Todd McShay Mock Draft 1.0

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO im all about letting over-hyped players walk if they ask for insane amts of money. But Glenn is not that player. This guy is a STUD and appears tl be a class act. SIGN HIM to whatever he wants if he continues playing like this.

Peters played well here and we lucked out finding Glenn who is even better IMO. We may not get lucky a third time. Some teams go years w/o finding a solid LT.

Churning through LT is not a recipe for success long-term imo.

Edited by bobobonators

IMO im all about letting over-hyped players walk if they ask for insane amts of money. But Glenn is not that player. This guy is a STUD and appears tl be a class act. SIGN HIM to whatever he wants if he continues playing like this.

Peters played well here and we lucked out finding Glenn who is even better IMO. We may not get lucky a third time. Some teams go years w/o finding a solid LT.

Churning through LT is not a recipe for success long-term imo.

In a sport where your career can end on one play and teams are heartless in cutting players. why should a player ever settle for not getting every penny they can? Getting your money in business is not about class.

In a sport where your career can end on one play and teams are heartless in cutting players. why should a player ever settle for not getting every penny they can? Getting your money in business is not about class.

Yep, these guys retire before age 40. They is a tiny percentage of people in the world who can do what they do. They are risking their health every time they step on the field. In short, pay Byrd. lol.

Taking a WR in round 1 is a luxury the Bills can not afford. You build a team from inside out and front to back. Offensive line needs to be addressed and ILB is are high on my list. Who ever is the starting QB next season will need time to throw. WR will probably be addressed in the later rounds or FA signing period. Need a RT to bookend with Glenn. Signing Glenn is a good move.

Edited by Nitro

C. Biscuit: I don't disagree. I said Pay Glenn. I'm confused.

I know, I just don't think any player should be faulted for getting as much money as possible. Football is cutthroat and the owners will cut a player the second they can't produce.

Taking a WR in round 1 is a luxury the Bills can not afford. You build a team from inside out and front to back. Offensive line needs to be addressed and ILB is are high on my list. Who ever is the starting QB next season will need time to throw. WR will probably be addressed in the later rounds or FA signing period. Need a RT to bookend with Glenn. Signing Glenn is a good move.

Hard to say right now because you don't know who's on the board, but Gs can generally be found later in the draft. RTs also aren't valued as high. But an elite gamebreaking wr can have a giant impact on a team. If they could get a guy like Mike Evans, IMO, he is much more valuable than a LG.

I watched a lot of University of Michigan play this year and frankly Lewan didn't have a great year. he played better last year. But the bills need a right tackle not a left tackle. And we need a left guard.

Edited by oman128

I absolutely love Sammy Watkins as a number one WR. Dude plays with a mean streak. He isn't the biggest target on the field, for that you have to look towards Mike Evans. But Watkins is the kind of guy who'll elect to stay in bounds rather than duck out and lower his shoulder into a defender to get an extra couple of yards. Not to mention he's much faster than Evans.

Agreed. It is something of an urban myth that the Bills will not pay. Teams in general, including the Bills, know you cannot keep every guy. It comes down to position. You keep LT's, possibly a center. You don't overpay for a guard(Levitre)or a corner or safety unless they are a Revis or Polomalu in his prime. QB's, pass rushers, a great LB or a stud WR, you make every attempt to keep those players because of their impact on the game. There is a reason those positions go high in the draft every year.Big guys that can move are the most genetically rare and difficult to replace. The Bills payrroll is not at the bottom of the league. The Jason Peters deal was mishandled IMO, but I have no trouble with others such as Clements, Poz, Whitner,or Levitre. Its about value and impact on the game. Glenn is turning into an excellent LT. Those are highly valued by all teams, and when the time comes you pay the freight at that position.

The Bills only seem to re-sign players that are willing to take a "hometown discount" - such as Stevie Johnson and Eric Woods. When a player digs his feet in the ground and asks for top Free Agent money, then we usually have a big problem.

Letting players go (regardless of position) almost always hurts the team, unless there is a legitimate backup plan.

We can talk about the perceived "value" of a guard all day. But losing Andy Levitre was a big blow to this offense, and will likely require a pick in the first 3 rounds to (hopefully) fill the hole that he left. Nate Clements may have been overpaid, but think about how bad our cornerbacks were once he left. And consider that we've drafted Leodis McKelvin, Aaron Williams and Stephon Gilmore very high (amongst other mid round picks) - all trying to fix that position.

The Bills only seem to re-sign players that are willing to take a "hometown discount" - such as Stevie Johnson and Eric Woods. When a player digs his feet in the ground and asks for top Free Agent money, then we usually have a big problem.

Letting players go (regardless of position) almost always hurts the team, unless there is a legitimate backup plan.

We can talk about the perceived "value" of a guard all day. But losing Andy Levitre was a big blow to this offense, and will likely require a pick in the first 3 rounds to (hopefully) fill the hole that he left. Nate Clements may have been overpaid, but think about how bad our cornerbacks were once he left. And consider that we've drafted Leodis McKelvin, Aaron Williams and Stephon Gilmore very high (amongst other mid round picks) - all trying to fix that position.

Good post. For me, the closer a player is to the ball on the field, the more im willing to pay. Exceptions exist for superb talent further back from the ball of course.

Good post. For me, the closer a player is to the ball on the field, the more im willing to pay. Exceptions exist for superb talent further back from the ball of course.

That's an updated way of thinking. The NFL is a completely different league now. No one used to pass for 4,000 yards, now it is almost becoming the average. Guys like Byrd are more important than ever. The whole building in the trenches is a bit outdated. In today's NFL, Byrd is a much more valuable piece than Levitre.

You can't pay everyone what they can get elsewhere and need to pick and choose. I don't think Levitre's talent or position warranted paying him what TN was willing to.

You can't pay everyone what they can get elsewhere and need to pick and choose. I don't think Levitre's talent or position warranted paying him what TN was willing to.

Playing $8 million for a G would hasn't made pro bowl or sniffed an all pro team is the exact wrong way to build a team. It's sort of crazy in fact. Levitre's impact on the Titans has been minimal at best.

I agree. The key is picking and choosing correctly. Levitre is a good example. But if i have to choose between Byrd and Glenn, im choosing Glenn.

Between Dareus and Byrd im choosing dareus. Heck, between any of the big three on the DL and Byrd, im taking the big 3 on the DL

I agree. The key is picking and choosing correctly. Levitre is a good example. But if i have to choose between Byrd and Glenn, im choosing Glenn.

Between Dareus and Byrd im choosing dareus. Heck, between any of the big three on the DL and Byrd, im taking the big 3 on the DL

But I don't think you have to. That's why I don't mind losing Levitre. Because I'd rather have Byrd, Glenn, & Dareus over Levitre. I think the bills can sign all 3 of those guys.