Phillip Rivers throws like a girl

River's throwing motion is unorthodoxed, but is the OP really willing to call a 6'5"230lb+ pro football player a girl?

Early nominee for dumbest/most disrespectful post of the year - and only 8 days into the new year!!!

Don Nelson of the Celtics is one that comes to mind of a big dude whose mannerisms screamed broad-like.

Phil Rivers talks WAY too much smack for a QB... More than any starting QB I've ever seen. I Wouldn't mind seeing the guy GET a smack or two this weeekend. As for him throwing like a girl, I agree. However, QB coach Frank Reich has cleaned up his accuracy issues quite a bit. -Way to go, Frank!

Edited by #34fan

Weird thowing motion.

Marginal velocity and distance.

Very accurate and his ball is very catchable.

Just outside the group of truly elite QBs.

I'd rather have Rivers than Cutler and Stafford, for instance.

when Vincent Jackson was in town their was no problem with his distance or velocity.

Still haven't noticed any problems.

Phillip Rivers would be my choice for MVP in the NFL in 2013.

it's hard to compete with a guy who set the passing yards record, and passing TD record in the same year, but.... Rivers has played his ass off. Edited by JaxBills

Just outside the group of truly elite QBs.

I agree. One of the few QBs in the league that I would be happy to lock into longterm and pay those massive QB dollars to.

when Vincent Jackson was in town their was no problem with his distance or velocity.

Still haven't noticed any problems.

it's hard to compete with a guy who set the passing yards record, and passing TD record in the same year, but.... Rivers has played his ass off.

I know Manning deserves it but his WR corp is sick. Rivers' is patchwork and his top 2 WRs got hurt at the beginning of the year. I feel like he has worked with less.Not that it is criteria for MVP, but that is just how I look at it sometimes.

Phil Rivers talks WAY too much smack for a QB... More than any starting QB I've ever seen. I Wouldn't mind seeing the guy GET a smack or two this weeekend. As for him throwing like a girl, I agree. However, QB coach Frank Reich has cleaned up his accuracy issues quite a bit. -Way to go, Frank!

Wait, I'm so confused. I thought accuracy was something a QB either had or had not and it couldn't be improved at the NFL level by coaching?

I know Manning deserves it but his WR corp is sick. Rivers' is patchwork and his top 2 WRs got hurt at the beginning of the year. I feel like he has worked with less.Not that it is criteria for MVP, but that is just how I look at it sometimes.

I agree, I just don't think many people look past the records.

Brady, Rivers and Romo all had MVP years, IMO. Manning just had an ultra-MVP year. Rivers and Brady had far less talent to work with and Romo had no O-line. Manning's situation was perfect. But he still had to make the throws and he did.

because I'm a masochist I want you to look at this list

Manning

Rivers

Roethlesberger

Losman

Smith

Rodgers

first rounders 2004-2005 NFL drafts--only one is a certifiable bust--and he, to my knowlege, doesn't wear bolo ties.

Rivers may throw funny but at least he doesn't one hop it on a swing pass to Shaud Williams 3 times a game.

You can thank Whisenhunt and your boy Frank Reich for this. They polished him (and the offense) up pretty well this year.

he's never been below %60 completions, never thrown less than 3,100 yards in a season and averages almost 8 yards per attempt career. When did he have accuracy issues?

if that girl was on the Bills......we would be in the playoffs.

You can say that again. Think about our running game, the WR if they had a guy like Rivers throwing to them. You still think we'd be 29th in passing.

Then think about our defense if they weren't on the field as much. Then th ink about run defense if we were always playing from a lead like the better QB teams.

River's throwing motion is unorthodoxed, but is the OP really willing to call a 6'5"230lb+ pro football player a girl?

Early nominee for dumbest/most disrespectful post of the year - and only 8 days into the new year!!!

I didnt know I had to respect a player from another team. Any other rule I should know about?

He does throw like a girl.

he's never been below %60 completions, never thrown less than 3,100 yards in a season and averages almost 8 yards per attempt career. When did he have accuracy issues?

Highest completion percentage of his career this season...currently at 69.5%. Increased touchdowns, decreased interceptions, increased yards per attempt, increased yards per game, highest QB rating of his career...currently at 105.5 (up from 88.6 last season). I'm not saying Whisenhunt and Reich turned Trent Edwards into Peyton Manning, but it is pretty clear that Rivers is being more successful under his current coaches. May have less to do with adjustments to technique/mechanics, and more to do with change in offensive scheme. I don't know.

Phillip Rivers would be my choice for MVP in the NFL in 2013.

You wouldnt say that last year. 15 tds. All at the wrong time. 20 ints the year before.

He's having a good year, no doubt. But better than Peyton. Not even close. Peyton is the MAN!

Rivers throws like a girl. Is someone really offended by this?

Ps. The only reason I know a lot of the chargers is because I watch a lot of their games in hopes of them losing. Lol. Also my coworker would tell me monday mornings the last couple of years, "Yup he threw his usual int" But not this year. He's having a good year this year. Cant deny that. But he does throw like a girl. I cant deny that either.

Exactly. For a qb that throws like a girl, he should be the quietest too.