Jairus Byrd [was Jarius Byrd]

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would first want Byrd back in Bflo but if he leaves I would love for him to go to the Saints. NFC team who we just faced last year, not sure how the scheduling works but I would think we wouldn't face that division again for at least another couple years. It makes it hurt less if we never have to face him!

Maybe Byrd realizes he can't cover elite TEs so he want to take one out of the equation. Graham torched us for 2 TDs last year on about 10 snaps.

Gronk averages 2 TDs against the Bills.

Your still 10 million down

I for one do not want Byrd back but I hate games and if the saints want to cut there whole team for a safety and not able to draft and loose in court the tag on graham as a Te or Wr more power to you. That is my point I would tell Byrd GOOD BYE

Current space- 2m. Cut Sproles, 5.5m. Cut pierre, 8.5m. That's cutting 2 backs on the wrong side of 30, and keeping Ingram and Robinson - a good pair for a power running game (and getting back to a roster that runs and plays defense like their Super Bowl season). Note Sproles for his great reputation also only had 2 tds last year and one of those was a corner totally misplaying the ball and Sproles walking in after the catch.

Restructure keenen Lewis and your a shade over 10m depending on the format.

Restructures of either guard would provide between 4-5m each. I said grubbs as he's younger and I don't think Evans sees the end of his deal. If doing just grubbs that puts you a shade under 15m.

Cut bunkley who is 31 and missed about a month last season without a noticeable drop off and designate him June 1, and your right about 19m....

Which again, I'll argue is more than you need and only cost you 3 rotational players that will be over 30 next year, in exchange for an all pro every down player.

If they go heavy on the signing bonus for Byrd/graham you can cut some of those moves, or even add in some more activity in free agency.

I would first want Byrd back in Bflo but if he leaves I would love for him to go to the Saints. NFC team who we just faced last year, not sure how the scheduling works but I would think we wouldn't face that division again for at least another couple years. It makes it hurt less if we never have to face him!

It's a 4 year rotation of NFC divisions. By the time we play the saints, he might not be there.

Current space- 2m. Cut Sproles, 5.5m. Cut pierre, 8.5m. That's cutting 2 backs on the wrong side of 30, and keeping Ingram and Robinson - a good pair for a power running game (and getting back to a roster that runs and plays defense like their Super Bowl season). Note Sproles for his great reputation also only had 2 tds last year and one of those was a corner totally misplaying the ball and Sproles walking in after the catch.

Restructure keenen Lewis and your a shade over 10m depending on the format.

Restructures of either guard would provide between 4-5m each. I said grubbs as he's younger and I don't think Evans sees the end of his deal. If doing just grubbs that puts you a shade under 15m.

Cut bunkley who is 31 and missed about a month last season without a noticeable drop off and designate him June 1, and your right about 19m....

Which again, I'll argue is more than you need and only cost you 3 rotational players that will be over 30 next year, in exchange for an all pro every down player.

If they go heavy on the signing bonus for Byrd/graham you can cut some of those moves, or even add in some more activity in free agency.

It's a 4 year rotation of NFC divisions. By the time we play the saints, he might not be there.

Great plan. I respect that, I do. Thanks for demonstrating that it can be done. But isn't that over simplifying the process (dead money, players willing to restructure, etc.)?

Great plan. I respect that, I do. Thanks for demonstrating that it can be done. But isn't that over simplifying the process (dead money, players willing to restructure, etc.)?

Those numbers are cap savings not just salary saved this year so they are real numbers for the purpose of this discussion. The restructures are simply turning salary into bonus so they benefit the player without costing them money.

Next year you'd get bunkleys dead money which wouldn't be ideal, but as I've said, likely colston who is turning 31 this offseason will be cut with graham being your big body receiver, and stills and a draft pick this year likely replacing him (I really think Brandin cooks will be a saint with their first rounder and help in that Sproles role as he's described as a more sturdy tavon austin). Last up, it's the first year looking at brees deal would make sense.

Couple that with another bump in the cap and the saints possibly leading the league in dead money this year that will be coming off the books and next year they should have wiggle room to eat some dollars that they pay out in signing bonuses (both for restructures and free agents like Byrd or graham) or like I said designating bunkley a June 1 cut.

Polian has them graded out equally behind Bethea. http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/freeagency/?year=2014&position=36&type=-1

Weird how a guy he drafted is grade a full letter grade above second on the list, and is only the 2nd richest contract today, with Byrd likely to also surpass it.

Anyone that didnt draft bethea put him head and shoulders above the rest? If so, I haven't seen it. Byrd has been the top on nearly every list.

Those numbers are cap savings not just salary saved this year so they are real numbers for the purpose of this discussion. The restructures are simply turning salary into bonus so they benefit the player without costing them money.

Next year you'd get bunkleys dead money which wouldn't be ideal, but as I've said, likely colston who is turning 31 this offseason will be cut with graham being your big body receiver, and stills and a draft pick this year likely replacing him (I really think Brandin cooks will be a saint with their first rounder and help in that Sproles role as he's described as a more sturdy tavon austin). Last up, it's the first year looking at brees deal would make sense.

Couple that with another bump in the cap and the saints possibly leading the league in dead money this year that will be coming off the books and next year they should have wiggle room to eat some dollars that they pay out in signing bonuses (both for restructures and free agents like Byrd or graham) or like I said designating bunkley a June 1 cut.

Weird how a guy he drafted is grade a full letter grade above second on the list, and is only the 2nd richest contract today, with Byrd likely to also surpass it.

Anyone that didnt draft bethea put him head and shoulders above the rest? If so, I haven't seen it. Byrd has been the top on nearly every list.

Polian isn't always right.

Yes, I live in fear of the day the Bills have to face Byrd again! What will they do?

I don't live in fear of it. But, he was one of my favorite players. I really will not want to watch him play for another team and in another team's uni. If we don't have to play him, I won't need to watch that.

That is, of course, unless we play the Saints in the SB. In that case, it's all good. ;-)

I noticed BP also had Donald Brown as the top-rated FA RB. ;-)

But, but.....people we're saying the saints only had 42 dollars in cap left. Byrd must be playing for free.

Honestly I don't know what the Saints are thinking. They released a lot of players and those players have to be replaced, they also have a rookie class they have to worry about.

I don't live in fear of it. But, he was one of my favorite players. I really will not want to watch him play for another team and in another team's uni. If we don't have to play him, I won't need to watch that.

That is, of course, unless we play the Saints in the SB. In that case, it's all good. ;-)

I noticed BP also had Donald Brown as the top-rated FA RB. ;-)

Ha! I didn't even see that. I noticed he was also responsible for the #1 punter when I looked to see if you were joking or serious.