'splain your avatar

Chandler#81

Long version:

Mine has 2 meanings

1. Clippers is a basketball team. Jk. Clippers are decent as a team right now. Not championship ready. Just playoff ready. But they have sucked for a long long time. They broke a lot of records this last season. Thing is, the records were not that impressive. Records that the La lakers have exceeded many many times. So the clippers suck(ed) like the bills suck. So both franchises suck. One in the nfl; other in nba. In reality I was making fun of the Bills.

2. I swear I just found out this last season that the Los Angeles Clippers moved from Buffalo. This was a WTHeck (more like wteff) moment for me. When I told my wife she replied, "Man you cannot get away from that sucky city" We have never been there. So she meant it in a sports way.

Ps. I have been a Clipper fan for approximately 8 years. I'm a true Laker Hater. That means something in La. Trust me.

Short version. I'm poking fun at a laughable franchise

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of posts about switching their avatars up brought a question to mind.

What is the consensus on switching avatars frequently?

For small time contributors or lurkers it wouldn't matter much but for me it seems like if the long time celebrities of the board changed a long standing avatar it would be like changing the main actor in a long running television show.

See, the Jets have this overrated QB named Sanchez, who I admittedly dislike. Then, he shows up at the Jets facility with this ridiculous thin headband. Voila, my avatar.

Whats with the freaking headband? is he secretly gay? not that there's anything wrong with that

A couple of posts about switching their avatars up brought a question to mind.

What is the consensus on switching avatars frequently?

For small time contributors or lurkers it wouldn't matter much but for me it seems like if the long time celebrities of the board changed a long standing avatar it would be like changing the main actor in a long running television show.

I've always wondered

What is the consensus on switching the text under your name (handle) frequently?

I often wondered why but maybe its because I'm just to dumb to figure out how to do it.

I've wonder about those withot avatars...my mother always said "never trust somone without an avatar, and if a nice man in a windowless van offers you a ride, get in"

Long version:

Mine has 2 meanings

1. Clippers is a basketball team. Jk. Clippers are decent as a team right now. Not championship ready. Just playoff ready. But they have sucked for a long long time. They broke a lot of records this last season. Thing is, the records were not that impressive. Records that the La lakers have exceeded many many times. So the clippers suck(ed) like the bills suck. So both franchises suck. One in the nfl; other in nba. In reality I was making fun of the Bills.

2. I swear I just found out this last season that the Los Angeles Clippers moved from Buffalo. This was a WTHeck (more like wteff) moment for me. When I told my wife she replied, "Man you cannot get away from that sucky city" We have never been there. So she meant it in a sports way.

Ps. I have been a Clipper fan for approximately 8 years. I'm a true Laker Hater. That means something in La. Trust me.

All that Clippers rational, but no mention that the Clippers started life in Buffalo!? Braves baby!

I was a Clippers game a couple years ago and chanted "Let's Go Buffalo!" the entire time...

I've always wondered

What is the consensus on switching the text under your name (handle) frequently?

I often wondered why but maybe its because I'm just to dumb to figure out how to do it.

"My Settings" > "Member Title"

Dazed and Confused is a favorite of mine. Absolutely love the Emporium scene with Woody, Pink, and Mitch walking in while "Hurricane" is playing.

Cereal was my nickname in college because I brought 34 boxes of Wegmans Brand Cereal to the dorms as a freshman. I also often use #34 as my jersey number because of that (and because of Thurman, of course!)

The "Buffalo / An All America City" avatar is because I enjoyed passing by the sign on I-90 East whenever I was driving home (when I lived in Pittsburgh and Virginia).

I usually like a hottie in my avatar. Ginger Zee was the last one.

This one is a ladies pro golfer and model. I met her at a tournament about two weeks ago - sweet as can be and has a rack that any male golfer (such as myself) would be forced fight other male golfers just so he could play a round with her and enjoy the view.

Absolutely love the Emporium scene with Woody, Pink, and Mitch walking in while "Hurricane" is playing.

Phenomenal scene.

Mine is the ridiculous mascot at Stanford. I'm certain it's the best in college sports. It's awesome when we play someone like USC, who has a very organized and precise band/mascot, then we send out our dancing tree and 40 or 50 stoned and drunk "musicians". Fear the Tree...

Phenomenal scene.

Mine is the ridiculous mascot at Stanford. I'm certain it's the best in college sports. It's awesome when we play someone like USC, who has a very organized and precise band/mascot, then we send out our dancing tree and 40 or 50 stoned and drunk "musicians". Fear the Tree...

Love the tree but this guy is the number one mascot in college sports:

post-10397-13747758075125_thumb.jpg

Mine is in homage to the King of Pedophiles and Pop music. Maybe homage is not the right word; maybe to belligerently make fun of the king of pedophiles and pop music is more fitting.

Edited by justnzane

I've been a member here for 12 years, but mainly lurked, so never actually uploaded an avatar - even though I am one of the two people pictured in Why So Serious?'s avatar (unless it has already been changed).

This is a pretty cool thread. I think eball's avatar can stand the test of time.

I enjoy Pilsner Urquell while watching the Bills play. Couple this with cute German bar maids (one of my weaknesses) and there you have it.

This is a pretty cool thread. I think eball's avatar can stand the test of time.

I enjoy Pilsner Urquell while watching the Bills play. Couple this with cute German bar maids (one of my weaknesses) and there you have it.

Jawohl, Fräulein!

i love being in the stadium when the snow is flying. it just feels like OUR HOUSE in way that other games don't. I'd rather got to a home game in December than any other month. it's be awesome if someday one of those December home games meant something.

Back when I was playing high school ball I was very impressed when a Player by the name of Ken Jones started playing for the Bills.As you old timers might know my advtar is his picture . Because that is my name also. My number was "72" also. So ever sense than I have really like the Bills Ken Jones.He played for our BILLS from 1976-1986.

The Fish are still the team I hate the most. Doesn't matter what has happened the past dozen or so years. My childhood was spent wondering when we would finally beat those motherscratchers, and I relished every single Jim Kelly or Frank Reich-led beatdown during the glory years. One of the playoff games I recall most fondly is the effort that sent Don Shula into retirement.

I agree nothing more pleasing than a fish squishin. :beer:

Long version:

Mine has 2 meanings

With you on the Laker hater. Incidentally the Kings originated in Rochester.