Mike Pettine speculation-interviewing w Cleveland

mannc

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. 5Hk-70Jo_normal.jpegJason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora 1m
    Should Mike Pettine get the Browns HC job, I'm told Alex Van Pelt (Pack RB coach) high on his list as Offensive Coordinator candidates

Interesting - what's the past Pettine-Van Pelt connection? Or is it just that he knows AVP is in line for the Bills QB coach job and is willing to raise the stakes?

Edited by BillnutinHouston

Looks like the Browns are willing to wait for Quinn. The only risk is that Pete Carrol would retire if the Seahawks win the SuperBowl and Quinn would be the HC. That seems unlikley. Quinn probably would have withdrawn his name by now. I suspect after Case withdrew Quinn was they guy they wanted.

I think the Bills dodged a bullet for a year. Next year the Jets will suck again and Rex will get canned. Pettine will get the Raiders or Cowboys job and we can bring in Rex to run the defense.

Can't believe nobody posted this yet...

sonofbum

Yes I would go back to where I have been before.I enjoyed and was treated well at all my stops. I just want to help a team win this year.

1/22/14, 9:02 AM

danielthomsen

@sonofbum I loved watching your teams play in Buffalo. You were a stellar coach for us and I'd love to see you back if Pettine departs.

1/22/14, 10:43 AM

I thought originally that Wade's tweet was in response to the other guy's, but it seems not based on time. I'm not sure why Wade was tweeting that in particular.

Edited by Rubes

At this point, Pettine would probably get a better job next year. His name is now out there as a legit head coaching candidate so he'll demand plenty of interviews next year. His best move might be to pull name out of process when it looks like job was his for the taking, instead of potentially being passed over.

If the defense improves next season then he'll likely be gone. No question.

I'll say it again, in a different way --- would we all be so concerned and worried if Doug Marrone was given permission to talk to the Browns ? . . . . ask yourself that question . . . . promote Pettine to HC and fire Marrone !

Sounds like something the Browns would do. Or maybe Crazy Al if he were still around.

sonofbum

Yes I would go back to where I have been before.I enjoyed and was treated well at all my stops. I just want to help a team win this year.

danielthomsen

@sonofbum I loved watching your teams play in Buffalo. You were a stellar coach for us and I'd love to see you back if Pettine departs.

I thought originally that Wade's tweet was in response to the other guy's, but it seems not based on time. I'm not sure why Wade was tweeting that in particular.

Son of bum for DC! reverse the curse!

My guess is that one of three things will happen with this:

1) They hire Pettine by the EOD

2) They hire the Atlanta guy by the EOD

3) They tell Pettine, by the end of the day, that they need more time to do more due diligence and Pettine withdraws.

I agree with this.

Rev your F5 engines, boys-- we have another 4 hours to go!!

Hire Flutie for the QB Coach Position and we would be well on our way!

That sounds like a great idea. I can almost visualize a late-night coaching session:

DF: You're doing it wrong. Honestly, I could do it better if Marrone would just give me a chance.

Empty Room: _____________________

sonofbum

danielthomsen

Think of the marketing potential for next season! I'd be all for it myself.