Report: Bills express interest in Kenny Britt

@alexmarvez: Agent Pat Dye Jr. says @buffalobills & @Panthers have expressed interest in WR Kenny Britt & visits may be taken with those teams (CONT)

@alexmarvez: Britt already visited with @STLouisRams @Patriots @Redskins. Dye said short-term deal likely; Most important thing is play-time opportunity

Edited by FluffHead

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm why? Britt's production over the years hasn't warranted any belief that signing him means we'd be set at WR. Especially since this would likely be a 1 year deal.

You might be right, but I'd doubt there'd be enough snaps to go around. Stevie, Goodwin and Woody are going to need to see the field the most, that leaves room for one or two more. TJ has one locked up, Britt slides into the other one (if, and it's a big if) he signs. He's got gobs of talent and has proven it on the field. His issues have been health and off the field.

You might be right, but I'd doubt there'd be enough snaps to go around. Stevie, Goodwin and Woody are going to need to see the field the most, that leaves room for one or two more. TJ has one locked up, Britt slides into the other one (if, and it's a big if) he signs. He's got gobs of talent and has proven it on the field. His issues have been health and off the field.

TJ absolutely does not have a roster spot locked up. Marrone values versatility and TJ does not provide that.

Britt could sign here but it in no way means he even makes the team. I wouldn't even put a second thought into splitting reps just yet.

TJ absolutely does not have a roster spot locked up. Marrone values versatility and TJ does not provide that.

Britt could sign here but it in no way means he even makes the team. I wouldn't even put a second thought into splitting reps just yet.

You might be right, I'm just speculating. And if TJ is shown the door, I'd be quite happy. I just don't think it's going to happen. They've invested too much into him to throw him away now.

No Watkins or Evans at 9 if this happens...

Very well may be replacing both hogan and graham

Ditching da'rick and taking a shot on Britt would be a head scratcher though.

You might be right, I'm just speculating. And if TJ is shown the door, I'd be quite happy. I just don't think it's going to happen. They've invested too much into him to throw him away now.

"They" was nix and chan, not Whaley and marrone

This guy has so much potential, skill and yes baggage. I'd be ok with a 1 year deal. Little concerned about the injuries, but he is a phenomenal athlete. TO like ability. He and Goodwin on the outside.

He's da'rick plus a dozen arrests and a torn ACL

Investing a third round pick while significant, isn't a big enough investment if you're proving not to be good enough to play.

If they sign Britt I don't necessarily think that rules out WR come draft time, but I think it makes a stronger case for someone like Ebron. You put a guy like that in at TE that will demand attention and that seems to be when guys like Stevie, Woods, or Britt are at their best.

No Watkins or Evans at 9 if this happens...

Why?

You do know about Britt right? His rookie season is the last time he played 16 games...2011-2013 in 29 games Britt had a combined 974 yds and 7 TD's...

I don't think signing Kenny Britt changes a thing...I'm not sure he even makes the final 53... B-)

Yes, but what about Kenny Britt?!?

Touché

Even with his history of moronic behavior, I only see upside on a one year incentive laden deal.

Doesn't have the athleticism anymore? Cut. Gets hurt? Oh well. Law trouble? Cut. I fail to see the downside. Exactly the kind of gamble the Bills should make more of IMHO...

It won't happen, but fun to think about.

Edited by SmokinES3