Report: Bills express interest in Kenny Britt

I don't understand the incessant need of people on this board to get rid of players. Getting rid of TJ doesn't do anything for the Bills at this time.

yup. I lol'd when I saw a poster seriously type that we should trade Stevie Johnson for a 6th or 7th round draft pick. You've got to be kodding me. The intelligence of people sometimes makes me feel like some people should just not pro-create.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup. I lol'd when I saw a poster seriously type that we should trade Stevie Johnson for a 6th or 7th round draft pick. You've got to be kodding me. The intelligence of people sometimes makes me feel like some people should just not pro-create.

Just cuz you think youre right, doesn't it make it so. Too bad your parents pro-created!

is your issue with the suggestion of trading him in general or that the expectation of trading him and only getting a 6th or 7th round pick back? I personally dont think Stevie even has any trade value

Edited by Max997

Agent says he will decide this weekend.

I think he signs with the Panthers since he said that playing time is the most important factor

CBF

If Carolina gives Britt a contract offer and he doesn't sign that on the spot. He is even stewpider then his police record would indicate.

You immediately become the primary target for Cam Newton. Duh Duh.

And then if the defending Super Bowl champs that are still young and hungry with no talent at WR give you a contract offer and you don't sign it on the spot. You have to be insane.

Then if you turn down signing both those contracts and get on a plane to go to Buffalo you're brain dead.

I find it hard to believe he has offers on the table but I guess we'll see.

is your issue with the suggestion of trading him in general or that the expectation of trading him and only getting a 6th or 7th round pick back? I personally dont think Stevie even has any trade value

People get upset when I point this out, but:

Let's remember that Percy Harvin netted a 1st, 4th, and 7th last year, and then was signed to a deal worth $10M+/year (Stevie averages out around $7M/year).

I know, Stevie isn't Percy Harvin, they're different players, but indulge me for just a second and look at their respective career production since becoming starters:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/12569/percy-harvin

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/11458/steve-johnson

Shockingly similar.

I know Stevie's a year older, but come on...to say the guy has no trade value, when a guy with very similar production that got a contract worth nearly 50% more than he's making now netted 1/4/7 picks, is kind of crazy IMO.

if we could get a 1st I'd do it. A 2nd through 4th I'd think about it. Anything after that, the proposing tael making the offer can eat chit.

I think the notion of trading Stevie Johnson is downright silly, period. But, even if Britt comes here (logic says he will go to Carolina, IMO), I still want the Bills to get (draft at 9, preferably) the biggest, baddest mofo WR available.

People get upset when I point this out, but:

Let's remember that Percy Harvin netted a 1st, 4th, and 7th last year, and then was signed to a deal worth $10M+/year (Stevie averages out around $7M/year).

I know, Stevie isn't Percy Harvin, they're different players, but indulge me for just a second and look at their respective career production since becoming starters:

http://espn.go.com/n...69/percy-harvin

http://espn.go.com/n...8/steve-johnson

Shockingly similar.

I know Stevie's a year older, but come on...to say the guy has no trade value, when a guy with very similar production that got a contract worth nearly 50% more than he's making now netted 1/4/7 picks, is kind of crazy IMO.

I think he has a limited trade market due to his contract and that he is more likely a #2 on a strong team and not a clear #1. The price Seattle paid for Harvin both in trade and the contract is crazy, IMHO -- no way is he worth that --- as for Stevie, I think he'd yield a 2nd round back -- but I wouldn't trade him -- the Bills have tons of cap space -- wait until the cap is an issue -- in meantime -- keep anyone we can --- we need talent on this team -- in addition, the WR draft is so deep, a lot of teams will look to add via draft on the cheap

Edited by TXBILLSFAN