Mickey Schuler Released

jjmac

God can we make it any more obvious that we're trying to lose on purpose, for the #1 pick next year?? Operation "Lay Down For The Clown"-ey is in full swing!

OMG! A 7th Round draft pick of the Vikings in 2010, never played for them. Picked up by Miami - he had 2 receptions in 2010 for 44 yards, Zero receptions in 2011, and Zero in 2012 when he "played" for Oaklawn.

Where, oh where will we EVER find someone to match his production?

We're BillsFanOne for sure now.

OMG! A 7th Round draft pick of the Vikings in 2010, never played for them. Picked up by Miami - he had 2 receptions in 2010 for 44 yards, Zero receptions in 2011, and Zero in 2012 when he "played" for Oaklawn.

Don't need to. Brad Smith just renegotiated his contract.

Damn. Dude didn't even have a chance to unpack his shower shoes or meet the RA.

I heard Whaley let him unpack all of his stuff and then told him he was cut.

Supposedly Whaley and Brandon were seen high fiving and laughing uncontrollably in the hall way

Edited by Bangarang

Yes, it's tragic. Did you hear they won't even take a flyer on Putney Swope now that he's been released?

ISFDWTT!

Funny how that's the first time I've seen this but didn't even skip a beat figuring it out as I was reading.

I wonder if it's possible that I was kidding... hmm...

From the Sports Xchange…

Tight end Mickey Shuler and offensive lineman Chris Scott were cut by the Buffalo Bills Saturday, even before they had a chance to take part in the team's first full squad workout at St. John Fisher College in Pittsford, N.Y.

http://www.sportsxchange.com/tsxfiles/?page_id=211&max_colums=20&story_id=56950

Chris Brown posted this about Scott:

We just completed our conditioning test, which is part of our physical about where the players are,” said Marrone. ”They’ve shown that they’ve done a lot of work in the offseason. We did wind up releasing a player, Chris Scott. It’s just unfortunate in this profession. We have expectations as coaches coming in and we didn’t feel that Chris fulfilled his expectations to us, his teammates or the coaches so we let him go.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/OL-Chris-Scott-released/fdec7c79-242d-47e7-8571-b4b3ea5ddccb

I’m guessing Shuler was cut for the same reason as Scott.

It seems like Marrone isn’t going to fool around with players who show up out-of-shape.

From the Sports Xchange…

Tight end Mickey Shuler and offensive lineman Chris Scott were cut by the Buffalo Bills Saturday, even before they had a chance to take part in the team's first full squad workout at St. John Fisher College in Pittsford, N.Y.

http://www.sportsxchange.com/tsxfiles/?page_id=211&max_colums=20&story_id=56950

Chris Brown posted this about Scott:

We just completed our conditioning test, which is part of our physical about where the players are,” said Marrone. ”They’ve shown that they’ve done a lot of work in the offseason. We did wind up releasing a player, Chris Scott. It’s just unfortunate in this profession. We have expectations as coaches coming in and we didn’t feel that Chris fulfilled his expectations to us, his teammates or the coaches so we let him go.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/OL-Chris-Scott-released/fdec7c79-242d-47e7-8571-b4b3ea5ddccb

I’m guessing Shuler was cut for the same reason as Scott.

It seems like Marrone isn’t going to fool around with players who show up out-of-shape.

I'm glad Kenny Stabler isn't our QB. Marrone woulda kicked his azz to the curb too!

Look, for Whaley, to start dumpster diving for TE's and guards when final cuts start. The Bills may be competing with the hoody for serviceable tight ends this season. If Hairston starts the season on the PUP list add a right tackle too for depth.

Sometimes it works. Even if Chandler is healthy though, his blocking is sub-par.