Mike Pettine speculation-interviewing w Cleveland

mannc

The rumor here in Youngstown (Ohio) is that they like Pettine but really want Quinn and are willing to wait. The facts seem to bear this out since Pettine wasn't offered the gig after a second interview. Browns fans here are totally apathetic at this point.

Fixed it for you ;)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right, coaches NEVER collaborate, I'm sure in the offensive meetings AVP would excuse himself whenever QB topics came up --- oh, and BTW, GB had their best running offense in more than a decade -- so, please spare me the AVP hate

So you think, maybe, some of the other Bills coaches collaborated with Pettine too? Maybe they even took notes?

the comments on that page are priceless.

I believe the interview went something like this:

Banner: Wanna be out coach?

Pettine: Well maybe

Banner: You sure? I mean its yours dude.

Pettine: Wait, you’re giving me the job no matter what aren’t you?

Banner: If you want it, yup

Pettine: What kind of crappy franchise needs to beg for coaches?

Banner: Ummm….

Fixed it for you ;)

I feel bad for Browns fans.....there seems to be this feeling of embarrassment, like it's their fault that their team can't find a coach.

I know the Bills' front office has done some bizarre things, but the Browns firing Chud was totally off the wall.

I believe the interview went something like this:

Banner: Wanna be out coach?

Pettine: Well maybe

Banner: You sure? I mean its yours dude.

Pettine: Wait, you’re giving me the job no matter what aren’t you?

Banner: If you want it, yup

Pettine: What kind of crappy franchise needs to beg for coaches?

Banner: Ummm….

hahahahah. That is most likely what happened!

I feel bad for Browns fans.....there seems to be this feeling of embarrassment, like it's their fault that their team can't find a coach.

I know the Bills' front office has done some bizarre things, but the Browns firing Chud was totally off the wall.

The Browns have surpassed the Raiders as the craziest franchise in the NFL. And with all the time they are spending on finding a HC, is anyone there doing the necessary draft and FA scouting?

The Browns have surpassed the Raiders as the craziest franchise in the NFL. And with all the time they are spending on finding a HC, is anyone there doing the necessary draft and FA scouting?

all the coaches, GM's and seniors are together in Mobile, AL for the Senior bowl.

remind me who said that? you made a silly comment and got called on it. big deal.

the worst comment about AVP came from me joking that if he was the best pettine had up his sleeve he might not succeed either. the fact that you consider it a push with marrones guy, and you HATE marrone seems to lead me to believe you dont think hes a prime time OC candidate either.

I said AVP made Flynn look good --- hardly a silly comment --- GB offense played well with best QB down -- that positive spotlight shines on all the offensive coaches --- second, I don't hate Marrone, never said that --- I actually like Hackett --- I think he had a tough year with inconsistent QB play and weak O-line --- my issue with the Marrone/Pettine deal is this -- it seems clear that the vast majority of Bills fans, media and other NFL teams, think a lot of Pettine --- we all on this thread are fighting, hoping, maybe praying that he stays, even one more year --- wouldn't it be ironic for this franchise, that hasn't had a great coach since Levy (and some people will argue Levy wasn't great) -- to finally have a great HC on our staff, and he gets away --- I fully admitted the first time I posted this scenario (Pettine gets promoted and Marrone gets fired) that it will never happen for a variety or reasons --- it was intended to be a thought provoking discussion ----

So you think, maybe, some of the other Bills coaches collaborated with Pettine too? Maybe they even took notes?

I think they all collaborated and took notes except Driesbach :nana:

I'm getting a distinct: Everyone who's not a Bill or not affiliated with the Bills = good. Anything affiliated with the Bills = bad.

Not sure how you draw that conclusion from me liking Pettine and thinking Marrone is average ? The only Bills that I would put under the "bad" column in FO are the top 3 clowns (Brandon, Littman and Overdorf). I actually think Whaley is "good" and like I said, I think Marrone is "average". So, try not to read between the lines. Oh, and BTW, the fact I like AVP and believe he and Hackett are a push, would suggest I like Hackett, which I do. I think Hackett will grow into the job, I think he's a bit raw right now, however.

I said AVP made Flynn look good --- hardly a silly comment --- GB offense played well with best QB down -- that positive spotlight shines on all the offensive coaches --- second, I don't hate Marrone, never said that --- I actually like Hackett --- I think he had a tough year with inconsistent QB play and weak O-line --- my issue with the Marrone/Pettine deal is this -- it seems clear that the vast majority of Bills fans, media and other NFL teams, think a lot of Pettine --- we all on this thread are fighting, hoping, maybe praying that he stays, even one more year --- wouldn't it be ironic for this franchise, that hasn't had a great coach since Levy (and some people will argue Levy wasn't great) -- to finally have a great HC on our staff, and he gets away --- I fully admitted the first time I posted this scenario (Pettine gets promoted and Marrone gets fired) that it will never happen for a variety or reasons --- it was intended to be a thought provoking discussion ----

The thing I will say about what you are saying is that there is no way to know whether or not Pettine is/will be a good NFL head coach. Who knows? If he was so great, then he would have gotten one of any number of jobs that were available this year. He didn't even get an INTERVIEW, until the Cleveland Dumpster Fire.

He may be the second coming of The Hooded One, who knows? But there are far more guys that were very good (hot) coordinators that were disasters as head coaches. We know that story all too well.

Not sure how you draw that conclusion from me liking Pettine and thinking Marrone is average ? The only Bills that I would put under the "bad" column in FO are the top 3 clowns (Brandon, Littman and Overdorf). I actually think Whaley is "good" and like I said, I think Marrone is "average". So, try not to read between the lines. Oh, and BTW, the fact I like AVP and believe he and Hackett are a push, would suggest I like Hackett, which I do. I think Hackett will grow into the job, I think he's a bit raw right now, however.

your tone sometimes suggests that this isnt your true feelings. likely a product of internet jibber jabber. no harm no foul.

and im sorry, but even if you realized that AVP was RB coach... without qualifying your statement with the further indication that you were only saying he was part of a group that did well with the offense broadly speaking, and instead going with AVP got Flynn ready.... the comment was silly even if your motivations behind it were not. happens to the best of us.

I was driving at lunch listening to Sirius. The guy was talking about the Browns situation and was ripping them to pieces. Saying Pettine was not even a blip on their radar when they fired Chud. Was not on anyone's list. Now this Clown organization might hire him. Pettine is a solid DC but he brings no real credentials to being the Browns head coach.