Todd McShay Mock Draft 1.0

The bills are NOT letting Glenn walk.....where does this come from? You don't let let LT's like Glenn walk

......in which case we will essentially be drafting very high for a RT.......and if he pans out according to what one hopes for with a high 1st round pick, we will likely have to let one of them walk as paying two premium OTs is not viable.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No he would be the LT the Taylor dude would be the RT power tackle

Until Glenn's contract is up, and then you let Glenn walk and move Lewan from RT to LT.

If Lewan is drafted and pans out, this is what will happen.

......in which case we will essentially be drafting very high for a RT.......and if he pans out according to what one hopes for with a high 1st round pick, we will likely have to let one of them walk as paying two premium OTs is not viable.

Agreed. Just the way it is.

I personally would sign Glenn long term, and try to trade down in the draft.

Edited by JR in Pittsburgh

The same Todd McShay that liked Aaron Maybin both before and after the Bills drafted him?

Buffaloes track record of letting guys go in FA is pretty good. When was the last time we let a guy go that lived up to the contract he got? Nate Clements?

And I'm not really convinced that Clements lived up to that contract.

In 2007 he became the highest paid defensive player in NFL history. He played 3 years under the 8 year, $80 million contract ($22 million guaranteed). In that time he never made All Pro or played in the Pro Bowl. In this case it was good thing the Bills let him go.

In my book Clements was a very good corner who could have been a HOF safety.

Incidentally Aaron Williams has always reminded me a lot of Clements. Great versatility, very physical, playmaking ability in a sturdy player. Nice blend of force and finesse.

McShays first stab at next years draft has Bills taking Taylor Lewan OT Michigan. 6-7 314lbs.

Not bad as long as we move him to right side.

This would mean we let Glenn walk when his contract comes up.

Probably would let him walk anyway given what it would cost to keep him.

Glen isn't going nowhere unless he gets injured but that's aways off.

Lanes are fine - need a N/S power runner under 33 in the first 3 rounds.

can get a RB and a good much later.

I totally disagree. This IS the case when a team pays their QB 15-21 million per season. The Bills pay all of their QBs combined 15-21 cents per year. Even if they use their heads and draft another early round qb, the cost will be minimal. AND, they have 21 million in cap space, no?

They can basically afford just about anything they want to do right now to improve the football team.

I totally disagree. This IS the case when a team pays their QB 15-21 million per season. The Bills pay all of their QBs combined 15-21 cents per year. Even if they use their heads and draft another early round qb, the cost will be minimal. AND, they have 21 million in cap space, no?

They can basically afford just about anything they want to do right now to improve the football team.

I didn't say that they couldn't do it, just that it isn't viable to do.

IMO a team needs to plan on things going right, not on things going wrong. If we were to draft another top 10 OT......and not only all of our other young players develop into solid/good/great players but we manage to land a Franchise QB we would not be able to justify two massive contracts for two star OTs.

The top 10 LTs average salary ranges from #1 $12.86m to #10 $8.1m.

The top 10 RTs average salary ranges from #1 $7m to #10 $3.5m.

Even without the young players panning out(or finding a top QB), ending up with two guys who are(have the ability to be) top notch LTs is a virtual guarantee of letting one go.......and rightly so IMO. I'd rather spend $10m on a LT and 4-5m(average) on each remaining OLman than spend $10m on both tackles and only have $2.5m for each of the remaining 3.

I don't like Lewan... but if he's the best out there then fine. I do like Jack Mewhort from OSU - very solid, senior, LT and can play G as well. Outstanding in run and pass protection. He was an All-American but have not seen projected to 1st rd, maybe can be had in 2nd.

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

I don't like Lewan... but if he's the best out there then fine. I do like Jack Mewhort from OSU - very solid, senior, LT and can play G as well. Outstanding in run and pass protection. He was an All-American but have not seen projected to 1st rd, maybe can be had in 2nd.

I am not high on lewan either. Would rather spend a 2nd or 3rd on an interior lineman. Maybe your guy?

The bills are NOT letting Glenn walk.....where does this come from? You don't let let LT's like Glenn walk

Really?? "where does this come from"??? Well, Levitre, Poz, Whitner & Peters come immediately to mind. Give me one minute and I'll rattle off 10 others..

Really?? "where does this come from"??? Well, Levitre, Poz, Whitner & Peters come immediately to mind. Give me one minute and I'll rattle off 10 others..

Being fair, I don't think Levitre, Poz or Whitner were of the same perceived talent level. That being said, if Glenn wants to leave, he will make it happen just like Peters did.

Being fair, I don't think Levitre, Poz or Whitner were of the same perceived talent level. That being said, if Glenn wants to leave, he will make it happen just like Peters did.

+1 - also different coaching staffs and FO regime Edited by YoloInTheBlo

I'll agree WE didn't think so, but they are all bonafide NFL starters for other teams and Lil Donte played in Hawaii.

Jason Peters

Exactly when did they let Peters walk?

Anyone that thinks this regime is letting Glenn go either hasn't paid any attention to how they operate or simply doesn't understand how good Glenn is IMO.

This regime re-signs the VAST majority of their FAs. Just look at the history.

As for Lewan, I think he's overrated. And if also prefer a dynamo playmaker (WR or TE) if the pick is going to be on offense

Do you also plan to "rattle off" Kyle Williams, Kraig Urbik, Erik Pears, Fred Jackson, Stevie Johnson, Scott Chandler, Fitz, McKelvin, & Wood?