Mike Pettine speculation-interviewing w Cleveland

mannc

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Mike Pettine. He's the last girl at bar close. You keep hoping for someone better, but you're drunk and desperate, so you'll just have to settle and set your alarm early.

I think it's backwards. I think the Browns are the fat girl at closing.

And tomorrow Pettine will be sober.

GO BILLS!!!

:nana: Pettine was a giant improvement though but let's be honest, this defense still had it's flaws. Run defense was very spotty and they couldn't keep the leads against the Pats, Falcons, and Browns. This defense is loaded with 1st and 2nd rounders. It should be good. If MP does get the job, IMO, it would be a very good spot for up and coming DC to look really good.

to say the least.

i liked Pettine and i hope we don't lose him, but there has to be at least one more man on the planet who do this job.

Poor Mike Pettine. He's the last girl at bar close. You keep hoping for someone better, but you're drunk and desperate, so you'll just have to settle and set your alarm early.

In this analogy, Pettine should also remember he was at the bar last time when Chud went home with the Browns.

This is exactly my feeling. I think he kind of owes it both the Bills and himself to put a clear deadline. If you want me I need to know by this date. I know he wants to be a HC but there has to come a point in time where he is damaging his chances at success if he takes the job and/or damaging the Bills chances of success next season.

I would hope he is keeping them in the loop but if I were them my patience would certainly be wearing thin.

I was going to say the same thing. Yolo might be posting a lot more here as that classic might cost him his job! That was some of the most fun I have ever had as a Bills fan. Especially when they signed him. My wife doesn't care much about football but everyday would ask about it because I was on edge (and couldn't stay away from tbd). When they finally signed him she was as happy as I was (because then I could you know actually pay attention to her) :lol:

Bb.com link makes it sound like Whaley is growing impatient.

Just reading some "insider" comments under a recent article on cleveland.com, and some are convinced Quinn is clearly the #1 target and has been all along...

Gase was their #1 target, and probably McDaniel second. At the moment it may be who they are hoping for but that doesn't make him there #1 target from the beginning.

Also, this seems basically like what played out last year with Chud, they waited so long that every other candidate was chosen our refused an interview. I really don't know how anyone would want that job unless they were desperate or with a clause that states if I get fired after one year I get a x amount bonus of the staff and myself(above what is left on my contract).

i think you are right that the ryan defenses are a little more.... i dont know that complex is the word im looking for... maybe exotic.... but i think that seattle does a pretty good job tailoring their schemes, finding weaknesses, creating advantages etc... The other thing i like is that it seems they looked hard at roster composition and finding where there was undervalued talent around the league when creating the schemes (ie the scheme lends itself to being able to bring in more talent per dollar spent).

really, i have no idea how quinn vs pettine would do with game management, or even how they set up day to day operations at the facility but i think both have definite pros on their resumes for why they would be possible good choices (i know you werent saying quinn didnt)

dynamic and interdependent. Thatsbwhat you're looking for. The dependency upon positions to function as a unit instead of position are vital.

My guess is that one of three things will happen with this:

1) They hire Pettine by the EOD

2) They hire the Atlanta guy by the EOD

3) They tell Pettine, by the end of the day, that they need more time to do more due diligence and Pettine withdraws.