WGR reports (trade colts browns)

tito1

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Browns get a first round pick for Richardson, and all we could land for Lynch is a 4th rounder. Oh how special our FO is :D

I feel sorry for Browns fans though, they literally have nothing going with their team. As much as we complain here, it's worse there (and with the Jags), imo.

Indy desperately needed a RB. Browns apparently gave up on this season and next season already. The price for Richardson was a 2014 1st. Indy paid it. If someone wanted Lynch that badly, they would have paid a 1st if that was the price. It wasn't. If someone wants Byrd bad enough and the price is a 1st then someone will pay it. Comparing every trade to Lynch or Byrd is just stupid. Different organizations, different times, different needs.

Indy could use the RB help, and in a relatively wide-open AFC, a stud back like that could make them a serious contender. As for the Browns, they're all in for the draft next year. Can't see them going for Johnny Football, though.

I wonder what players they have on that offense that do fit his scheme. Pulling off the band-aid, I guess.

From what I know is Ogbonnaya might be the starter, until Willis McGahee passes his psychical. I know they put a couple RB's on IR. Dion Lewis is promising, but I think he's one of the guys that was on IR.

McGahee to play in Cleveland. I don't think they have a Dave and Busters there?

Edited by KollegeStudnet

Scheme? I've never viewed RB as a position that is scheme-specific. Looks like having a decent RB was a liability to them losing out. At least Indy was slightly less blatant.

Per NFL.com:

"It's a stunning move: Richardson was considered the centerpiece of the offense. But new coach Rob Chudzinski, new general manager Michael Lombardi and new COO Joe Banner clearly decided that he no longer fit their plans."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000246821/article/trent-richardson-traded-to-colts-from-browns-for-pick

Rumor has Browns coach says TRich doesn't fit his scheme.

Apparently, the Browns scheme does not really put an emphasis on winning games, or fielding competitive teams. Rumor has it that they have re-hired their former DC, and modern architect of bland football, Dick Jauron as a special consultant. Jauron, is often credited for coaching some of the least interesting football teams of the current century, and there is a feeling that Juaron, though inching up there in age, still has his finger on the pulse of what it takes, in this day and age to suck, year after year. Edited by Buftex

Yeah, and flushing this season down the drain. If I were a season ticket holder I would not be a happy camper. Good thing I am not.

Richardson jersey owner as well.

I think of parents that spent the big $ to get his jersery.

Or, I think of the single guy that spent the $ to get his jersey.

I feel bad for both of them equally.

EDIT: Hoyer is starting over Weedon.

So, yeah, 2012 draft is horrible.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Scheme? I've never viewed RB as a position that is scheme-specific. Looks like having a decent RB was a liability to them losing out. At least Indy was slightly less blatant.

Would you use cj spiller in the same offense as Brandon Jacobs? There are all kinds of backs but a back picked at 3 should be pretty versatile and do it all.

To this comparing it to lynch: higher pick, younger, more years on his rookie deal and no off field issues

To those comparing to Byrd: currently healthy, 4 years of a rookie pay deal remaining

EDIT: Hoyer is starting over Weedon.

So, yeah, 2012 draft is horrible.

Well, maybe in place of instead of over.... Wheedon hurt his thumb, so its not like he was benched.