I hope Steven A. Smith eats crow about his thoughts on EJ!

buffalopdc

After the draft EJ and the Bills got completely blasted by Steven A. Smith (and Skip Bayless) in this video. I hope they eat their words sooner rather than later...like week one. The is bulletin board material for EJ and the Bills.

The only thing I do agree with is that there is tremendous pressure on EJ to succeed. Most rated him poorly in the draft and expect him to fail (especially in Buffalo) in the national media following the draft. In Buffalo, WGR flat out asked him how does it feel to be the savior of the Bills. No pressure there.

http://youtu.be/UxrjajikasU

Edited by buffalopdc

Just to put it in perspective, I don't recall many pundits saying they expected him to fail. Most said that the Bills took EJ too early because he was too much of a raw project to be taken in mid-first round and wasn't the best QB in the draft.

So far, those scouting reports are off base.

Just to put it in perspective, I don't recall many pundits saying they expected him to fail. Most said that the Bills took EJ too early because he was too much of a raw project to be taken in mid-first round and wasn't the best QB in the draft.

So far, those scouting reports are off base.

But a lot of folks around here are buying tickets to that show.

Stephen A Smith makes a career by making headlines. There is never a story or anything else to it. His character is why he is celebrated not his talent. This guy is to the sports world what Kim Kardashian is to the modeling world.

Well we've got at least a hundred posters here who hated the pick and don't look like they're getting behind EJ yet. Not saying they're rooting for him to fail, but it's something close to that.

I get accused of that from time to time, but I loved the pick. (I would have been depressed if we had gotten G. Smith.) But, I think the people who didn't like the pick are swaying towards cautious optimism. I think also that some of the perceived negativity is a response to the unabashed, (and occasionally delusional) optimism from the EJaniacs. (I just made that up.)

I don't like SAS personally, however he pretty much says he's clueless but based on what he's heard he's surprised. I don't see the problem with that. The other guy blasted him and the Bills but not so much Smith...

Edited by BILLS_ROC

Stephen A Smith makes a career by making headlines. There is never a story or anything else to it. His character is why he is celebrated not his talent. This guy is to the sports world what Kim Kardashian is to the modeling world.

That, my friend, is the truth.

Skip Bayless: ".....blah blah blah blah I'd take Landry Jones before EJ Manuel..."

Outstanding!

ESPN is unwatchable. I honestly get sick to my stomach viewing Sports center and will only tune in to see Bills highlights the day after. I've always thought Skip Bayless was essentially directed to really champion certain view points to create arguments with other analysts in an attempt to get better ratings. Seriously, some of the stances he takes are unreal--there's no way he's not being told to say certain things. And they brought SAS back to argue with him. I got rid of cable about 8 or 9 months ago and at first I was kind of bummed about missing some basketball games but any time I flip by ESPN I'm just reminded what I'm not missing. F*** em all. Who cares where EJ was drafted. We know what we've got and it our coaching staff got the guy THEY wanted to build around. That's all that matters.

He make 'those' kind of movies too?

To build off of one of Marones slogans .... Don't confuse a bunch of pundits hot air and wild prognostications with results. Go get 'em #3

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

After the draft EJ and the Bills got completely blasted by Steven A. Smith in this video. I hope he eats his words sooner rather than later...like week one. The is bulletin board material for EJ and the Bills.

The only thing I do agree with is that there is tremendous pressure on EJ to succeed. Most rated him poorly in the draft and expect him to fail (especially in Buffalo) in the national media following the draft. In Buffalo, WGR flat out asked him how does it feel to be the savior of the Bills. No pressure there.

http://youtu.be/UxrjajikasUSo what did he say about Tuel?

Well we've got at least a hundred posters here who hated the pick and don't look like they're getting behind EJ yet. Not saying they're rooting for him to fail, but it's something close to that.

Imagine if the Cowgirls had picked EJ. ESPN would have called it the shrewdest pick of the first round!

I think that there was a lot of weird misguided anger at this year's QB class in general because it came right off the heels of the Luck, RGIII, Wilson draft. No one wanted to put their necks on the line for anyone in this class being 1st round worthy. They didn't want to be laughed at with arguments containing stupid comparisons to last years QBs which would come. This seemed obvious to me because, where was the hand wringing with the run up to and after the draft of Locker, Gabbert, Ponder? There really wasn't any. Teams were desperate for a QB and it was ok back then to do so in 2011. Not the case in 2013 though...lol

So here you have this stud QB in EJ Manuel who was obviously a notch below Luck and RGIII, yet still had the physical size and skills and possesses off-the-charts leadership qualities. A guy who had to deal with the news his mom having breast cancer beginning his senior season yet still was able to get the job done with a very good season.

Thank God there was no media groundswell for EJ Manuel because the Bills wouldn't have had any shot to draft him even at #8. I keep hearing that he has that indescribable "IT" factor. Well you know what? That "IT" factor is what all the great QBs have had. If this is true then this franchise will soon to be back on top in the AFC, and if that does end up happening, maybe in some strange way we have those idiot NFL pundits to thank for Manuel ending up a Buffalo Bill.

Let's start talking EJ up once he wins a few regular season games. Until then we know nothing.

I totally agree with that, I just felt that there was a strange backlash to this year's group and with EJ being the first QB pick in the first round, he received way to much bashing from the draft experts.

I've got no predictions, but I do know that I'm very excited to see EJ Manuel this year!

They will never be proven wrong. Skip layed down "the message" on EJ early. the message that picking him in round 1 was a shocking mistake.

Skip even had EJ on before the draft and asked him if he believed he could be picked in round one. And when EJ said yes, That POS snarkily said that yeah, in this league nothing would be shocking (or something to that end).

Then EJ was picked, and We know how Skip responded. It was "shocking".

So the message on EJ is set, and nothing will move Skip on it, regardless of how EJ plays. He will find a way to protect the message.

I'm just glad I don't watch the show live, and as a result I'm unaware of products advertised during thier show, which is what matters most to them.

Edited by bobblehead

After the draft EJ and the Bills got completely blasted by Steven A. Smith in this video. I hope he eats his words sooner rather than later...like week one. The is bulletin board material for EJ and the Bills.

http://youtu.be/UxrjajikasU

I'm sorry to ruin your thread, but . . . why should I care?

Here's a cut from ESPN I found.

Careful, it's nsfw due to an f-bomb they let go.

ESPN should sue all these movies and TV shows that make fun of them.

Man that's cynical and talk about trolling.

I wasn't big on the pick, not at 16th overall, but I'm all for him starting in week one and playing all season.

It's the only hope this team has for next year and beyond. Kolb hasn't nor will get it done.