Patriots' Hernandez arrested in homicide investigation

I feel bad for AH's infant child who will pretty much grow up without her dad

And of course my heart goes out to the victims family

CBF

I agree. He leaves mother and child alone in the world, although on would presume not penniless, at least until the vics family sues for wrongful death. What a Delta Bravo this guy is.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda surprised at the Murder 1. As I understand it, the Prosecution now has to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt it was premeditated. Was he responsible for the killing? Quite likely. Was it with forethought or heat of the moment? If the jury can't be convinced it happened with premediatated intent to kill, it could hang the jury or set him free. No?

The prosecution seemed to make it clear that Odin Lloyd was executed.

Am I the only one that thinks it's unfair that ESPN has been showing Hernandez' image with the Patriots logo behind it? I understand he's still technically a Patriot until he clears waivers, but they made the move to immediately take away his role as an NFL player. The right move. They should be relieved of consistent association.

Yep.

Totally schadenfreude, but I'm good w/ that.

Kinda surprised at the Murder 1. As I understand it, the Prosecution now has to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt it was premeditated. Was he responsible for the killing? Quite likely. Was it with forethought or heat of the moment? If the jury can't be convinced it happened with premediatated intent to kill, it could hang the jury or set him free. No?

Despite common perception, in terms of pre-mediation may only take SECONDS. It can also be minutes, hours, days, months or years. The state can prosecucate and jurors can convict under any these circumanstances in terms of pre-med 1st degree.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Except Brady never played without all of his targets. His top 5 won't be playing to start the year. That's different then before where he always had at least one guy he depended on with him at all times.

This feels good, like the beginning of the end for the Pats.

True. I think we also have to mention that Brady is, indeed, getting older. He's still very skilled, but he'll be 36 when the season starts. Favre was 37 when his last season with the Packers began and people were telling him that it was getting time to retire then, and especially afterwards. A younger Brady...I wouldn't have any doubts, but people are already whispering that Brady is seeing ghosts. Let's see how he is without Randy Moss, Wes Welker and Hernandez and an oft injured Gronk.

Despite common perception, in terms of pre-mediation may only take SECONDS. It can also be minutes, hours, days, months or years. The state can prosecucate and jurors can convict under any these circumanstaces in terms of pre-med 1st degree.

i didnt see the video but i hear the timeline included evidence that couldnt have been simple forensics? IE someone is talking?

Except Brady never played without all of his targets. His top 5 won't be playing to start the year. That's different then before where he always had at least one guy he depended on with him at all times.

im telling yall i think the Pats are overrated right now.

even before dude got arrested.

The Pats had their run just like the Bills did, just like Miami did in the 70's.

Has to end sometime....

They went 11-5 with Matt freaking Cassel as QB.

Sad that the Bills need Welker, Gronk and Hernandez gone, and probably Brady to have a chance according to our posts. :bag:

Patriots needed Kelly, Smith, Reed and Thomas to move on before they started beating buffalo

All you need is strong circumstancial evidence, even to convict someone for 1st degree murder by law (following juror instructions).

i know - what i was asking is if the statement that things in their timeline go beyond what theyd glean from surveillance, forensics on electronics etc... sounds accurate to those watching. ie does it sound like someone is talking, or is it simply a wealth of piecing things together?

Edited by NoSaint

And missed the playoffs, which suggests they took advantage of an easy schedule but didn't beat any of the good teams they played. That team also had an established, veteran defense if I recall.

Why? It's so hard to believe?

Why? Because you posted something as if it's fact, when apparently it's just your opinion.

When is Gronk due back? Do the Pats have a tight end of any note going into camp?

Jake Ballard

Patriots needed Kelly, Smith, Reed and Thomas to move on before they started beating buffalo

Yup. We'll need Brady to move on before we start beating the Pats on a regular basis probably (and maybe THE HOOD too).

And missed the playoffs, which suggests they took advantage of an easy schedule but didn't beat any of the good teams they played. That team also had an established, veteran defense if I recall.

How many 11-5 seasons have the Bills had recently? I'll take 11-5 with a chance at the playoffs vs 6-10 any day.

i know - what i was asking is if the statement that things in their timeline go beyond what theyd glean from surveillance, forensics on electronics etc... sounds accurate to those watching. ie does it sound like someone is talking, or is it simply a wealth of piecing things together?

The audio was really bad coming from the feed from the NFL network. It sounds like a lot of electronic evidence (texts, survellances) as well as hard foresnciscs (cars, guns) tied him to the crime. The audio was shoddy but the DA even said something about fingerprints, but I couldn't understand the context because the audio was so poor in courtroom.

:thumbsup:

Exactly. The Pats are well coached and have a scheme where they can plug in various role players and be successful. Brady is a big part of that and likely adds multiple wins per season. They went undefeated (regular season) the year after they went 11-5 with Cassel.

​Brady makes his receivers look a lot better than they are. Has any receiver left the Pats and had a better year somewhere else? I can't think of any. Welker probably has a pretty good year this year but he's going from Brady to Manning. Not much drop off there. Moss, Branch and a host of lesser names did zip after they left the Pats scheme and QB.

They'll be fine. I would personally like the Pats to have their full compliment of players and have the Bills beat them. I don't want to beat them because of injuries. I want to beat them straight up. That's the only way the Bills will know they are legit.

:thumbsup:

Exactly. The Pats are well coached and have a scheme where they can plug in various role players and be successful. Brady is a big part of that and likely adds multiple wins per season. They went undefeated (regular season) the year after they went 11-5 with Cassel.

​Brady makes his receivers look a lot better than they are. Has any receiver left the Pats and had a better year somewhere else? I can't think of any. Welker probably has a pretty good year this year but he's going from Brady to Manning. Not much drop off there. Moss, Branch and a host of lesser names did zip after they left the Pats scheme and QB.

They'll be fine. I would personally like the Pats to have their full compliment of players and have the Bills beat them. I don't want to beat them because of injuries. I want to beat them straight up. That's the only way the Bills will know they are legit.

I wonder that as well. (the bolded)

I'm not sure if they'll be "fine" as in Superbowl contenders like usual. But until we prove otherwise, I'm not going to celebrate our superiority over them. We certainly have a better chance now haha.

When is Gronk due back? Do the Pats have a tight end of any note going into camp?

Tim Tebow.

86 Daniel Fells

49 Brandon Ford

87 Rob Gronkowski

81 Aaron Hernandez

47 Michael Hoomanawanui

44 Zach Sudfeld

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

The audio was really bad coming from the feed from the NFL network. It sounds like a lot of electronic evidence (texts, survellances) as well as hard foresnciscs (cars, guns) tied him to the crime. The audio was shoddy but the DA even said something about fingerprints, but I couldn't understand the context because the audio was so poor in courtroom.

ah. i glanced at another board that said some comments about details of conversations that had occured or something along those lines that absent someone talking, they couldnt figure out how theyd ever get the information (dont have it in front of me currently)

Most overrated stat ever. They had a 16-0 team & lost one player. And Cassel led the chiefs to the playoffs.

Besides qb, how much better are the Pats than the Bills? It's marginal at best.

He is currently questionable to start the season, and that will depend on his rehab from his fourth surgery this year. He just had it a few weeks ago, so being ready for training camp is a question mark.

and you know this How, exactly?

I think you'd have to be pretty naive to think the Patriots organization was just sitting idly by waiting to see how this turned out. Cops, prosecutors, politicians, etc., that know what is happening in the investigation and Kraft isn't going to have a pipeline into any of that? Right next door in Foxboro?? No friggin way.

Hernandez is toast. The fool threw away wealth and opportunity that we can only dream about. Why? Because Mr. Lloyd talked to people that he had a beef with? In the end, you have a family shattered with the death of a loved one and Hernandez life destroyed, his baby will grow up without her dad. Senseless and sad. When my boys get to be the age where they can go out to bars with friends, I will tell them what my late father, a cop, used to tell me. Nothing good happens after midnight in a bar. Those are true and wise words.

Why? Because you posted something as if it's fact, when apparently it's just your opinion.

You are incredibly naive if you don't believe the Pats had advanced knowledge.

Jake Ballard

Who still isn't 100% despite it being 1-1/2 years since his ACL surgery.

He knows of no other way. Doc always believes he's right even when speculating wildly.

The problem is, I'm usually proven right. :nana:

Most overrated stat ever. They had a 16-0 team & lost one player. And Cassel led the chiefs to the playoffs.

Besides qb, how much better are the Pats than the Bills? It's marginal at best.

There is nothing overrated about wins and losses, imo.

if they have video of him before picking the guy up, gun in hand making comments about how he cant be trusted... followed by an execution style murder... that hurdle doesnt seem quite as high.

Not to mention the video cutting out just before the murder & the victim basically saying AH is gonna kill him 4 minutes before his death via text to his mom.

Given the hilariously terrible coverup, this whole thing would not make for a very interesting Dateline episode.

I think you'd have to be pretty naive to think the Patriots organization was just sitting idly by waiting to see how this turned out. Cops, prosecutors, politicians, etc., that know what is happening in the investigation and Kraft isn't going to have a pipeline into any of that? Right next door in Foxboro?? No friggin way.

You're right, and as Brian Billick points out, pretty much every NFL team has security personnel who use their contacts to get info for upper management to assist them in making informed decisions.

"Virtually every club in the league," Billick said, "via the NFL as a whole and individually, have any number of staff -- security staff -- that, as you said, are former FBI or former detectives there, in the principalities which they reside, that are there (on) full-time status to monitor, help the players transition as they travel ... but obviously with their connections with a number of these institutions, that they're able to tap back into relationships that they have to find out what's going on."