Doug Marrone grows irritated

Graham has issues. I think he's literally incapable of writing an unbiased piece on any subject.

GO BILLS!!!

Graham making an issue out of someone getting frustrated at repeatedly being asked questions they have stated they are not going to answer... my irony meter just exploded.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The press writing about...THE PRESS!? Shocking :thumbdown:

The Buffalo Bills have done a lot to take most of the enthusiasm out of my fandom, but I'm at a point right now that I will loudly cheer for the team to win because it's precisely the opposite of what Tim Graham wants.

Reporters, unfortunately, are a lonely group with big egos, so any time they can promote one of their own, they will. JW could have literally pissed on Marrone's leg, and the rest of the reporters would talk about how much Marrone deserved it.

There's some additional audio at the bottom of this article: http://www.wgr550.co...-again/16939557

Marrone and Wawrow cool off and make nice. Much ado about nothing. Move along.

I will say that I think JW might've been testy after kinda botching a question to EJ at camp arrival, but he can obviously speak for himself.

Don't know that he'll comment on it here tho, as he tweeted that he wasn't interested in having this conversation. (I didn't ask him, he just put that out there on his own.)

Glad JW is willing to put it behind him. Too bad the other local scribes already circled the wagons with their little hatchet pieces before hand. Nice.

GO BILLS!!!

Just noticed the thread title was changed to 'Doug Marrone Grows Irritated."

I'd start a thread entitled, 'Bills Reporters Grow Childish, Prickish, and Vindictive', if I didn't think it was redundant.

GO BILLS!!!

It was merged with the earlier posts/thread about the same press conference

I think he does provide a lot of good insight, but at times he's like Steve Tasker on broadcasts, tries way too hard to be a 'homer', which is fair and i would guess no easy task..my issue with him is his defensive stances when people dare question him...it happened to me here with him. But I appreciate his work for the most part. I think JW gives both sides of the stories mostly but his stances in 'opposition to' the Bills aren't nearly as 'mean spirited' or negative(?) I don't know, maybe i give JW more leeway because i like his musical ramblings.

Agree entirely. Apparently there's a difference between answering the same question multiple times vs. the answer the media really wants to hear. What gets me is that AFTER he took the time to couch his reasoning on the matter, even to the point of understanding that the media "have their jobs to do" and that he appreciates that, it just wasn't good enough. It actually sounded kind of childish when immediately after that another Mario question was asked.

GO BILLS!!!

Graham has issues. I think he's literally incapable of writing an unbiased piece on any subject.

GO BILLS!!!

Why does Marrone have to get thicker skin? I would love it if after a tough loss he started firing off at the reporters.

We hated Dick Jauron and Chan Gaileys monotone PC's yet Marrone raises his voice and needs thick skin? Which way do the fans want it.

Don't most Buffalo fans want the local media shredded anyways?

exactly...JW didn't ask anything that was off limits and i don't think it was excessive, Marrone had been answering it over and over and i think gave a good answer...problem is, good old timmy g is all over twitter with his 'panties in a wad' saying Marrone went overboard and then was 'screaming bloody murder' when the bills website took the exchange out of the official transcript.

Jesus, I just looked at his twitter feed. Dude needs a freakin hobby. Even if most of what he's said is correct, is his ego so fragile that he has to constantly defend himself and announce every time he blocks someone? Him figuratively storming out of TBD is just another bit in a long line of drama. Good riddance.

Graham making an issue out of someone getting frustrated at repeatedly being asked questions they have stated they are not going to answer... my irony meter just exploded.

I hadn't appreciated that aspect of it, but you are so right about that. I wouldn't let my bird crap on something he writes.

GO BILLS!!!

The Buffalo Bills have done a lot to take most of the enthusiasm out of my fandom, but I'm at a point right now that I will loudly cheer for the team to win because it's precisely the opposite of what Tim Graham wants.

Reporters, unfortunately, are a lonely group with big egos, so any time they can promote one of their own, they will. JW could have literally pissed on Marrone's leg, and the rest of the reporters would talk about how much Marrone deserved it.

Marrone should try to work a Washington Redskins reference into all of his pressers as often as possible just to piss off Timmay.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a 7 page thread on Williams' toes and another lengthy one on his contract? The press interest mirrors the fan interest, and yes it is Bills' PR department's fault for not getting somebody from the front office or medical staff to answer the questions. The way Williams' foot has been handled by OBD has been bizarre and their reaction to it certainly provide enough questions for the media to pursue.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a 7 page thread on Williams' toes and another lengthy one on his contract? The press interest mirrors the fan interest, and yes it is Bills' PR department's fault for not getting somebody from the front office or medical staff to answer the questions. The way Williams' foot has been handled by OBD has been bizarre and their reaction to it certainly provide enough questions for the media to pursue.

While you have a valid point, if someone answers the question, you do not keep asking the same question 5 different times, trying to get a different answer.

I'm telling ya, Marrone is Parcells reborn when it comes to PCs. He's gonna rankle some scribes out there.

GO BILLS!!!

I hope so! I hope he throws a podium at some point this year.

If you ask someone a question three times in a row, they have to answer honestly. I'd much rather have a coach that goes ballistic every once in awhile, yells, screams, shouts, calls names. That's fiery. Haven't had that here since the Polian/Levy days. That didn't happen today as much as people would like to believe it did. It wasn't much of anything. It wasn't Chan Gailey who would never offend anyone or never even raise his voice, it wasn't the walking corpse better known as Dick Jauron either. Get used to it. It's needed.

While you have a valid point, if someone answers the question, you do not keep asking the same question 5 different times, trying to get a different answer.

In all honesty, when your job is to ask questions and you think the person you're questioning isn't telling the truth, then you will ask the same question an infinite number of times.

Simple and plain: The team needs to say something about Mario. He's still getting evaluated, we're getting a second opinion. He's coming back after a few days rest. We're putting him on PUP. Whatever. They need to say something. You can't put your coach out there like this day after day without some form of information. What do you expect from the media? It's their job to ask these questions...over and over and over again until they get some nugget, an answer or get this reaction.

From what I've seen, he was the same way with the media at Syracuse. I appreciate him putting reporters in their place, but I also don't want a coach that is known for his temper with the media, rather than his coaching prowess. Say what you will about Chan, but he was a forthcoming "straight shooter" that rarely lost his cool with the media.

Well, I think that they have clearly said that he is still being evaluated and they are waiting for the Doctor's report. Did you not hear that in the interview?

Lost in all of this is why Marrone got pissed.

It's not because he was asked the same question over and over again, it's the implication that the same question must be asked multiple times in order to cut through Marrone's bull ****.

The guy fancies himself a straight shooter (per the beginning of the exchange). Set the tone early that that'll be the case, all the time. He delivered that message to players (per early and ongoing reports) and he wants the press to know he's not going to bull **** them either.

In all honesty, when your job is to ask questions and you think the person you're questioning isn't telling the truth, then you will ask the same question an infinite number of times.

Then the person being interviewed is well within their rights to tell the annoying, dillweed reporter off.

Then the person being interviewed is well within their rights to tell the annoying, dillweed reporter off.

Precisely. And well within his right to tell the reporter to stop insinuating that he's lying. Which is precisely the context in which his comments were made.

Just noticed the thread title was changed to 'Doug Marrone Grows Irritated."

I'd start a thread entitled, 'Bills Reporters Grow Childish, Prickish, and Vindictive', if I didn't think it was redundant.

GO BILLS!!!

No, they've been this way for years......really missing Felser, Kelley, and Carucci right about now.