Patriots' Hernandez arrested in homicide investigation

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://deadspin.com/...andez-531790515

in a major development, deadspin is reporting that someone has sent an edible arrangement to the home of aaron hernandez. i think this supports the theory that he is a well liked person that the community has embraced, no?

on a serious note, who actually sends him an edible arrangement today? I guess we can cross Wes Welker off the list?

The note attached to the fruit is probably the only way to send a message that the cops are not listening too.

Seriously? How dumb is this guy? You never let the body be found. How can you not hide a body? I could put 100 bodies in places no one would ever find. Hell, I think I have come across holes in the ground someone got stashed in...

And, if you're going to commit a crime, leave your cell phone at home.

I'd be curious to hear some tech folk chime in with how effective "smash the phone with a hammer" or other techniques to wipe would be with clearing data. Obviously, any other device he communicated with still has record of its texts to/from him. The cell company will still have records of those numbers. Possibly records of his location when sending stuff and making calls before/during/after

As far as the cell phone goes, I think all of the data is stored on the data card. All the pictures and stuff are. I wonder if he tossed that before he smashed it? All voice mail would be on a server as well as the records of who he called or texted and when and from where I think.

bravo. ill actually give you real credit on this one, i did chuckle.

how long before fans start sending nonsense to his house just for attention now? can we as a board start a collection to send him something totally ridiculous? like maybe chip in to order a cleaning crew? can you imagine the flashbulbs when they pull in and walk up to knock on the door?

Hard to say. While football fans are notoriously forgiving, some crimes are still taboo and smashing with intent to obstruct justice is one of them.

I'm not sticking up for anyone. Kas just happens to authored a few fine examples of posts where you projected an intent and opinion that simply wasn't contained in the words that were written.

Damn straight!

Also, never turn it off at the time of the murder. Just leave it on, at home.

And in AH's case, never be stupid enough to rent a car (or 3) in your name to go commit a muder.

and dont be surprised if it likewise gets locked out of the legal process because it ends up being prejudicial without holding actual relevance. which is essentially the line i was drawing with the comment that its a nice story, but it likely doesnt end up meaning anything beyond our curiosity about AH the man - it doesnt mean a lick as far as the events of the evening.

no harm was meant, and im not sure why jauronimo feels the need to chime in yet again on one of my replies to you. whether the story is relevant to the case, or just a bit of harmless banter in our discussions seems like a fair enough thing to discuss and not a knock on you personally.

I totally agree. It could be locked out. But, it's revelant to this thread because I'm sure the DA would love to include it in the (potential) trial. As for it being inadmissable, I'm sure it may be.

As for you and Jauronimo, I have no clue what you guys are going on about. I sort of tuned it out. No offense taken. This is the type of thread that is just begging for speculation or garbage. It's not a Sunday night thread where people are speculation about whether we won or loss. Truth is, we probably know about 5% of the facts in this case, so there's nothing else to do than speculation or come up with crazy theories.

Edited by kas23

It would have relevance because he, a (at the time) no name 4th round rookie, told a highly-paid Pro Bowl/All-Pro WR that he was going to "F him up." That shows he's quick to anger. Imagine how he'd react to some no-name schlub who is dating his girlfriend's sister giving him lip? Not that I don't agree with his wanting to F Welker up.

I'd be curious to hear some tech folk chime in with how effective "smash the phone with a hammer" or other techniques to wipe would be with clearing data. Obviously, any other device he communicated with still has record of its texts to/from him. The cell company will still have records of those numbers. Possibly records of his location when sending stuff and making calls before/during/after

Likewise the security system assuming all is basic high end gear.

Cell phones are used for things other than calls including picture taking. Not everything is transmitted,

As for you and Jauronimo, I have no clue what you guys are going on about. I sort of tuned it out. No offense taken.

Yea - I dunno... No harm was meant in my replies to you. Like I said, especially in threads like this (pats player in trouble) things spiral around here and rumors become fact and common sense gets thrown out the window. Especially when the newscasters get fired up and start throwing anything they can at the wall to see what sticks with the masses. Was just tapping the breaks a few times in here. Speculation is grand, but healthy debate needs both sides covered.... Or something.

Cell phones are used for things other than calls including picture taking. Not everything is transmitted,

True but I'm guessing they weren't taking pics with the dead body. Though who knows what pics, or anything else made it on the phone, as its beginning to look like not only does he have a strong drug and gun history, but plenty of shady friends (heck he could've been worried about evidence of the Florida incident being recovered)

Going out on a limb I'm guessing texts/communications were a main concern. It could even include "how to permanently erase a security system" in the browser history. Smart phones and dumb criminals make for a heckuva combination

Edited by NoSaint

Damn straight!

Also, never turn it off at the time of the murder. Just leave it on, at home.

And in AH's case, never be stupid enough to rent a car (or 3) in your name to go commit a murder.

Also, don't be seen in a bar with the deceased the night of his death.

In addition, don't kill someone who is dating the sister of your girlfriend.

Seriously speaking, even if they didn't commit the murder, these 3 other clowns sure have done a good job of taking the finger of suspicion and pointing it directly at themselves.

And if they did commit the murder, it would have been hard to botch it any worse than they did.

It would have relevance because he, a (at the time) no name 4th round rookie, told a highly-paid Pro Bowl/All-Pro WR that he was going to "F him up." That shows he's quick to anger. Imagine how he'd react to some no-name schlub who is dating his girlfriend's sister giving him lip? Not that I don't agree with his wanting to F Welker up.

Yea, but for all we know, someone could've hazed the hell out of him that morning, or the reporter might've been exaggerating now that its a shot at getting twitter followers, or someone told him to go extreme standing up for himself if they gave him a hard time. Plus it's 4 years ago. I don't have much of a temper but I'm sure in the last 4 years, if i went nuts tomorrow, there'd be things someone would say like "oh yea, remember that time NoSaint got angry cause the chicken wings were cold when they got to the house- he totally has a temper"

There's a reason stuff like that doesn't have a place in the trial, but it does make for festive talk around here.

Also, don't be seen in a bar with the deceased the night of his death.

In addition, don't kill someone who is dating the sister of your girlfriend.

Seriously speaking, even if they didn't commit the murder, these 3 other clowns sure have done a good job of taking the finger of suspicion and pointing it directly at themselves.

And if they did commit the murder, it would have been hard to botch it any worse than they did.

Atleast they hid the body well. It's not like the first jogger to go by at the crack of dawn found it....

Nevermind.

Or like any of them had been accused of shooting anyone in legal filings that week....

Edited by NoSaint

I've never said he was innocent. I've repeated, especially at early stages with unreliable media, that we didnt know much of the story and there were a lot of ways it could break. Assuming reports coming out are true, which isnt a given, it sounds like he has likely committed illegal acts. What those acts amount to and what can be proven are still pretty widely unknown. They may have proof he shot the guy execution style, or its possible one of his friends might have been messing around drunk with a gun and accidentally had it go off and they were trying to cover it up. Those would be COMPLETELY different discussions.

Yesterday all we knew was 1) an unnamed guy was dead 2) the body was near his house 3) police wanted to talk to him 4) he did not want to talk to police.

Too reasonable?

S'all good man. It seemed early on you were sticking up for this guy. Thats all. I think he is likely guilty of something here. Not sure what though. We'll see as the story unfolds. He has a lot of money, so I doubt he'll get in much trouble when its all said and done. And....I hope I am VERY wrong with that statement. A man is dead and someone has to pay.

jb

S'all good man. It seemed early on you were sticking up for this guy. Thats all. I think he is likely guilty of something here. Not sure what though. We'll see as the story unfolds. He has a lot of money, so I doubt he'll get in much trouble when its all said and done. And....I hope I am VERY wrong with that statement. A man is dead and someone has to pay.

jb

Understandable. Likewise no worries. More sticking up for patience and getting the facts. The way a lot of stories play out, the media works people into a frenzy against someone and then says, oh nevermind. I don't have any particular affection for Hernandez, more a distaste for guys getting convicted before we actually know what went down, and the media batting average isn't very good these days in my opinion. Simply, I hope he gets a fair shake for whatever involvement he's had. No more, no less.

I don't have much of a temper but I'm sure in the last 4 years, if i went nuts tomorrow, there'd be things someone would say like "oh yea, remember that time NoSaint got angry cause the chicken wings were cold when they got to the house- he totally has a temper"

So… your name is actually NoSaint?

hernandez' stupidity may be his saving grace. seriously it may become his best defense--the only reasonable one for his lawyer to go with at this point.

Can a person plead stupid as a defense?

:P

Yea, but for all we know, someone could've hazed the hell out of him that morning, or the reporter might've been exaggerating now that its a shot at getting twitter followers, or someone told him to go extreme standing up for himself if they gave him a hard time. Plus it's 4 years ago. I don't have much of a temper but I'm sure in the last 4 years, if i went nuts tomorrow, there'd be things someone would say like "oh yea, remember that time NoSaint got angry cause the chicken wings were cold when they got to the house- he totally has a temper"

There's a reason stuff like that doesn't have a place in the trial, but it does make for festive talk around here.

Well apparently before the draft, not only was AH known to like the wacky tobacky, but he had a short fuse. That anecdote was supporting that assessment.

So… your name is actually NoSaint?

Of course. And I don't like cold wings, the media or injustice. All made clear in the last page. That and im totally not sending kas a gallon of elephant poop, definitely just fresh melon, and berries at an exoebitant price, but definitely not a jug of elephant poop. Keep up.

Can a person plead stupid as a defense?

:P

I'm going to try to channel a little DCtom here....

That or the prison is letting folks register for message boards these days. I'm not always sure. Idiots. All of you.

Edited by NoSaint