What is your second favorite NFL team?

I live in Houston, so I've tried rooting for making the Texans my second team. But the team has no history, and the fans have this attitude like they've gone through so much and they deserve a Super Bowl. Not to mention this whole city, not just football, is a fair weather city. So I've gone from indifference, to rooting against them. I could never root for a team with the same passion as the Bills, but I've always felt an odd kinship to the Browns. I also like to root for teams I've seen the Bills play that year (assuming it's not a division team.) So I'd like to see the Saints win this year, since I watched them play, it'd be cool to say I've seen the Super Bowl champion play.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed. I suppose he is also a fan of corporate bailouts, the IRS, and beelzebub

I am an anti-fan of corporations and detest their negative influence on government and the general populace. Hope that clears it up a bit.

Ummmm.... :w00t:

Ummmm.... :w00t:

The fat chick choked on her sandwich.

Ravens. I live closer to DC, but don't like the Redskins and prefer to root for the AFC. Next would be any team that beats the Patriots.

I never root for relocated teams. Since the Bills are possibly in the same situation too. I can't root for the Titans either, even though I don't like the Texans much.

Boy, Bills fans are a cynical bunch, aren't we? People are just listing teams they hate and why.

Don't pick a second team.

There can only be one (said in a scottish accent).

Seriously, I support the Bills year round. Come playoff time, I may root for a particular team, usually, like many on here, one with a similar fan base (except I'm sick of Pittsburgh) or hard luck story (which was why the Broncos-Packers Super Bowl was kind of difficult - I finally decided to support the QB class of 1983).

Hell, I didn't even mind the Patriots winning their first SB as living in DC, where, according to local media and Redskins fans, only four teams play in the NFL (i.e., the NFC East), I tend to support the AFC team. Of course, the years have made it difficult to support the Patriots, but as an "older" fan, my true hatred is reserved for the Dolphins, as they were the nemesis during my childhood years.

This year, going with my AFC leanings, I, like others, wouldn't mind seeing the Chargers win one. I also would like to see Peyton brush off some of his talking-head detractors with another ring.

However, I don't have a lot of love for an organization that gets possibly the best QB ever, has one bad season when he is hurt, and drafts who we were all drooling about for four years as his replacement. So, if either the Colts or the Pats get to the dance, I'm going with the NFC, where Marshawn may overrule my natural distaste for Pete Carroll, or my 70-80s sympathy toward Saints fans may come into play, or, if it comes to it, the fairly inoffensive Panthers will get my support. But, if the 49ers end up playing either the Pats or Colts, I'll watch my taped copy of the comeback!

grew up in pittsford so it was expected to be a bills fan. eating zweigles. drinking at thirstys. well i got stationed in maine. i want to root for local teams, but the pats...no suh! then was staioned in louisiana, that meant the saints. then sent to florida. really root for the phish? meanwhile it is and has been difficult to say i am a bills fan without letting out a heavy sigh.

I don't really have one either. I usually start picking a team I would like to win during the playoffs. This year I would love to see Seahawks vs Denver, and wouldn't really care who won it as I love Manning. But I am also a huge fan of Wilson and the Hawks have never won the SuperBowl before. They deserve it!

If you have two teams, you don't have one. That is all.

It's not about having two teams. It's about remaining interested after the perennial disappearance of the Bills midway through every season.

I think you meant to say two starting QBs.

I root for the Bills.

Once they are eliminated, I root for the Pats. Can't help it. None of us can help who we root for, unless we are phony, fair-weather fans.

It sounds like you are a fair weathered bills fan.

How could you possibly root for a team that cheats and beats our asses all the time???

Respecting talent is one thing. Rooting is a whole different level. I know bellycheat is a good coach. But I will never root for him.

I have no second favorite. If you put a gun to my head and told me I must pick a team or die, I'd say the Decatur Staleys.

I DO know that my favorite NFL city to visit is New Orleans.

The Staleys. Sounds like you may have been to the Pro Football HOF. If you have, ever read the story about the Chicago Hornets? Funny stuff.

Why them? Just curious.

I was living in Philadelphia the first year of the USFL. On a lark I went to the playoff game between the Stars and CHicago Blitz (coached by Marv Levy.) It was a really exciting OT win for the Stars and I was hooked. They were the dominant team in the USFL all three years. Sadly few of their best players did much in the NFL. RB Kelvin Bryant played for the Redskins. QB Chuck Fusina was a backup in Green Bay.

But one player did have a good NFL career: LB Sam Mills, who coach Jim Mora brought with him to New Orleans. Then later he would play in Carolina and have his #51 retired there. Sadly he passed away in 2005.

PTR

It sounds like you are a fair weathered bills fan.

How could you possibly root for a team that cheats and beats our asses all the time???

Respecting talent is one thing. Rooting is a whole different level. I know bellycheat is a good coach. But I will never root for him.

Because I do not believe he cheats more than anyone else. At Giants stadium they used to open giant doors to screw up opposing field goal kickers. The Steelers won super bowls by juicing their players. The league is littered with felons.

If you want to make morality judgments, there is no one to root for.

When I say I root for the Pats, I actually don't care very much and often miss lots of playoff games.

Edited by Kemp

Denver is my #2 ... that started back when John Elway was playing.

San Diego is my #3 .. although I want San Diego to beat Denver this weekend. Go Figure.

For some reason I am not liking Indy (too lucky getting Luck) and strangely would like NE to win, but then for NE to lose in AFC Championship game.