Jairus Byrd [was Jarius Byrd]

Why wouldn't a guy want a front loaded deal? If he plays well he holds out later on. If he plays poorly he is never going to see the money late in the deal anyways?

One too many blows to the head. Yeah take the up-front money

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 29s

Would be really surprised if #Redskins were in on Jairus Byrd, from what I’m hearing. We’ll see his market. Return to Bills still possible

and then Buscaglia says

@Joe Buscaglia ‏@JoeBuscaglia 37s

And then there's this. #ByrdWatch RT @NBCdianna Sources say it will be between the Eagles or The Redskins for Jairus Byrd

Byrd has started a new facebook page. Hmnn.

He's also been tweeting more the last week than he did in the year or so that I followed him combined. Not sure if this is some sort of strategy?

He's also been tweeting more the last week than he did in the year or so that I followed him combined. Not sure if this is some sort of strategy?

If I remember correctly he did that last year when we tried to reach a deal with him and I thought it was interesting. Its some sort of game he plays to make him seem more personable or something but yea its very noticeable how much more he tweets since negotiations ended

If I remember correctly he did that last year when we tried to reach a deal with him and I thought it was interesting. Its some sort of game he plays to make him seem more personable or something but yea its very noticeable how much more he tweets since negotiations ended

And he broke twitter with everyone following his tweets.

Anyone talking about how saturated the safety market is, and that two lesser safeties (Whitner and Ward) are getting some attention right away? Front office folks seem to think that the value of those safeties is going to be better off than blowing up the bank for a better safety in Byrd.

...just the ramblings of a guy who still wants Byrd on his team.

If they indeed rolled over their 2012 and 2013 leftover cap room.....as reported by the Buffalo News......they would have A LOT more cap room than that. Everybody got a $10M bump just over a week ago when the cap was set much higher than expected.

Aaron Williams new 6.5$ mill contract accounts for the 23 million down the 16.5 million....

Aaron Williams new 6.5$ mill contract accounts for the 23 million down the 16.5 million....

Did I mis-read, or does that contract not kick in until 15-16? I may be wrong, but clarification is appreciated.

Did I mis-read, or does that contract not kick in until 15-16? I may be wrong, but clarification is appreciated.

I might have missed that part....I didn't mean to sound like that was the reason....was just an off the cuff thought....

Retweeted by Joe Buscaglia

3c52c82991ca9ea566064e29bb824e4b_bigger.jpegJeff McLane@Jeff_McLane 1m

Got this from an NFL executive not in the Jairus Byrd sweepstakes: "Good player, but not clean health. I would not give him a ton of money."

Jeff McLane@Jeff_McLane 1m

Don't rule out Jairus Byrd returning to the Bills if he can't get big money on the market. They'll pay him a fair amount.

Edited by Reed83HOF

I believe that his salary from his rookie contract stays in tact, and the new four year salaries start next year, so we have him for five years. But the contract was signed, and he gets a large portion of the overall contract in bonuses. His signing bonus was $6.5 million, so he gets that now in cash, and there will be another bonus due in a year or two. Overall, however, his cap number goes up prorated for the 5 years, and his cash to cap number goes up 6.5m for what he got last week.

Retweeted by Joe Buscaglia

3c52c82991ca9ea566064e29bb824e4b_bigger.jpegJeff McLane@Jeff_McLane 1m

Got this from an NFL executive not in the Jairus Byrd sweepstakes: "Good player, but not clean health. I would not give him a ton of money."

Jeff McLane@Jeff_McLane 1m

Don't rule out Jairus Byrd returning to the Bills if he can't get big money on the market. They'll pay him a fair amount.

Not surprising to me. This is why I was saying he couldn't pull the PF crap again if he got tagged this year. Nobody would give money to a player who had to miss time in 2 straight years phantom injury or not. It looks like this year hurt him more than I thought though. The less I hear about Byrd as FA is beginning the more of a possibility his return becomes.

I believe that his salary from his rookie contract stays in tact, and the new four year salaries start next year, so we have him for five years. But the contract was signed, and he gets a large portion of the overall contract in bonuses. His signing bonus was $6.5 million, so he gets that now in cash, and there will be another bonus due in a year or two. Overall, however, his cap number goes up prorated for the 5 years, and his cash to cap number goes up 6.5m for what he got last week.

From what I found his cap # for next year is about 4.5 million. Sport trac had it and I'm feeling to lazy to link it :bag:

4.2 million cap hit next year

Edited by section122