Torell Troup Tweet

Sorry if this has been mentioned..but Torrell Troup tweeted this today.

Torell Troup@TorellTroup9h

Feels good to be in camp and kno that im truly healthy and dont have to worry about playin hurt. Worked hard for a year and a half for this.

Is there hope for this guy to finally do something? Would be a pleasant surprise if he made an impact.

Edited by first_and_ten

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this has ben mentioned..but Torrell Troup tweeted this today.

Feels good to be in camp and kno that im truly healthy and dont have to worry about playin hurt. Worked hard for a year and a half for this.

Is there hope for this guy to finally do something? Would be a pleasant surprise if he made an impact.

There is always hope. If he could give us 80% of what he was initially brought here to do I think we could have a great asset for this line. I would love to see us having a rotational situation on the DL.

Sweet he's finally healthy enough to release. I'm sorry I had high hopes for this guy but he's always a let down. I feel bad for his constant injury problem but it's time to cut the cord. Plenty of talent out there not getting rich on the sidelines in street clothes EVERY YEAR!

Sweet he's finally healthy enough to release. I'm sorry I had high hopes for this guy but he's always a let down. I feel bad for his constant injury problem but it's time to cut the cord. Plenty of talent out there not getting rich on the sidelines in street clothes EVERY YEAR!

Definitely feel for the guy ... this is his last chance but as I posted a year or so ago ... I worry more about the life-long negative impact to his health that is occurring because he keeps trying to play. If he is truly healthy I do believe that this coaching staff will give him a fair shot. If he makes it great ... if it is time to hang up the cleats I hope he does that rather than becoming fodder for some other team in the league.

Definitely feel for the guy ... this is his last chance but as I posted a year or so ago ... I worry more about the life-long negative impact to his health that is occurring because he keeps trying to play. If he is truly healthy I do believe that this coaching staff will give him a fair shot. If he makes it great ... if it is time to hang up the cleats I hope he does that rather than becoming fodder for some other team in the league.

Agreed, if he's 100% have at it kid and bring back the ring, but if he's only "healthy" because he's been rehabbing and gearing his training around not hurting his back I'm afraid of it being the "same ole Troup" story.

If you have ever hurt your back, you understand how disabling that can be. If you never have then you have no opinion

agreed. there is trying to carry on with everyday life with back pain. and then there is trying to fight of multiple 300+pounders with back pain. a human being can push themselves through a lot of things, but back injuries are not one of those things. i really hope troup is healthy so he can give his best and see if that is good enough.

I had the same surgery as Troup - or a very similar one. My surgeon didn't let me run (or do much of anything) for 7 months. So I turned to my next favorite hobby - eating - and become a fat couch potato.

Disc fusion surgery usually entails a pretty lengthy recovery. With better coaching and a healthy back - we'll finally see what Troup can do this year.

If you have ever hurt your back, you understand how disabling that can be. If you never have then you have no opinion

Have you played NFL football? If not, by your logic you shouldn't be on these boards.

(The argument that you can't have an opinion just because you don't have first-hand experience on the subject matter is old, beaten and false).

Edited by DStebb716

The difference between most of us and professional football players (in terms of injuries) is that when we recover, we go back to our offices, classrooms, assembly lines, etc.--places where we can reasonably assume we will not be exposing ourselves to further injury. Linemen, who are the only players on the field virtually guaranteed to engage an opponent on every play, are the most vulnerable to back injury. Let's hope that TT can avoid further injury, contribute to the team, and lift his grandkids some day.

It would be nice if he made it, and finally lived up to what we were hoping. I'm not counting on it of course, but it would be good to finally see it in play, especially considering his body size makes him a really nice fit to have a prototypical Nose Tackle.

Even with all my skepticism, a small part of me would love to see Dareus, Carrington and Troup to all come alive on defense along with decent rookie outings from Manuel, Woods and Rodgers.

Sorry if this has been mentioned..but Torrell Troup tweeted this today.

Haven't we heard this before?

I would be shocked if he makes the team and actually contributes

Edited by Max997

Haven't we heard this before?

I would be shocked if he makes the team and actually contributes

The guy played with a broken back. Your tone suggests he is along the McCargo route. Totally different thing. By all accounts TT has been on a mission to get healthy. He flashed some talent as a rookie and couple that his determination we could have something here. He made some decent $ the past few years, more than most of us have a chance to make and could easily have walked away but didn't. I am pulling for him and like someone else said, we are basically playing with house money here.

Edited by PJBrown7

Not to be a negative Nancy but he is Marcus Easley (or John McCargo) to me. A guy that has stuck for multiple years and contributed nothing. I hope that he proves me wrong because we were told that he is a run stuffer. This team needs to stuff the run. I'll believe it when I see it.

Not to be a negative Nancy but he is Marcus Easley (or John McCargo) to me. A guy that has stuck for multiple years and contributed nothing. I hope that he proves me wrong because we were told that he is a run stuffer. This team needs to stuff the run. I'll believe it when I see it.

Even before the injuries he was a bit of a project/gamble of a pick. So even if he's at 100% and every bit as talented as he was years ago, its still a longshot to be a heavy contributor. As said earlier, any contribution would be like found money. Too many of these guys all over the league and such a tiny percentage ever actually pan out.

You people with back pains, go read the book by Dr. Sarno. Mind Body Connection. There is als one he wrote about healing back pain. They both will tell you a lot about it.

Thanks for the recommendation. I've tried a number of non-surgical modalities over the years including chiropractic, massage, cortisone injections, PT, yoga, meditation, electric stimulation and various programs from books similar to Sarno's (though never Sarno's spefically). For me, nothing worked. The disc between my L4 and L5 vertebrae was basically gone and my L5 was way out of alignment so I finally went with the surgical option: Transformal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (I think Troup had the same). Now I'm running 12 miles per week with no back pain and will push that up to 50 as I get in back in shape. So I'm happy with the operation and hope Troup is too.

Should have kept Kellen Heard and dropped Troupe. The nose is ground zero for big collisions and back-breaking battles. The odds are that he won't hold up, and I think if he gets hurt again Whaley is going to release him.

I don't blame him for working hard and being optimistic, the poor guy is trying to make a living but his body isn't cooperating.