This is how long it has been since the Bills were in the playoffs:

Mickey

So, just how long has it been since the Bills were in the Playoffs? On January 8, 2000, the last time the Bills were in the Playoffs:

1. The average price for a gallon of glass was $1.26.

2. Bill Clinton was President of the United States.

3. "Seinfled" had been off the air for over a year.

4. "Hunger Games" star Jennifer Lawrence was 9 years old.

5. I had a full head of hair.

6. The top grossing movie was "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and it would have cost you $5.00 to see it.

7. AOL had 23 million subscribers, it now has 2.5 million.

8. 64 MB of RAM cost $100 (8 Gig's now cost $50-70, 128 times cheaper than in 2000).

9. Blockbuster turned down an opportunity to buy a new company called "Netflix" for $50 million.

10. Napster was still a thing.

11. Cell phones all had black and white screens that were 2"x 2".

12. As a harbinger of many TV horrors to come, "Survivor" debuted to massive ratings.

13. The evil that was Pokemon raged across the American landscape consuming all in it's path.

14. We were still referring to online fun as being on "the Web".

15. We were all looking forward to a long and successful career for Rob Johnson as our franchise QB.

Feel free to add.

My 13yr old son, turning 14 in 6 weeks, has not seen a Bills playoff game in his lifetime. That's the most troubling statistic to me. I've never been able to enjoy a single Bills playoff game sitting side-by-side with my teenage son and he's never experienced the feeling of waking up on a playoff gameday.

My 13yr old son, turning 14 in 6 weeks, has not seen a Bills playoff game in his lifetime. That's the most troubling statistic to me. I've never been able to enjoy a single Bills playoff game sitting side-by-side with my teenage son and he's never experienced the feeling of waking up on a playoff gameday.

My kids simply expect the Bills to suck every year because that's all they have ever known. That's not all bad as they are never disappointed at the end of a season.

However they are old enough to remember the Sabres not sucking so they do expect more from the Sabres than they do the Bills.

Edited by CodeMonkey

My son has never seen a Bill playoff game either. Hell, he turn 10 in April & he has only seen the Bills with a winning record once in his life & that was when he was a year old for christ's sakes. It is almost unfathomable that the playoff drought has gone on this long. What is even more disturbing is some of the clowns that have made the decisions that have contributed greatly to this drought are still here. I got a really good feeling though this drought is going to end this upcoming season. If they do make the playoffs this year, the week of the playoff game I am going to go on a massive 5 day bender, starting Wednesday morning & I am not going to stop drinking until Sunday night. It may cost me my marriage, my job, but god dammit it will be all worth it to watch some Bills playoff football.

Edited by Gordio

So, just how long has it been since the Bills were in the Playoffs? On January 8, 2000, the last time the Bills were in the Playoffs:

1. The average price for a gallon of glass was $1.26. Glass??? Who wants a gallon of glass.

5. I had a full head of hair. I still do. ha ha

7. AOL had 23 million subscribers, it now has 2.5 million. I was one of them.

8. 64 MB of RAM cost $100 (8 Gig's now cost $50-70, 128 times cheaper than in 2000). This is true. Sd cards were expensive.

10. Napster was still a thing. Heck yeah. It would take like 10 minutes to get a song, but they were free!!!!

13. The evil that was Pokemon raged across the American landscape consuming all in it's path. Oh yeah I remember that. They're not evil anymore?

14. We were still referring to online fun as being on "the Web". This one is confusing. It's still used sometimes.

15. We were all looking forward to a long and successful career for Rob Johnson as our franchise QB. I was not. What was wrong with Flutie.

1/2 the posters here were still virgins.

I was bangin it already for 2 years. I was 20 yrs old that day. (34 now for the math challenged)

I had a mullet.

All 4 of my children were living at home; Now 3 are married and I have 6.5 grandchildren.

Everywhere you went people wore Bills gear.

My kids simply expect the Bills to suck every year because that's all they have ever known. That's not all bad as they are never disappointed at the end of a season.

However they are old enough to remember the Sabres not sucking so they do expect more from the Sabres than they do the Bills.

My daughter (Babyrock) thought the Super Bowl was Someone vs Buffalo.

My son has never seen a Bill playoff game either. Hell, he turn 10 in April & he has only seen the Bills with a winning record once in his life & that was when he was a year old for christ's sakes. It is almost unfathomable that the playoff drought has gone on this long. What is even more disturbing is some of the clowns that have made the decisions that have contributed greatly to this drought are still here. I got a really good feeling though this drought is going to end this upcoming season. If they do make the playoffs this year, the week of the playoff game I am going to go on a massive 5 day bender, starting Wednesday morning & I am not going to stop drinking until Sunday night. It may cost me my marriage, my job, but god dammit it will be all worth it to watch some Bills playoff football.

Everybody usually thinks that. I'm not going to get suckered into it this year.

I was a season ticket holder, and married with three daughters (14, 12 and 11). I'm now a divorced grandfather (and I get laid waaay more often) - and I DVR games if it's a beautiful day to be outside. B-)

My favorite part of your post. More sex= more happyness. Less sex =divorce. That's what I was learning in psychology around that time. Oh and a bunch of sigmund fried bull.

I had a mullet. Why?

All 4 of my children were living at home; Now 3 are married and I have 6.5 grandchildren. Nice!

Everywhere you went people wore Bills gear. Not in La. Most people in La were like, "Not this team again...."

My daughter (Babyrock) thought the Super Bowl was Someone vs Buffalo. This is super!!!

My daughter (Babyrock) thought the Super Bowl was Someone vs Buffalo.

Along those same lines ... Once when my daughter was very young she came in and sat next to me while I was watching the super bowl. She asked which team was the Bills. I told her neither because the Bills weren't in the super bowl that year. She stared at me for a good 30 seconds with a puzzled look on her face and said "If the Bills aren't playing then why do they bother putting it on TV?".

I gave her the proud papa hug ;)

1. The average price for a gallon of glass was $1.26.

2. Bill Clinton was President of the United States.

3. "Seinfled" had been off the air for over a year.

4. "Hunger Games" star Jennifer Lawrence was 9 years old.

5. I had a full head of hair.

6. The top grossing movie was "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and it would have cost you $5.00 to see it.

7. AOL had 23 million subscribers, it now has 2.5 million.

8. 64 MB of RAM cost $100 (8 Gig's now cost $50-70, 128 times cheaper than in 2000).

9. Blockbuster turned down an opportunity to buy a new company called "Netflix" for $50 million.

10. Napster was still a thing.

11. Cell phones all had black and white screens that were 2"x 2".

12. As a harbinger of many TV horrors to come, "Survivor" debuted to massive ratings.

13. The evil that was Pokemon raged across the American landscape consuming all in it's path.

14. We were still referring to online fun as being on "the Web".

15. We were all looking forward to a long and successful career for Rob Johnson as our franchise QB.

Feel free to add.

For what it's worth, Rob Johnson will be 41 next month and he's been out of the league 11 years. Johnson last played a game for the Bills in November 2001. Egads that's a long time ago..

I'm going to guess the last Bills playoff game was NOT shown in HD...

To me, the technology change since is the one that always astonishes me.

The Bills at Jets in 1998 was the first HD NFL telecast if I remember correctly. It was broadcast locally in NYC area over antenna, which was the only way to receive it.

Giants/Ravens was the first SB shot in HD a couple years later.

So yeah, the Bills have completely missed playing any meaningful football in HD which is pretty much unbelievable at this point.

HD is old news. You can shoot HD footage with a phone now. :lol:

Even the infamous meltdown against the Steelers when Mularkey had them at the doorstep....the closest thing to a big game in 14 years...... wasn't even broadcast in HD.

The coverage of the NFL since the Bills last were good has EXPLODED. Fantasy football has made NFL fans so much more in tune with the league as a whole.....just a lot of major changes in how the league is consumed.

Some people might remember the Empire Sports Network was around in the late 1990's. Well they basically existed to cover the Bills and Sabres. That's it.

I will never forget turning on Empire after Flutie fumbled the ball at the goal line to lose the wildcard game to the Dolphins in 1999......to find that they had no postgame coverage.

Somebody from the production crew had scheduled their wedding for that day so Koshinski gave everybody the day off. :lol:

Now you get 24 hour coverage and analysis of playoff games on national television. Once your team becomes a playoff regular your players become household names to sports fans. Times have changed A LOT.