Jairus Byrd [was Jarius Byrd]

ESPN also said that his asking price is too much from what they've heard (Polian, Schefter and, um, that other guy ;). They said "He wants $8MM - $9MM, that's Troy Polamalu money and he ain't Troy Polamalu".

Guess we'll know more in 24 hours or so...

This is why I think that Byrd will give other teams a little more slack than the Bills and will gladly take slightly less money than what he is demanding.

I think Byrd is in for a bit of a rude awakening when he sees the amount of teams that will balk at his asking price.

Still, it just takes one team to give him an outrageous contract, and there probably is a team out there willing to do it.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems the teams that have a strong tie/interest in Byrd do not have friendly cap space or the team is not an immediate contender (Redskins, Eagles, Browns). Maybe the "amicable" relationship with Whaley will pay off.

You don't think the Eagles are an immediate contender?

Granted they may not be the favorite to go to the Super Bowl, but they are a playoff team, and without a doubt are the strongest team in the NFC East.

What is the deal. I thought teams couldn't finalize until tomorrow?

delmas was cut.

To me, this shows (confirms) that Eugene Parker is full of BS and was the one leaking that the Dolphins had a significant interest in JB.

or the fins were in order to put pressure on delmas.

Kind of a meaningless rule then.

I think it was all for cosmetics...They were getting obvious grief from some teams when UFA's were signed at 12:01 PM in the past...Knowing there was no way those teams were not talking to agents, and therefor basically tampering, they had to do something...So they set up this window for what used to be the illegal tampering time... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

I think that it's order for us to tip our hats to Whaley & Co. They have offered a very fair deal to Parker & Byrd. They are finding out that they weren't insulted by Buffalo's offer at all. Now, if Byrd just doesn't want to play in Buffalo then we lose out and if Parker just wants to save face and accept a comparable offer or even one for a little less money then I say good riddance. The bottom line though is the rest of the locker room will come to realize that the Bills really did try and keep our own.

I think it was all for cosmetics...They were getting obvious grief from some teams when UFA's were signed at 12:01 PM in the past...Knowing there was no way those teams were not talking to agents, and therefor basically tampering, they had to do something...So they set up this window for what used to be the illegal tampering time... B-)

Now it's just legal tampering/drive up my agents price time

Are we at 100 pages yet?

Nope? maybe if I post again, we'll get there?

How about now?

With the Bills extending Aaron Williams and the money in safeties, I wonder if the Bills would decrease or take their offer off the table to JB.

Ugh.............missed 100

Edited by MarkyMannn

How about now?

With the Bills extending Aaron Williams and the money in safeties, I wonder if the Bills would decrease or take their offer off the table to JB.

Ugh.............missed 100

I think that probably already happened when they signed Williams. Safety isn't DE or CB or WR.....matchup positions.......where you can pay $16M per year for that position group.