Prediction: Bills move up to #4 to take MACK

I could see a trade up for Mack starting with the #4 pick, and he is the ONLY player I think is worth trading up for.

That said I'd rather see the bills trade back outta #9, and pick up another 2nd rounder. They could trade back and grab Zack Martin, and still pick up some very good talent with two #2's. OT's, TE's, OG's, LBers

Dude. Think about what one single player would improve this team most in this draft.

And in the top ten, you'd better not miss.

Other than QB (which Whaley wont do), or a LT, (which Whaley wont do because Glenn is pretty good), what other player would you trade up for?

The kid from Buffalo, who is a stud.

Git. Er. Done.

Edited by maddenboy

I think the one single addition that will happen this year to improve the team is an offensive tackle, not a "tweener" DE/linebacker. The next most "improving" move would be WR and maybe a major heavy duty run stopper. I don't see trading down as a good idea given our needs and the depth of talent that will be there in this draft particularly in rounds two, three and maybe four.

The Bills will trade there 1st overall pick, there 3rd pick and Manny Lawson, for the Cleveland Browns pick. Manny Lawson does not fit the Bills defense and you know he excels with Pettines defense. The Bills would then Select hometown hero Mack. This would not only help the Bills PR after the death of Wilson, the Jills fiasco, and the store incident. It would also make one hell of a defense to propel this team into the playoffs. With there second pick they can take a OT. The front seven of Hughes, Williams, Dareus, Mario, Kiko, Spikes and Mack. Give me a break.

Edited by bisonbrigade

As much as it pains me to type this, the track record on taking LB's and/or "the next big thing LB" taken in the top 10 have been disappointments.

I want for Mack to be dominant and see him be a HOF.

But, historically speaking, it's a tough road for LB's taken in the top 10 to be that impact player.

Here's what we have left if we trade up

1........... #1 and nothing and nothing next year and no first in 2016

2........... #2, #73, 5th 7th, LOSE next year’s 1st round pick

3.............#3, 5th, 7th

4.............#4, #73 4th, 7th

5.............#5, #41, 5th 7th

6.............#6, #41, 4th, 5th

7.............#7, #41, #73

8.............#8, #41, #73, 4th

9.............#9, #41, #73, 4th, 5th, 7th

I think the one single addition that will happen this year to improve the team is an offensive tackle, not a "tweener" DE/linebacker. The next most "improving" move would be WR and maybe a major heavy duty run stopper. I don't see trading down as a good idea given our needs and the depth of talent that will be there in this draft particularly in rounds two, three and maybe four.

I agree. But we can get one later.

Later, we cannot get a LB who Mayock says is the best player in this draft.

The Bills will trade there 1st overall pick, there 3rd pick and Manny Lawson, for the Cleveland Browns pick. Manny Lawson does not fit the Bills defense and you know he excels with Pettines defense. The Bills would then Select hometown hero Mack.

This would not only help the Bills PR after the death of Wilson, the Jills fiasco, and the store incident. It would also make one hell of a defense to propel this team into the playoffs. With there second pick they can take a OT. The front seven of Hughes, Williams, Dareus, Mario, Kiko, Spikes and Mack. Give me a break.

Thatswhatimtalkinabout !!

Greg Gabriel was on the John Murphy show the other night and when asked if the Bills were moving up as McShay reported, Gabriel just laughed and said not if McShay said it, Kiper maybe, not mcshay

Part of the dis-information campaign methinks. Another poster pointed out (I havent confirmed) that Mack did not visit OBD, and they recently only draft visitors in the first round. . But UB is like a 20 minute drive, so I cannot imagine they didnt do homework on one of the best players in the draft.

Edited by maddenboy

Jake Mathews, Taylor Lewan or Zack Martin are not going to "transform" this team from a perennial 6-10 squad to a 10-6 type of team. Howard Ballard in his prime couldn't have that type of impact.

Think that if the Bills see Watkins on the board when the Browns pick I think they just might call dem boys in Cleveland and say Let make a deal. Maybe they can package Stevie, Lawson with our first rounder this year, 2nd next year plus a lower pick.

No sense in trading that far up for any OL. Has to be Watkins.

The Bills will trade there 1st overall pick, there 3rd pick and Manny Lawson, for the Cleveland Browns pick. Manny Lawson does not fit the Bills defense and you know he excels with Pettines defense. The Bills would then Select hometown hero Mack. This would not only help the Bills PR after the death of Wilson, the Jills fiasco, and the store incident. It would also make one hell of a defense to propel this team into the playoffs. With there second pick they can take a OT. The front seven of Hughes, Williams, Dareus, Mario, Kiko, Spikes and Mack. Give me a break.

Like your thinking but if you gonna trade up it better be for Watkins

I think this is plausible and it makes sense for both teams.

GO BILLS!!!

Mack is NOT a tweener. Period. He's an OLB in both systems.

Yep.

GO BILLS!!!

As much as it pains me to type this, the track record on taking LB's and/or "the next big thing LB" taken in the top 10 have been disappointments.

I want for Mack to be dominant and see him be a HOF.

But, historically speaking, it's a tough road for LB's taken in the top 10 to be that impact player.

Historical references are nice antecdotes, but totally not relevant.

GO BILLS!!!

Think that if the Bills see Watkins on the board when the Browns pick I think they just might call dem boys in Cleveland and say Let make a deal. Maybe they can package Stevie, Lawson with our first rounder this year, 2nd next year plus a lower pick.

No sense in trading that far up for any OL. Has to be Watkins.

Like your thinking but if you gonna trade up it better be for Watkins

Pettine has seen SJ13 firsthand. I dont think he'd bite. But he'd prolly want Lawson, who can teach his D to his new team.