Nickell Robey 2013 Highlight reel

infernus

The play in week 16 where he lit up wallace on the screen pass... he had quite a game that day.

Was there a UDFA signing in the NFL this year that had a bigger impact?

I'm not an expert on other UDFA'S but I'd bet he's right near the top. I think he rated out as the best nickel corner in the league or at least was a few weeks back.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Great. I was reading all the "fire this one!" and "we're doomed!" posts and getting all settled in to my between-season-disgruntled-Bills-fan mode, and then you went and posted this.

Now I am FIRED UP and ready for the 2014 season to begin. GO BILLS!!! PLAYOFFS, BAYYYYYYBY!! WOOOO!

Seriously, amazing closing speed and he hits like a guy a foot taller and 50 pounds heavier. Wow.

Edited by Rivermont Mike

Sorry if somebody has posted this one already

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7uqldAgkz4&feature=share

Absolutely love the play recognition that this kid has, no way he sits behind Brooks next year

Agree 100%, what a find this guy was. If Brooks doesn't step his game up next year, he'll be sitting in the unemployment line.

This speaks to the mentality of some around here. Robey was a damn good nickel cb all year and wasn't drafted & didn't have any baggage (except he's short). Rogers had like 10 catches playing with Andrew Luck with a bunch of wr injuries & had a bunch of baggage.

Yet, Robey gets 1 page while Rogers gets 50. Makes sense.

Agree 100%, what a find this guy was. If Brooks doesn't step his game up next year, he'll be sitting in the unemployment line.

I thought Brooks had some moments as a rookie. But he definitely is behind Robey. Injuries have hurt Brooks. But as we have learned with McKelvin, you shouldn't give up on a young cb too early.

This speaks to the mentality of some around here. Robey was a damn good nickel cb all year and wasn't drafted & didn't have any baggage (except he's short). Rogers had like 10 catches playing with Andrew Luck with a bunch of wr injuries & had a bunch of baggage.

Robey was given every chance to succeed, with one team, from day one.

Rogers situation was nowhere near that...and his position coach (in Buffalo) was a bum.

The problem is, people not wanting a talented player on this team...because he does not act like a choir boy 24/7.

Rogers situation was nowhere near that...and his position coach (in Buffalo) was a bum.

The problem is, people not wanting a talented player on this team...because he does not act like a choir boy 24/7.

Or Robey worked his butt off everyday & was a professional from day one.

Coaches and people around Rogers were the reason he was kicked out of school & not drafted. Enablers. The only knock against Robey was he was short.

Love Nickell!! He makes plays and has developed nicely. I am glad that the Bills have given this talented UDFA a chance to contribute. I think that Robey is a guy that can man the slot for years to come. He's tough and a bit of a gambler that will make some plays. In addition, he is a great blitzer which is an underrated quality for a slot corner.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

That was fun to watch. My favorite play was the tackle on McCluster in the Chiefs game. As I remember that was a 3rd & 1 play?

It was great watching Robey grow throughout the season. He definitely took his lumps(Bengals & Saints games) but as the season went on, he was just outstanding.

He's definitely ahead of Brooks, and I look forward to how Robey plays next year.

Question for all of you: Is Robey strictly a nickel & dime CB, or can he be a starting CB in this league?

To be fair, this is (at least) the third Robey appreciation thread in the past couple of weeks.

To be completely fair, all three of those threads don't add up to 50 pages, but still. Three threads.

Question for all of you: Is Robey strictly a nickel & dime CB, or can he be a starting CB in this league?

I would say strictly nickel/dime. He doesn't have the height to match up on the outside as a starter, as much as I think he has the talent.

Excellent video! Whoever made this did an amazing job. And Robey makes for great film!

One of the best pure tacklers I've seen in a while. If everyone tackled like him, like you're supposed to, there wouldnt be any concussion controversy.

Can't wait to watch more of this kid in a Bills uniform!

Love this kid. We hit the jackpot.

Yes indeed .

I had no idea . What a great highlight film .

Really just impressive . long term contract asap.: ))

someone said he couldn't play the outside corner position . I say Malarkey. look how many times he was alone with no one over the top !\

Both he and Alonso play on another level . recognition speed angles and great contact at the ball.

Yep best draft ever. And we got Robey too Jackpot !!

i disagree with this. from what i was hearing (all second hand), rogers was not taking his chance as serious as he could, while robey was putting in all the work and making the most of every opportunity he got. and there is the difference, rogers put the coaches in a position where they couldn't put him on the field, robey put them in a position where they couldn't take him off. love this guy!

That was fun to watch. My favorite play was the tackle on McCluster in the Chiefs game. As I remember that was a 3rd & 1 play?

It was great watching Robey grow throughout the season. He definitely took his lumps(Bengals & Saints games) but as the season went on, he was just outstanding.

He's definitely ahead of Brooks, and I look forward to how Robey plays next year.

Favorite of mine too and yes that was on third down. Clutch play.

BTW, great find and thanks for sharing.