Prediction: Bills move up to #4 to take MACK

I really think they do want to trade up. I dont think its pure smoke and mirrors. There's nothing to be gained by announcing that you want to trade up, except playing the upper teams against each other to earn your business, which is good.

And I think they want MACK. That would be such a feel-good story for the fans.

And here is your smoke, to back up my feeling its MACK. From PFT today:

“I’ve heard from three league sources in the past week that the Bills are trying to trade up,” McShay writes. “If they do make a move, it’ll likely be to land Clowney, Robinson or Watkins.”

http://profootballta...nt-to-trade-up/

Also, Browns wanna trade down, (and I'm sure Whaley and Pettine are still cool).

http://profootballta...an-fourth-pick/

And I think they will move to #4 with cleveland. Cleveland wants a QB and can still get one at 9. We dont need to jump to 3 because Jax isnt taking Mack. They need a QB also.

And I dont think that Whaley thinks that WR is a position of need. And I agree.

Edited by maddenboy

Well if McShay says it, it has to be true. :) I highly doubt how many sources these "experts" even have. I could see Mayock having some but it is beyond stupid to leak information.

But to answer the question, as good of a player as I think Mack is, to give up that much to get a LB is very, very risky. I think the Bills aren't going to invest that much resources for Mack. IMO, the only real position you should trade up for is QB and possibly DE.

Well if McShay says it, it has to be true. :) I highly doubt how many sources these "experts" even have. I could see Mayock having some but it is beyond stupid to leak information.

But to answer the question, as good of a player as I think Mack is, to give up that much to get a LB is very, very risky. I think the Bills aren't going to invest that much resources for Mack. IMO, the only real position you should trade up for is QB and possibly DE.

. . . but that's the point. If McShay is saying thay want Clowney, Robinson, or Watkins, THAT means the Bills are feeding him false info. Which teams always do at this time of year.

And who says they cant/wont move Mack to DE?

Edited by maddenboy

. . . but that's the point. If McShay is saying thay want Clowney, Robinson, or Watkins, THAT means the Bills are feeding him false info. Which teams always do at this time of year.

And who says they cant/wont move Mack to DE?

He's only 6'3" 247 lbs. He's a 1" shorter than EJ and only 10 lbs heavier. He couldn't last at DE. Plus, with his athletic ability, you should move him all over the field. JMO though. I do feel he is going to be a really good player in this league.

and they would be drafting Mack to play where? do you see him as a DE bc I dont

if the plan would be to play him at LB then why did they sign Rivers whose spot im guessing he would take bc it wouldnt be Kiko's

if the Bills trade up its for Clowney or Watkins as I just dont see them trading up for a LB when they have 3 starters at LB already

But to answer the question, as good of a player as I think Mack is, to give up that much to get a LB is very, very risky.

whats funny is your screen name ;-)

and they would be drafting Mack to play where? do you see him as a DE bc I dont

if the plan would be to play him at LB then why did they sign Rivers whose spot im guessing he would take bc it wouldnt be Kiko's

if the Bills trade up its for Clowney or Watkins as I just dont see them trading up for a LB when they have 3 starters at LB already

maybe, just maybe... They signed Rivers as precaution. Or maybe they intended him to play backup to any if the LB spots. A nice veteran is always a good thing to have on the roster.

If the Bills were to trade up I would hope it would be for the best OT or Clowney. I like where they are and I like the depth in rounds two and three too much to suggest trading from those rounds to move up except for a franchise maker. We can get a very good OT in round 1 and a pretty good OT in round 2 and we can get an exceptional wr in round one and a darn good wr in round 2. In round three there will be all kinds of very good players to improve the team. All in all I'd like to see us play the hand we have.

Someone called the Rams (Foolish) trade for Tavon Austin last year, prior to the draft.

I thought they were smoking crack. Who would trade that much for Ted Ginn Jr. II but I was wrong on that.

Who called that trade? Lets ask him what his prediction is, this year.

I really think they do want to trade up. I dont think its pure smoke and mirrors. There's nothing to be gained by announcing that you want to trade up, except playing the upper teams against each other to earn your business, which is good.

“I’ve heard from three league sources in the past week that the Bills are trying to trade up,” McShay writes. “If they do make a move, it’ll likely be to land Clowney, Robinson or Watkins.”

Also, Browns wanna trade down, (and I'm sure Whaley and Pettine are still cool).

And I think they will move to #4 with cleveland. Cleveland wants a QB and can still get one at 9. We dont need to jump to 3 because Jax isnt taking Mack. They need a QB also.

You lost me on the bolded part. No offense...Screw the fans and their feel good stories. This team for 15 years has been littered with them...and we fail to make the playoffs. Any trade up should be to get a guy to help us get into the playoffs, screw feel good blah blah blah.

You lost me on the bolded part. No offense...Screw the fans and their feel good stories. This team for 15 years has been littered with them...and we fail to make the playoffs. Any trade up should be to get a guy to help us get into the playoffs, screw feel good blah blah blah.

Good point. A feel good story should not even be a consideration. getting Mack would be great but most would draft him for his abilities not to appease fans.

I know they play different positions, but someone tell me why Mack is a better prospect than Aaron Donald, who will probably be available at 9.

i agree. Personally I think Donald or Barr will be the best players in this draft. Well find out in a few years I guess. But these 2 players are dominant IMO.

i agree. Personally I think Donald or Barr will be the best players in this draft. Well find out in a few years I guess. But these 2 players are dominant IMO.

And both played against higher levels of competition than Mack.

Edited by mannc

I think someone is playing Mcshay for a fool. In a strong draft the Bills need more picks not less. Other than Clowney who might be a once in a generation talent if everything checks out. I don't see the Bills making a move like this for another player. If you can use Stevie Johnson as a trade chip to move up then it makes sense to go after Sammy Watkins.

Edited by billieve420

Cleveland won't give up #4. Best they can hope for is Oakland at #5.

But why? I respect your opinions on this board.

They would only be moving down 5 spots, plus getting more picks, or SJ13, or something. If they want Carr, I fully expect him to be there at 9,

I actually think the most likely trade up is for Mack. We won't have to go to #1 and trade up cost should be lower.

However, people are WAY over analyzing statements from Whaley. He did not say we ARE going to trade up, he said why wouldn't he if there was a guy they felt could get us to the playoffs. He also said he's open to staying put and trading down. In other words, all options are on the table. However, people seem to have taken the trade up as gospel now. I think the Bills are making calls to gauge interest in case a guy is there like Watkins or Mack from picks 3-8. But I don't believe its as aggressive as the rumors say at this point and think its them getting a feel in case Watkins or Mack slides a few picks.

1. The only trade up scenario that would happen before draft night would be to #1...I highly doubt we pay that price.

2. I think Watkins and Mack are the only 2 real targets. I don't see mortgaging so many picks to get Clowney given we have a very impressive D Line already or Robinson (I mean who trades a ton of picks to get a RT...even if he plays LT, that means Glenn moves to RT...either way its to add essentially a RT) Mack and Watkins bring more to this team in areas where we need more Elite players.

The more I think about Kiko and Mack at OLB, the more I like it. Neither would have to come off the field, both have superior coverage ability, and both could really help neutralize NE's* double TE offense, where they just like to abuse your sub-package in different ways, depending on the personnel groups you use.

If he's there at 4 and Cleveland is willing, I find a way to make a deal to get it done.

Bennett 2.0

GO BILLS!!!

Cleveland Players and fans are screaming for the GM to get a top quality QB. But as there head coach said... pick 4 is to early. I believe the Browns would trade to the 9th pick if it is a win win situation for both the Browns and the Bills... What would the Bills realistically have to give up to get the 4th pick.

4th pick Is worth 1800 points

9th pick is worth 1350 points

41st pick is worth 490 points

This means the Bills trade their 1st and 2nd round pick for the Browns 4th pick in the first round

This may or not mean the Browns want more... It will have to be negotiated. for a win/win deal

Bills want Watkins, Mack or Robinson .... for such a deal. All three are going to have great NFL seasons ahead of them. I hope a trade is possible...

Cleveland Players and fans are screaming for the GM to get a top quality QB. But as there head coach said... pick 4 is to early. I believe the Browns would trade to the 9th pick if it is a win win situation for both the Browns and the Bills... What would the Bills realistically have to give up to get the 4th pick.

4th pick Is worth 1800 points

9th pick is worth 1350 points

41st pick is worth 490 points

This means the Bills trade their 1st and 2nd round pick for the Browns 4th pick in the first round

This may or not mean the Browns want more... It will have to be negotiated. for a win/win deal

Bills want Watkins, Mack or Robinson .... for such a deal. All three are going to have great NFL seasons ahead of them. I hope a trade is possible...

Unfortunately, I think the Browns will end up panicking and taking Manzeil at 4. Mark it down. :)

I hope your right, I love Mack.

Donald is a beast. We need another DT, and Donald is that guy. If he is there at 9, I think he is the BPA, IMO. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to Mack, but I'd perfer Donald in the 1st, and OT in the 2nd (which you loose by trading up for Mack). If they trade up, I think it's only to get Robinson. And it wouldn't surprise me in that scenario if they grabbed Try Mason later also.

Bottom line: stay at 9, take Donald, draft OT in second round, have stout lines. Good running, good D, we have good WR, QB play need only be average to make the playoffs.. And if so, trade up next year for QB.

Edited by RyanC883

I'm sure that the Bills .cc draft predictors all their attempted trades for everyone to find out about.

I'm sure that the other teams reveal all the offers that they have been made. Of course these other teams still want to deal with them and trust them.

I'm sure that if I like my doctor, I can keep my doctor. Period.

Here this piece of paper is Peace in Our Time. I have looked into Herr Hitler's eyes and he is a man who can be trusted.

etc.

The more I think about Kiko and Mack at OLB, the more I like it. Neither would have to come off the field, both have superior coverage ability, and both could really help neutralize NE's* double TE offense, where they just like to abuse your sub-package in different ways, depending on the personnel groups you use.

If he's there at 4 and Cleveland is willing, I find a way to make a deal to get it done.

Bennett 2.0

GO BILLS!!!

Or he is still there at five. The QBs are the tipping point for the Bills. We dont want one (or do we ? ) lol

But our Bud Cleveland Rocks has a reasonable thought .

Mack Spikes Alonso.

With this line .

Just meditate on that for awhile . Let it soak in..

We just became the best defense in football.

Or he is still there at five. The QBs are the tipping point for the Bills. We dont want one (or do we ? ) lol

But our Bud Cleveland Rocks has a reasonable thought .

Mack Spikes Alonso.

With this line .

Just meditate on that for awhile . Let it soak in..

We just became the best defense in football.

I don't know if we just became the best, but I'd say we have as much scheme flexibility as anyone else in the league for sure.

GO BILLS!!!

Call me crazy, Mack is potentially a great player, but he does not fit this defense and I think we are pretty set at linebacker. I also think Anthony Barr is a better prospect LB turned DE. Clowney or Watkins...that should be it

I don't know if we just became the best, but I'd say we have as much scheme flexibility as anyone else in the league for sure.

GO BILLS!!!

Okay . Lets go with that then.

You have two linebackers that can play 3 downs and one that excels in run game.

All three can call the plays (Mack in theory of course ). Smart men . all impressive talent. Spikes is one year deal. Keep that in mind . Rivers could be insurance.

I dont think many are thinking Bills even want Mack. He didnt visit. Did he need to ? I doubt it . They know him very well already i bet.

They want Mack and are going to work with Pettine to get him IMHO

Call me crazy, Mack is potentially a great player, but he does not fit this defense and I think we are pretty set at linebacker. I also think Anthony Barr is a better prospect LB turned DE. Clowney or Watkins...that should be it

Okay

you crazy !

Mack fits any defense in any front.

GO BILLS!!!

Okay . Lets go with that then.

You have two linebackers that can play 3 downs and one that excels in run game.

All three can call the plays (Mack in theory of course ). Smart men . all impressive talent. Spikes is one year deal. Keep that in mind . Rivers could be insurance.

I dont think many are thinking Bills even want Mack. He didnt visit. Did he need to ? I doubt it . They know him very well already i bet.

They want Mack and are going to work with Pettine to get him IMHO

Okay

you crazy !

Like I said, his coverage ability along with Kiko can really counter NE's* double TE game. But in addition to being able to cover, both can rush from the edge, which would force teams to account for them with either a back or TE. In a word, they'd be a disruptive tandem.

GO BILLS!!!

I think if Mack is there at 4 (although I expect the Jags to take him) Pettine will do back flips. I think they will try to work something out with all the picks we have to move back up to still get Carr later in the 1st.

Crap. Now you got me reconsidering.

Maybe we move to #3. The price difference isnt much, between 4 and 3. And we'd rather give extra picks to Jax than to Cleveland.

Dont do it. I tried to explain Mack doesnt fit the defense. But. Im... we are in the vast minority.

I could see a trade up for Mack starting with the #4 pick, and he is the ONLY player I think is worth trading up for.

That said I'd rather see the bills trade back outta #9, and pick up another 2nd rounder. They could trade back and grab Zack Martin, and still pick up some very good talent with two #2's. OT's, TE's, OG's, LBers