Jairus Byrd [was Jarius Byrd]

Does that take into account the roughly $5 million they'll need to sign rookies?

Nope. Nor do I think that's a major concern to work out. Apparently neither does the saints GM, who's pulled out decently big signings in worse situations than this.

Our fans worry about the rookie pool more than any I've ever kept tabs on.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I were the Bills I would give Parker hard deadline otherwise we are pulling offer and moving on. Waiting on Byrd while he does his tour keeps us from getting in on other FAs.

and I'd still believe, at least now, we are the best offer on the table.

Let him lose money - let the Bills leak the real offer. Its going to be ugly.

I would tell Parker if Byrd gets on the plane to NO offer is done and good luck

Or Whaley could act like an adult and give Byrd a chance to visit. I agree with setting a deadline but I think it should be tomorrow at 4pm EST. Give him 24 hours to test the market and if he comes back great, if not oh well.

I would tell Parker if Byrd gets on the plane to NO offer is done and good luck

Reasonable- "we think not tagging him will make it more amicable to negotiate going forward, but god help him if he wants to visit someone else"

Visiting the Saints is a Joke they have no money he would have to accept the league minimum to sign there.

I promise you that's not true, but not my fault if you don't want to read the last few pages (or my posts in the Sproles thread) to see why.

The saints would have to clear 20 million dollars to sign him they will need a minimum of 7.5 to draft 8 for byrd and what ever it takes to get Grahm happy

Graham's tag is already in the cap number, I outlined a simply way to get them over 10m in space and loomis likes big signing bonuses creating small first year cap hits.

Heck, Lewis and Grubbs restructures, actually cutting pt and Sproles, and making bunkley a June 1 cut gets to that 20m range, which they really don't need to get to.

Edited by NoSaint

Your still 10 million down

I for one do not want Byrd back but I hate games and if the saints want to cut there whole team for a safety and not able to draft and loose in court the tag on graham as a Te or Wr more power to you. That is my point I would tell Byrd GOOD BYE

Pitt made a nice underrated signing with Mike Mitchell 5 yrs 25 million someone I hoped the Bills would have gone after.

They could not have gone after Mitchell today at 5 mill/yr after signing AW and with the offer out to Byrd. Maybe if Mitchell was around later in the week, sure.

Or Whaley could act like an adult and give Byrd a chance to visit. I agree with setting a deadline but I think it should be tomorrow at 4pm EST. Give him 24 hours to test the market and if he comes back great, if not oh well.

Hahaha. Exactly. Well said.

Also, I'm sure the saints have an idea of what they would need to spend to sign Byrd. They are not going to waste valuable time and resources if not. These guys are professionals, jeez. It's not like they are going to offer Byrd a 4m per year contract and be shocked when he laughs in their face

What about Graham contesting his franchise designation as a TE and not a WR?

The way they explained this on the NFL Network is...The Saints only submit the player as their Franchise Designation...It's the league office that decides the position based on where they lined up...In other words the Saints have zero control over it... B-)

Maybe they talk Byrd into taking a less than top dollar deal for a one year Super Bowl run and then he hits the UFA market again after next season. Other than that scenario, NO makes no sense to me.

interesting POV my friend