WGR reports (trade colts browns)

tito1

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet he hasnt been suspended and just keeps making probowls.

yup. and Lynch's transgressions were immature, sure, but nothing too bad. He does not seem like a criminal at all, never really did, in my eyes. just a young cat with plenty of bank. He is no Aaron Hernandez by any stretch.

But we have had good RB production also since the trade. It was lame, but we at least did not have to pay for it with bad RB play. unless you count having to draft Spiller in the first round as a result, as bad. Now that CJ is performing, I am thinking this was not as bad as it could have been. Maybe we should have goeten a 2nd instead of a 4th.

Lynch was and is one dumb move away from a long suspension

Wish he was one dumb move away from a suspension in a Buffalo Bills uniform. Big mistake in giving up on a talented kid. Then having to waste another first round pick on talent we had on the roster. Can you spell Byrd, which is another big mistake in the offing. Keep your home grown talent. Draft to improve the team not to replenish holes that are self inflicted.

Win win for both franchises. Colts already have a franchise qb, so the pick doesn't mean as much as it does to the browns. Yet they get an elite first round talent at rb, and they are most likely a playoff team missing a couple of weapons. Te browns lose nothing because they were going to suck with or without richardson, and they desperately need a franchise qb. This nearly ensures that they'll get one.

No, they traded a running back away in order to ensure that they get a franchise qb. Rbs are interchangeable without a qb.

This doesn't guarantee they get a qb, yet alone a successful one. It does help their odds though.

Beast mode does still have that DWI rap hanging over his head from last summer. Hasn't come to trial yet, but still could is what I heard on Seattle radio.

I've been curious what has been going on with this. It seemed to vanish pretty quietly despite being a really amusing story (minus the obvious serious nature of DUIs, especially for a guy that likely had a drunk hit and run incident already)

Edited by NoSaint

They get the fast track to Bridgewater and then an extra pick to give him some help. I like the move.

Bridgewater is far from a sure thing. If I were the Browns I'd target Hundley but the Jags will be doing the same and they are capable of losing ever game. The Browns will have a lot of picks next year but if they do anything but nail them all this move will go down as a big blunder. They just traded a top 3 RB for a first round pick in the low 20s.

So much for the Cleveland 1 - 2 punch of Weeden and Richardson. That was a wasted first round for them. Could have traded down from the 4th position and get more draft picks in a rebuilding year but they trade up to 3rd pick with Minnesota along with their 4th, 5th and 7th for Richardson. So for a late first round pick next Spring (Indy's), Cleveland traded a 1st (Richardson) and 3 other picks. That, my TBD friends, is a front office failure that will haunt them. BTW 1 running back on the roster, Rainey, and Hoyer is the starting QB, Mike Lomb ardi should have stayed a TV talking head. WOW!

Edited by Nitro

I haven't seen Trent this year but last year he looked damn good. I don't get this trade, he's second year. I do think the Browns see him as a big injury risk, I wonder if he's got a drug suspension in the works? I don't think much of their front office yet and they might turn out to be a train wreck. Time will tell.

Browns might be going for Clowney, Manziel or Bridgewater in the next draft

They have two firsts now. There is the possibility of this being a great move for them for the future. They may get Clowney and a Franchise QB, depending on the Colts finish. Low 20's or high teens is my guess. Then they can grab a top WR in the top of the second.

But it's the Browns, so it will go poorly.

Buff, I respect your football opinions, but I have to respectfully disagree with you here. The Colts are not a great defensive team, and they have some O-line problems, but adding Richardson is certainly going to help them, this year, and for years to come, IMO. I think he is a pretty special talent, on a bad team. His presence is going to make Luck that much better...I think they are pretty stocked on offense. I also happen to think the Texans are a bit overrated..I think this trade makes it possible for the Colts to give them a run for the division title, or, a wild-card spot.

IMO, this a great trade for the Colts...and not so much for the Browns, unless they hit it out of the park on draft day, in 2014. They really don't need to tank the season, even with Richardson, in order to get their own high first round pick (the Browns can lose with anyone), so what? They will get the Colts first rounder, likely somewhere in the 20-32 range? They couldn't have gotten that after the season?

btw- if you own Richardson in FF, I would think you would be thrilled with this trade!

Thanks.

The Browns & Colts point spreads haven't even moved. That's pretty much all you need to know as far as how much RB's matter.

The FF thing would be cool except I picked all lottery ticket RB's for depth after Bradshaw.

Something like a 4th rounder for Ben Tate would've been a much better deal for the Colts & me, ha.

Edited by BuffOrange

I think this is what can happen when your new coach/new GM/new QB/face-of-the-franchise pick don't marry up. The Browns were a year off with first drafting Weeden and Trent, then the next year blowing up the coaching staff and FO (again) this year. The new regime doesn't like Weeden as the answer and saw Trent as expendable in order to get the QB they want to build the team around. I see what they are doing, business-wise, as they can get another RB of Trent's caliber in this year's draft plus a better QB, and a lot more. Their defense is actually solid - they have a lock-down corner in Haden and a very good front 7. They knew they were going nowhere this year and when Indy called, they jumped. The trade helps Indy immensely as they are all in for this year, and Luck and Trent will make each other better. You don't build a team around an RB, you build around a QB. If you don't have a QB, you will not go far.

It makes me even more glad about timing Buffalo has in bringing in Marrone, Whaley, and EJ. They all came in together (Whaley in his promotion) and they are all in for EJ.

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

yup. and Lynch's transgressions were immature, sure, but nothing too bad. He does not seem like a criminal at all, never really did, in my eyes. just a young cat with plenty of bank. He is no Aaron Hernandez by any stretch.

But we have had good RB production also since the trade. It was lame, but we at least did not have to pay for it with bad RB play. unless you count having to draft Spiller in the first round as a result, as bad. Now that CJ is performing, I am thinking this was not as bad as it could have been. Maybe we should have goeten a 2nd instead of a 4th.

What? I'm surprised that in over an hour nobody has called you out on this. So I will.

Was he drunk when he hit someone downtown? (Bank by the way brought his own booze to local establishments) Was he just a punk when he fled the scene and then hid in his basement? Or was all that just a youthful transgression?

Was it more youthful transgression that led to the cops deciding to check in on him and his boys in a Mercedes with no plates and tinted windows after they smelled pot and found an unregistered 9 mil?

Or is he just a stupid human time bomb? Football skills by the way are irrelevant to my questions because he is without a doubt a high level player. That doesn't mean he is anything more than a punk thug.

Speaking for me, I do not miss him. Thanks.

What? I'm surprised that in over an hour nobody has called you out on this. So I will.

Was he drunk when he hit someone downtown? (Bank by the way brought his own booze to local establishments) Was he just a punk when he fled the scene and then hid in his basement? Or was all that just a youthful transgression?

Was it more youthful transgression that led to the cops deciding to check in on him and his boys in a Mercedes with no plates and tinted windows after they smelled pot and found an unregistered 9 mil?

Or is he just a stupid human time bomb? Football skills by the way are irrelevant to my questions because he is without a doubt a high level player. That doesn't mean he is anything more than a punk thug.

Speaking for me, I do not miss him. Thanks.

Lynch was hanging around the wrong people and was on thin ice with the NFL and the law. The Bills were smart to part ways. Of course you want to get as much as you can in return, but they were pribably glad to get anything before he got sent to the clink. Glad he has been able to keep it on the straight and narrow in Seattle thus far as he is a talented player who runs hard. I know he and Freddy are still friends because Fred mentioned that he talked to him about the Panthers D as they played them the week before the Bills. He also tweets at him every time he has a good game. Maybe Fred has helped him with his ways a bit.

This doesn't guarantee they get a qb, yet alone a successful one. It does help their odds though.

I've been curious what has been going on with this. It seemed to vanish pretty quietly despite being a really amusing story (minus the obvious serious nature of DUIs, especially for a guy that likely had a drunk hit and run incident already)

I agree with this... there are several talented QBs who will be in the draft but no Andrew Lucks. You are still taking a risk again and they have gone through more QBs than probably any team. But you have to keep trying, as it appears Weeden isn't the answer there.

Yep. On the other hand, this is a pretty good trade for the Browns, even though it must be painful to give up someone you took with the no. 3 pick in the draft. Their initial selection of Richardson was incredibly foolish; even though he is a good back, running backs are a dime a dozen and the only ones that should be taken in the first half of the first round are guys who are once in a generation talents like AP. Richardson clearly did not qualify. They are lucky to get a no. 1 for him now, even though it's likely to be in the second half of the first round. This puts them in a great position to get a franchise QB next year by (a) getting an additional no. 1 and (b) making it more likely they will lose a lot of games this year. And by the way, there is no sure-fire first pick in the draft next year. Way too much football to be played. You can bet that several of the highly touted QB's will flame out (like Barkley did last year) and others will step forward. Personally, I believe Mariota will be the first player selected. One thing is for sure--if a sure-fire franchise QB does emerge, you can forget about Jadeveon Clowney going no. 1. No defensive player--no matter how good--is worth a great QB.

I agree with pretty much every word of this post. The only thing the Browns will lose is the relative draft position of where they took Richardson and what the Indy pick ends up being.

True, I got ahead of myself. But, Hoyer doesn't have to look good, he just has to look better than Weedon.

It would be acceptable if Hoyer played worse than Weeden considering that the Browns are now playing for next season's draft position.

The only other things I'll add:

1) Richardson was picked by the previous regime of Holmgren and Tom Heckert. The selection raised many eyebrows when it was made. Imagine a passing game guru like Holmgren drafting a running back 3rd overall.

2) With the trade of a first rounder for Richardson and a second rounder for Vontae Davis, I'm officially very skeptical that the Colts know what the hell they're doing regarding team building.

edit:

Mark Ingram selected 28th overall.

Eddie Lacy selected 61st overall.

WTF were the Browns thinking burning the 3rd overall pick on Richardson?

They should feel lucky getting a first rounder for him.