Mike Pettine speculation-interviewing w Cleveland

mannc

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AVP vs. Hackett ? --- I'd call it a push --- might even give edge to AVP, he sure made Matt Flynn viable for a few starts and knows the Packer offense

As Green Bay's running backs coach, I'm not sure how much The Pill had to do with Flynn's "viability", but AVP knows how to coordinate an offense nonetheless.

GO BILLS!!!

AVP vs. Hackett ? --- I'd call it a push --- might even give edge to AVP, he sure made Matt Flynn viable for a few starts and knows the Packer offense

Yea it was surprising when they put Flynn in to replace lacy at RB, but that's avp for you.

(FYI he's a RB coach currently)

As Green Bay's running backs coach, I'm not sure how much The Pill had to do with Flynn's "viability", but AVP knows how to coordinate an offense nonetheless.

GO BILLS!!!

He was an OC for 4 months with the Bills. Under Jauron. Edited by YoloinOhio

If Pettine had half a brain he would walk away right now. If they aren't sure they want him.....how quick are they going to be to fire him.

You're their 10th choice Mike. If you only win 5 games you'll be gone.

Very likely that Haslam is going to get rid of this FO next year. He yells at Banner publically and has taken the coaching search out of their hands. If he does, a new FO, will want a new coach.... and so on.

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 13m

The #Browns spoke with #Falcons OC Dirk Koetter earlier today, I’m told, tho it wasn’t a formal interview. They may circle back to him.

Yea it was surprising when they put Flynn in to replace lacy at RB, but that's avp for you.

(FYI he's a RB coach currently)

Your right, coaches NEVER collaborate, I'm sure in the offensive meetings AVP would excuse himself whenever QB topics came up --- oh, and BTW, GB had their best running offense in more than a decade -- so, please spare me the AVP hate

Your right, coaches NEVER collaborate, I'm sure in the offensive meetings AVP would excuse himself whenever QB topics came up --- oh, and BTW, GB had their best running offense in more than a decade -- so, please spare me the AVP hate

Would that have anything to do with the fact they actually had to run the ball because Rogers was out, and they finally drafted a decent RB? Just sayin.

The Browns had an interview to do on Wednesday before getting back to Pettine. Vaughn McClure of ESPN.com reports that the team has already conducted that interview with Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter, which is the only other interview scheduled at the moment.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/22/mike-pettine-expects-to-hear-from-browns-by-the-end-of-the-day/

The Browns had an interview to do on Wednesday before getting back to Pettine. Vaughn McClure of ESPN.com reports that the team has already conducted that interview with Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter, which is the only other interview scheduled at the moment.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/22/mike-pettine-expects-to-hear-from-browns-by-the-end-of-the-day/

the comments on that page are priceless.

Would that have anything to do with the fact they actually had to run the ball because Rogers was out, and they finally drafted a decent RB? Just sayin.

I think it's mostly due to Lacy, but if you recall, GB wasn't happy with how Lacy looked in OTA's and mini-camps. Someone helped turn him around quickly. In addition, if you recall Lacy was also hurt for a few weeks early in the year. As for the Rodgers injury impact, that tends to hurt running games because teams know the offense wants to run the ball and tend to key on that. Offense also had injuries to Cobb and Finley. Bottom line, GB offensive staff had a very good year, if ya'll want to say AVP was sleeping during it, so be it. Edited by TXBILLSFAN

come on. you posted that he got the most out of flynn this year. me pointing out that he is a RB coach is hardly hating on him.

I'm getting a distinct: Everyone who's not a Bill or not affiliated with the Bills = good. Anything affiliated with the Bills = bad.

if ya'll want to say AVP was sleeping during it, so be it.

remind me who said that? you made a silly comment and got called on it. big deal.

the worst comment about AVP came from me joking that if he was the best pettine had up his sleeve he might not succeed either. the fact that you consider it a push with marrones guy, and you HATE marrone seems to lead me to believe you dont think hes a prime time OC candidate either.