Report: Bills express interest in Kenny Britt

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to imagine Carolina will pay him and offer the playing time he wants. What a mess they have on their hands at receiver

They can't afford him. They still have cap issues and will till next year. Carolina is going to go in the tank this year and maybe be drafting top 3-5

Kenny Britt = Big Strong Fast but poor hands and poor routes- I would rather have Donte Moncrief ( who seems to get not much respect ) in the 3rd

WORD! My favorite receiver in this draft! However, not sure he lasts to the 3rd. He turned some heads @ the combine and addressed the questions about his route running @ his pro day. @ 6'2 3/8" 219 Lbs., ran a 4.40, 39.5" vertical and 11' broad jump, he poseesses the athleticism to be an elite WR...Alos, 16 reps on the bench shows he'll be hard to jam up at the line. If I'm picking in the mid (15-25) range of Rd. 2, and I need a WR, I can't pass this kid up. I can see him in Carolina.

This tells me that the Bills don't really want to trade up for Watkins (I hope they at least try), that they're really not excited about Evans and that they will go defense, Ebron or Matthews at #9.

Edited by 1billsfan

I'll believe the interest in Britt when he is actually in town. Any time you get "inside" information from an agent, its usually just the agent blowing hot air to drum up interest. My bet is the Bills called to get some prelim information just in case the Draft doesn't pan out.

Worth a flier on a reasonable, short term deal (however, I'm not sure how reasonable his idea of reasonable is--he hasn't signed at any of the many places he's visited). He is a legit #1 when his head is in the game rather than stuck up his ass. He wants a short term deal because his stock is as low as it should ever be and a short term deal will enable thim to prove that he's got his head back in the game and he can parlay a good year in a short term deal into bigger bucks next year on a long term bigger money contract. So, this is a very important year in this young man's career--defines his legacy as a player in this league. After watching him play at Rutgers where he had no apparent problems with Schiano, I think he's capable of settling down and giving us a good year. That would enable us to use our first round pick on an OT, trade back for Ebron, etc... It opens up other doors for us by not requiring us to take a risk on Evans (who I agree with others is a gamble). If Watkins is there I would go for it even with Britt (he's an electric talent and Britt would probably be a one and done player and we would be able to get rid of some dead weight this year, i.e., TJ). Just my uninformed, opinion....

I'll believe the interest in Britt when he is actually in town. Any time you get "inside" information from an agent, its usually just the agent blowing hot air to drum up interest. My bet is the Bills called to get some prelim information just in case the Draft doesn't pan out.

Good point.

I second this.

CBF

Worth a flier on a reasonable, short term deal (however, I'm not sure how reasonable his idea of reasonable is--he hasn't signed at any of the many places he's visited). He is a legit #1 when his head is in the game rather than stuck up his ass. He wants a short term deal because his stock is as low as it should ever be and a short term deal will enable thim to prove that he's got his head back in the game and he can parlay a good year in a short term deal into bigger bucks next year on a long term bigger money contract. So, this is a very important year in this young man's career--defines his legacy as a player in this league. After watching him play at Rutgers where he had no apparent problems with Schiano, I think he's capable of settling down and giving us a good year. That would enable us to use our first round pick on an OT, trade back for Ebron, etc... It opens up other doors for us by not requiring us to take a risk on Evans (who I agree with others is a gamble). If Watkins is there I would go for it even with Britt (he's an electric talent and Britt would probably be a one and done player and we would be able to get rid of some dead weight this year, i.e., TJ). Just my uninformed, opinion....

I agree sign him. It will be a one year deal. My other thought would be he will be gone after a year potentially, if not sooner.

So, sign Britt. Draft a WR still...Watkins (probably not there, Evans in the 1st or Moncrief in the 2nd. Then during the draft after we select a WR try to trade Stevie for a 6th or 7th rounder. If not, cut him.

Are top 4 WRs would be Britt, Evans or Moncrief, Woods and Goodwin.

Cutting Stevie would essentially save us nothing in cap this year, but, I think it saves us approx. $7 million next year and we would be replacing him with an upgrade IMO.

PS. Cut TJ Graham too.

Overall, much stronger 4 WRs. If one gets hurt we still have a strong 3. Keep Easley for STs and let the rest of our potential WRs fight for the 6th WR spot and PS.

Very well may be replacing both hogan and graham

Ditching da'rick and taking a shot on Britt would be a head scratcher though.

"They" was nix and chan, not Whaley and marrone

I don't see much similarity between those situations. Da'Rick was a UDFA. Britt was a 1st rd pick. Da'Rick showed very little in TC and had no NFL production when they cut him. Britt has actual NFL production. Britt's off the field issues are much more current and severe than Da'Rick's. No one knows everything that happened with Da'Rick in TC, so we don't know why he was cut other than he didn't play well. From what we heard, Da'rick had issues learning the playbook and with effort. If true, never heard that about Britt. But we also have a new WR coach, there could be differences there as well as far as what he feels he is able to work with. He just can't stay off the police blotter. Two different situations. One was on the field issues (once he got to the NFL), one is off the field.

I don't see anything wrong with bringing in some competition at WR. No, he's not perfect nor does he have a clean track record of injury but that is why he would come cheap and is still available at this stage of FA. He is the type of player the Pats* would bring in and take a flyer on and probably would get production out of. I also don't see why it would affect whether we take Evans if he is the BPA.

This tells me that the Bills don't really want to trade up for Watkins (I hope they at least try), that they're really not excited about Evans and that they will go defense, Ebron or Matthews at #9.

To me, this tells me they want to trade back and gather more picks in a very deep Draft, but want some insurance for production at the outside WR position...and to not force the Rookie WR to be "the" guy on the outside...

BTW, I would pass (pun intended) on Britt...no thank you...best wishes, just somewhere else...now, having said that, if he wears the BILLS uniform, of course I'd support him and hope his head has been surgically removed from his arse and he can play with passion while remaining a gentleman off the field...

I don't understand this argument. Outside of Stevie, Woods, and Goodwin no other WR should or has a secure job on this team. You carry 5-6. Smart teams when the opportunity presents plan for the future. Sign Britt, draft Evans, it gives you options on how to handle Stevie etc.

One was on the field issues (once he got to the NFL), one is off the field.

The off field issues definitely worry me. Lynch was let go for a developing pattern of problems off-field. If we sign Britt after we signed Spikes (dirty hitting player), it will signal that the guys at the controls are different. I am not in favor of acquiring players with off-field issues especially ones as repeated as for Britt