Todd McShay Mock Draft 1.0

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lanes are fine - need a N/S power runner under 33 in the first 3 rounds.

1. Taylor Lewan / OT / Michigan (RT for us)

2. Cyril Richardson / OT-OG / Baylor (LG for us)

3. Carlos Hyde / RB / Ohio St.

A possibility that could be to your liking

This would mean we let Glenn walk when his contract comes up.

Probably would let him walk anyway given what it would cost to keep him.

Yep. the buffalo Bills revolving door. of course, team probably sold and moved by then with new ownership actually putting winning ahead of cheaping out on FAs.

The bills are NOT letting Glenn walk.....where does this come from? You don't let let LT's like Glenn walk

Agreed. It is something of an urban myth that the Bills will not pay. Teams in general, including the Bills, know you cannot keep every guy. It comes down to position. You keep LT's, possibly a center. You don't overpay for a guard(Levitre)or a corner or safety unless they are a Revis or Polomalu in his prime. QB's, pass rushers, a great LB or a stud WR, you make every attempt to keep those players because of their impact on the game. There is a reason those positions go high in the draft every year.Big guys that can move are the most genetically rare and difficult to replace. The Bills payrroll is not at the bottom of the league. The Jason Peters deal was mishandled IMO, but I have no trouble with others such as Clements, Poz, Whitner,or Levitre. Its about value and impact on the game. Glenn is turning into an excellent LT. Those are highly valued by all teams, and when the time comes you pay the freight at that position.

I haven't watched much of Lewan, so I can't really say first hand, but I've heard he;s a pure LT and projects poorly at RT. FWIW, Drafttek has him listed as the 3rd ranked LT (13th overall) but he's listed as the 10th ranked RT (126th player overall).

Edited by Rob's House

As much as I would like to have Khalil Mack, Taylor Lewan would be a good pick too.

After that draft OG Gabe Jackson in round 2, the Bills would have a couple very solid picks.

The Bills can't go wrong with any of those 3, and as much as I'd like an OT with that #1.

I think i might prefer Mack at #1, and an OG at #2 might be a better way to go. Run stopping, pass rush with Mack might be the best idea. Then an OT with a 3rd or a free agent.

I haven't watched much of Lewan, so I can't really say first hand, but I've heard he;s a pure LT and projects poorly at RT. FWIW, Drafttek has him listed as the 3rd ranked LT (13th overall) but he's listed as the 10th ranked RT (126th player overall).

Don't throw all your stock into Drafttek. He is an excellent run blocker with a nasty attitude toward whomever it is that may be lined up in front of him. He finishes his blocks and looks for a 2nd person to hit if given the opportunity. He's already better than Pears if you ask me, but don't throw all your stock into everything I say either. Just my two. :thumbsup:

Buffaloes track record of letting guys go in FA is pretty good. When was the last time we let a guy go that lived up to the contract he got? Nate Clements?

Convinced the only way some people on this board would ever be satisfied is if Buffalo was allowed a higher salary cap and spent to it year after year.