Doug Marrone grows irritated

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple and plain: The team needs to say something about Mario. He's still getting evaluated, we're getting a second opinion. He's coming back after a few days rest. We're putting him on PUP. Whatever. They need to say something. You can't put your coach out there like this day after day without some form of information. What do you expect from the media? It's their job to ask these questions...over and over and over again until they get some nugget, an answer or get this reaction.

From what I've seen, he was the same way with the media at Syracuse. I appreciate him putting reporters in their place, but I also don't want a coach that is known for his temper with the media, rather than his coaching prowess. Say what you will about Chan, but he was a forthcoming "straight shooter" that rarely lost his cool with the media.

ok: we never won more than 6 games with him as our coach. hows that?

this f*cking board is filled with some of the biggest p*ssies this side of a dealing with menopause forum.

now watch for this guy to write back that he's "offended' by my post.

I just watched the video of the whole press conference and I don't see the big deal. Reporters asked Marrone a solid 4 times and the answer was the same.

D Marrone- "I don't have any information from the doctors yet." So, why ask him a fifth?

To me its perfectly reasonable to not have any info yet. They practiced at 8am!

Comment of the Century:

fireeyes111 says:Jul 30, 2013 3:16 PM

Trust me, no one is concerned about Marrone being rattled by the local media (or what passes for media in Buffalo).

The local reporting crew, excepting a choice few, are well-known to be vapid, self-important know-it-alls who’ve made a living bashing the local sports teams from any angle they can find. Negativity is what sells in a town with historically bad teams, and they go far out of their way to be as negative as possible.

Not even the fans in Buffalo like them, save the fatalistic, mouth-breathing whackos who call the WGR Whiner Line.

I think Marrone was being straight forward.

Who was the reporter?

Asking him to call the play was actually a good simile to his not knowing the medical staff's information.

That was not Bizarre that was astute.

Edited by Why So Serious?

To those of you who feel it is proper and the right thing to do, is to ask the same question over and over again in different words like a lawyer or police officer questioning people till you get the answer you want Marrone told the truth but they wanted a different answer and wouldr un with it, if it turns out to be something different they would then say Marrone lied. Marrone looks to be a really good coach, but some of the media act like dumb jerks to put it mildly. Marrone was polite and held his temper.. Put yourself in his shoes and remember even when your honest answering the question there are people who believe you are lying and will call you dumb ass names because they are ignorant beyond belief ... I believe he handled those questions admiralty but we will still see over and over again more dumb ass questions that will be repeated over and over because they want a different answer. How these guys get and keep their jobs is beyond me. and then are those stupid people who do not see it. Don't be one ...

Marrone should try to work a Washington Redskins reference into all of his pressers as often as possible just to piss off Timmay.

Oh, crap, I never put Tim and Timmay together. The last time I write Tim Graham in this post is the last time I call him Tim Graham. He is now, and will forever be...

TIMMAH!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDfW457E78M

So how is Mario's !@#$ing goddamn foot anyway....JW, Tim (we know you still lurk)...any updates? I know you asked folks other than Coach Marrone...give us the goods.

Edited by JoeF

So how is Mario's !@#$ing goddamn foot anyway....JW, Tim (we know you still lurk)...any updates. I know you asked folks other than Coach Marrone...give us the goods.

Listen, I don't have any information from the doctors if you ask me one more time I'm going to rip off your head and **** down your throat.

No, they've been this way for years......really missing Felser, Kelley, and Carucci right about now.

Agreed. The 24 hour news cycle coupled with the lack of diversified media ownership has really contributed to the downfall of journalism in this country and around the world. I suspect the days of media subjects confiding in the reporters who cover them, as in the case of those you mentioned above, are long gone. This will continue to foster contentious relationships, I'm afraid.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Not that I want to see this at 800 pages, but for those saying "he was asked the same question 4 times in a row", that was just TODAY. He was asked the same question 4 times in a row yesterday too, fwiw...

Not that I want to see this at 800 pages, but for those saying "he was asked the same question 4 times in a row", that was just TODAY. He was asked the same question 4 times in a row yesterday too, fwiw...

theyve been watching newsroom and are feeling a bit inspired by jim harper shaking up coverage on the campaign trail. we will see how far they take it.

ok: we never won more than 6 games with him as our coach. hows that?

this f*cking board is filled with some of the biggest p*ssies this side of a dealing with menopause forum.

now watch for this guy to write back that he's "offended' by my post.

ku-xlarge.jpg

Buffalo Sports Franchise: Any Questions?

Buffalo Media: Yes, I have one question

Buffalo Sports Franchise: Ask away

---question asked and answered---

Buffalo Sports Franchise: Any more questions?

Buffalo Media: Yes, I have one question

Buffalo Sports Franchise: Is it the SAME question?

Buffalo Media: Yes, I told you I only have one!

Buffalo Sports Franchise: :wallbash: