils advocate, it has been said (by chris brown I believe) that Thad's arm is noticeably stronger than the others in camp :w00t: .

I saw Brown say that Thad had more zip in practice, yeah. Although I think EJ has the stronger arm overall, I was more talking about whether or not he could make the throws in the clutch to win a game; not necessarily about his literal arm strength.

We've seen EJ do it (both against Carolina and Atlanta), just not consistently.

If we need to rely on the other two to do so, my hopes are not high.

That's all I was saying.

Guarantee that Watkins has better production than SJ this year. Guarantee EJ has better production than Bortles or any other of the "early" drafted (whatever that even means since I would consider Bortles the only early drafted one myself) QBs this year. Guarantee that OTAs don't mean jack squat. Guarantee these hypothetical "what if we did..." don't mean squat either.

Bortles isn't even playing this year per Dave Caldwell cuz he ain't even close to being ready, so take it to the bank.

I saw Brown say that Thad had more zip in practice, yeah. Although I think EJ has the stronger arm overall, I was more talking about whether or not he could make the throws in the clutch to win a game; not necessarily about his literal arm strength.

We've seen EJ do it (both against Carolina and Atlanta), just not consistently.

If we need to rely on the other two to do so, my hopes are not high.

That's all I was saying.

When you take into consideration the new Offense being installed last season, new coaching staff, rookie additions to the starting lineup along with injuries at the QB position. Makes it hard to get a good evaluation on EJ Manuel, Thad Lewis or Jeff Tuel IMO.

Myself personally, I believe Manuel has the highest ceiling, but there is a lot to like about Thad Lewis...

When you take into consideration the new Offense being installed last season, new coaching staff, rookie additions to the starting lineup along with injuries at the QB position. Makes it hard to get a good evaluation on EJ Manuel, Thad Lewis or Jeff Tuel IMO.

Myself personally, I believe Manuel has the highest ceiling, but there is a lot to like about Thad Lewis...

You've said this before, and I've given you my reasoning.

Funny how no one is worried if EJ turns out great.

Yup. And obviously Whaley and Marrone aren't terribly worried about Manuel or they would have not traded next years first round draft pick for Watkins.

They know more than we do so don't worry, be happy at this point :)

The same thing that happens to any rookie who fails miserably the second year. He deals with fan outrage, possibly gets benched, and has to fight for a job the following year. The Bills aren't unique in this situation.

We have so many weapons on offense, plus an improved line. What happens if EJ stinks, or misses significant games? Is there a reliable backup plan? If not, here comes 7-9.

All of the eggs are in the EJ basket.

Hmmmmm....6-10?

5-11

Bortles isn't even playing this year per Dave Caldwell cuz he ain't even close to being ready, so take it to the bank.

I wonder if Jags fans are calling for him to be cut already. He should be a pro-bowler by now, what a bust.

Yup. And obviously Whaley and Marrone aren't terribly worried about Manuel or they would have not traded next years first round draft pick for Watkins.

They know more than we do so don't worry, be happy at this point :)

Pretty much. Sometimes have to fish or cut bait. Fans wanted a QB drafted #1 in 2013 and that's what they got. Now we are developing him. You don't do that by tossing him out after one injury riddled season.

Pretty much. Sometimes have to fish or cut bait. Fans wanted a QB drafted #1 in 2013 and that's what they got. Now we are developing him. You don't do that by tossing him out after one injury riddled season.

Or determine how much he has improved from last season in his 8th practice, with new personnel, in June.