Jairus Byrd [was Jarius Byrd]

Thats what I am thinking but if he isn't producing at a very high level he never sees that $11m.

and then hes a free agent, and he likely can still garner 5m per year even if hes only playing good, if hes coming off a very good year maybe he sees a 3 year 25m type of deal as his last big pay day if hes cut at 30.

this is about either 1 MONSTER deal, or finding a way to get paid twice. playing 30-32 at a team discount is probably parkers worst case scenario. if the speculation of the last two years being 10m total are true, hes getting neither of the scenarios i mentioned.

purely speculation but makes sense to me, and we have heard vague rumblings similar a couple times along the way.

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and then hes a free agent, and he likely can still garner 5m per year even if hes only playing good, if hes coming off a very good year maybe he sees a 3 year 25m type of deal as his last big pay day if hes cut at 30.

this is about either 1 MONSTER deal, or finding a way to get paid twice. playing 30-32 at a team discount is probably parkers worst case scenario. if the speculation of the last two years being 10m total are true, hes getting neither of the scenarios i mentioned.

purely speculation but makes sense to me, and we have heard vague rumblings similar a couple times along the way.

Makes sense but is a little risky. He would have to get at least $10M on the market in those 2 years to be worth it. Delmas just got $3.5M I think.

We actually have $16 million in cap space to spend....

I don't think I want to blow that much on Byrd....

Retweeted by Alex Marvez

irnepLOD_bigger.jpegNFL@nfl 13m

6.5 hours to #NFLFreeAgency! A look at current salary cap space for every NFL team (via @nflnetwork research). pic.twitter.com/sZc1fNfWIr

Looking around the internet it appears that nobody knows. There are differing numbers everywhere.

This says 22 million

This says 25 million

This says 24 million

We will get money when we cut Kolb. Unfortunately I do not think he has been cleared medically and likely no one at OBD has heard from him. As reported in january, no one had heard a thing from him or his camp.

This also makes the carryover of the Fitz more ridiculous. I want to know why the bean counters did this and the football men were ignored

Back to Byrd. I call him today and just throw this on the fire: 3 years. $8 5mm for 4 years garaunteed with incentives up to $11mm in the first two years. Years 5 and 6 are $8.5mm not garaunteed. Tell him it'll be on the desk and able to be signed any time. Then blow him a kiss and hang up.

Alright brain trust

How many hours in to free agency (4pm est) will it take for Byrd to sign somewhere? And I'm saying ESPN text verification. Thatsbas official as it gets because they don't text BS.

I say Thursday 6pm est

Tuesday 8pm EST.

Makes sense but is a little risky. He would have to get at least $10M on the market in those 2 years to be worth it. Delmas just got $3.5M I think.

yup - and given that delmas is pretty banged up and not as productive as byrd has been, you have to think byrds floor in this situation is no lower than that without something devastating happening.

its still a risk, but i dont think it would be a huge one vs 5m.... that said even the framework was total speculation so who really knows - just kind of outlining conceptually what i think parker is driving towards, with year 3 creating a situation where byrd will be 30 going into the 4th season. its the natural crossroads in his career/this contract.

Chris Brown@ChrisBrownBills 18m

Bills cap room less than previously reported http://wp.me/plmrg-9Nc

WTF? How can they be that far off?

He is quoting an NFL Network report nothing official. I think it may be more accurate than most sites but why can't the league just have a site with everyone's cap space? It would remove the speculation, everyone else could link to it, and there would be some consistency to the numbers. I wonder how they have calculated these numbers and how the other sites are all so far off.

Edited by section122

Chris Brown@ChrisBrownBills 18m

Bills cap room less than previously reported http://wp.me/plmrg-9Nc

If they indeed rolled over their 2012 and 2013 leftover cap room.....as reported by the Buffalo News......they would have A LOT more cap room than that. Everybody got a $10M bump just over a week ago when the cap was set much higher than expected.

Hi guys, I've read the boards for a long time finally decided to sign up.ESPN's Mike Rodak (who i can't stand) is reporting this morning Bills have 23.1 million in cap space.

Welcome to the Board

Nice screen name

Thanks for providing that tidbit

Hi guys, I've read the boards for a long time finally decided to sign up.ESPN's Mike Rodak (who i can't stand) is reporting this morning Bills have 23.1 million in cap space.

welcome to the boards, be nice....

Alright brain trust

How many hours in to free agency (4pm est) will it take for Byrd to sign somewhere? And I'm saying ESPN text verification. Thatsbas official as it gets because they don't text BS.

I say Thursday 6pm est

1 dollar... ****, wrong game.

Edited by The Wiz

If Byrd actually re-signs with the Bills, I wouldn't be surprised if this thread hits 200.

If Byrd signs with another team, it'll probably go to 120 and then people won't give a damn anymore.

I think you have that backwards. If he signs elsewhere, he instantly becomes the greatest defensive player to ever play the game.