'splain your avatar

Chandler#81

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not visble in the small pic, but the guys booking photo clearly shows "Get r Done" tattooed across his forehead,

My previous ones are usually the six flags guy, or booking photos gone bad.

Danny Devito pretending to be Dr. Mantis Toboggan in It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. I love that show and it's a weird picture. I figured it would make a good avatar.

Edited by biglukes

I would have enjoyed your Mr. Rogers avatar.

based on this: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-QhukHvDKfRo/T6tqrpOTLzI/AAAAAAAAALE/o2AS-n63D5s/s1600/128620.jpg

NOTE THAT THIS IMAGE SHOWS MR ROGERS WITH HIS MIDDLE FINGER STICKING UP! IF THIS MIGHT OFFEND YOU PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON THE LINK.

Also note that what he was actually doing was singing a song about the various fingers, and he wasn't actually flipping off little kids.

Jumping Jack Pass, I mean who else does/did that? Plus he won championships. II think the other thread asked where our names came from though, no? I lived on Bowery for 12 years on the fourth floor. My Dad always said if I was like I was as a teen, I would end up there.

based on this: http://3.bp.blogspot...1600/128620.jpg

NOTE THAT THIS IMAGE SHOWS MR ROGERS WITH HIS MIDDLE FINGER STICKING UP! IF THIS MIGHT OFFEND YOU PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON THE LINK.

Also note that what he was actually doing was singing a song about the various fingers, and he wasn't actually flipping off little kids.

Sure he was, just look at him! (BTW That is awesome!)

Edited by bowery4

One of my favorite music groups is Jethro Tull and this is a character from the comic that was in the sleeve of "Too Old to Rock 'n' Roll Too Young to die" album. The character is an aging rocker named Ray Lomas which kind of reflects where I would have wanted to be and hence is my avatar.

When I was a kid, I think it was 4th grade or so, Monte Ledbetter of the Bills came to our school to do a talk/program on the importance of physical fitness. He signed autographs for all of us, and hung out with us for most of the day. I was pretty impressed, even though I didn't know much about football, or the Bills players at the time. Even years later when I found out he never really was a "star" with the Bills, his willingness to spend time with a bunch of elementary school kids impressed me.

My wife tells a similar great story about Doug Flutie. Back during what might have been the very first SJFC training camp, she worked as a teacher for special needs elementary school kids. These kids were very, very mentally and physically challenged, almost all in wheelchairs. Anyway, they took a field trip to Fisher for camp one afternoon. At the end of practice on a blazing hot summer day, Flutie walked over and spent time with each and every one of those kids. He took every picture, signed every autograph, spent a few minutes with each kid, and they were all just over the moon about it, as were the teachers and parents. He was a 100% class act all the way, going far above and beyond, even when you consider most athletes probably won't just totally blow off a bunch of special needs kids.

It's why I proudly rock a Flutie jersey to this day.

When I was a kid, I think it was 4th grade or so, Monte Ledbetter of the Bills came to our school to do a talk/program on the importance of physical fitness. He signed autographs for all of us, and hung out with us for most of the day. I was pretty impressed, even though I didn't know much about football, or the Bills players at the time. Even years later when I found out he never really was a "star" with the Bills, his willingness to spend time with a bunch of elementary school kids impressed me.

That's awesome as Monte came to talk with my little league football team at practice one night in NT. I, too, thought he was a star.. If only for agreeing to visit with us. '68, I think..

a place where i experienced many memories as a child, and later as a young adult. the place got a bad rap , some of it deserved, but overall, loved the thrill and anticipation of walking up the ramps, the peanut vendors outside, i could go on, but just a special place.

Being from Toronto and now living in Hamilton, I HATE the Bills in Toronto series and think Bills games should stay in Buffalo where they belong.

I have posted a few rants as to why I hate the series but to sum it up.....

One you go to a Bills game in Buffalo, nothing else will compare to the amazing atmosphere of tailgating and crowd noise

CBF

Wayyyy back in 1998 when I got my first computer and I discovered what was then the Roch D&C Bills board, I wanted a name that only someone who grew up in Buffalo in the 70s would get. Hence the name and the avatar.

PTR

I didnt grow up in Buffalo, but in Brockport in the 70's. We could get both Rochester and Buffalo stations, and I remember this well. Brings back memories.

Probably my favorite on this site, but I did like your last avatar a little better.