Doug Marrone grows irritated

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps the media (rather than Marrone) should get a thick skin. I read the Buffalo News characterization of this and they used terms like Marrone "shot at him" etc. Before I heard the audio and saw the video, I thought that I was going to hear a shouting match. Instead, I heard Marrone merely being frustrated having to hear the same questions when he does not have the answers yet.

Edited by Peter

I like his response. What good does it do to keep pressing him for information if he doesn't have it? One of the problems with the 24-hour, always-on news cycle is that actual events do not necessarily unfold according to that schedule. If Williams is still being evaluated and the doctors do not yet have a diagnosis, you can ask 50,000 times but if you do, let's not pretend it's about informing anyone.

that is a WEAK performance by Marrone......in fact, i'd call it Amateurish.

you might be able to bully your way around the media in college.....

but that crap doesn't work in the NFL.

Let's see, your highest paid player on the entire team is NOT at practice......and you don't have anymore information than you did at this time yesterday ??.....LAUGHABLE !!

That video makes me love Marrone even more...

I'm guessing we'll find out more about Mario when the Bills are good and ready to tell us. Decides, they'll break that news to Brown or Murphy, not JW or Graham.

I like his response. What good does it do to keep pressing him for information if he doesn't have it? One of the problems with the 24-hour, always-on news cycle is that actual events do not necessarily unfold according to that schedule. If Williams is still being evaluated and the doctors do not yet have a diagnosis, you can ask 50,000 times but if you do, let's not pretend it's about informing anyone.

It's ridiculous. I watched one of the latest Doug Whaley conferences. Literally just kept asking him about Byrd over and over. Morons.

that is a WEAK performance by Marrone......in fact, i'd call it Amateurish.

you might be able to bully your way around the media in college.....

but that crap doesn't work in the NFL.

Let's see, your highest paid player on the entire team is NOT at practice......and you don't have anymore information than you did at this time yesterday ??.....LAUGHABLE !!

Are you being sarcastic ? What part of his quotes can be considered 'bullying' ?