Patriots' Hernandez arrested in homicide investigation

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what's the importance of this?

Just curious.

There is still going to be a trial right?

CBF

its the next step towards a trial. If I am Hernandez I am thinking about a plea that will include this murder and the other 2 he almost certainly committed summer 2012. but, I am not him, he is basically as dumb as a stone, o i guess Mass will have to waste untold funds to try him and get to basically inevitable guilty verdict. i hope thy fine him enough to cover his court costs. I don't care about his demon spawn, let the state get whole first.

• 1 month later...

its the next step towards a trial. If I am Hernandez I am thinking about a plea that will include this murder and the other 2 he almost certainly committed summer 2012. but, I am not him, he is basically as dumb as a stone, o i guess Mass will have to waste untold funds to try him and get to basically inevitable guilty verdict. i hope thy fine him enough to cover his court costs. I don't care about his demon spawn, let the state get whole first.

The cooperating witness has changed his story- still pointing at AH but changes are not good for the state here. Underscores how many surprises may still come up.

The cooperating witness has changed his story- still pointing at AH but changes are not good for the state here. Underscores how many surprises may still come up.

i don't think they need him that badly anyway, the circumstantial evidence is exceedingly compelling.

murdering wannabe gangster. pope of greenwich village redux except even dumber than Paulie, and more lethal by far.

Maybe for you, but a court of law needs more.

not correct actually plenty of cases are brought to conviction by circumstantial evidence alone.

That said I am reasonably certain that the police likely found some forensics as well. AH is such a fool - way he did not leave more.

Plus the videotapes of him waving the gun around before and after the murder.

Maybe for you, but a court of law needs more.

If three men take another man to "intimidate him" and one decides to shoot him they are all guilty of murder. It is the same as planning to break into a house and your buddy shoots the homeowner, you had no idea that was part of the plan but you still assisted in helping it happen.

Edited by NDBUFFCUSEFAN

not correct actually plenty of cases are brought to conviction by circumstantial evidence alone.

That said I am reasonably certain that the police likely found some forensics as well. AH is such a fool - way he did not leave more.

Plus the videotapes of him waving the gun around before and after the murder.

Not with the kind of lawyer that thug can afford

"The girlfriend of former New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez has been indicted on a perjury charge in connection with the killing of his friend, a Massachusetts prosecutor said Friday, bringing to five the number of people facing charges in the case...."

OK. I may be a little picky here, but does it bug anyone else that virtually every article and newscast from the beginning (including the quote above) say Hernandez killed his FRIEND??

#1) From everything I have read, it doesn't sound like they were ever friends. 2) Can't we at least cease calling them 'friends' now that one has murdered the other. GEESH!.

Maybe it's just me but it sounds freakn' re-DONCulous every time I read: He killed his friend!! Who Kills their friend?!?!!?!!

Edited by Cville Bills

"The girlfriend of former New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez has been indicted on a perjury charge in connection with the killing of his friend, a Massachusetts prosecutor said Friday, bringing to five the number of people facing charges in the case...."

OK. I may be a little picky here, but does it bug anyone else that virtually every article and newscast from the beginning (including the quote above) say Hernandez killed his FRIEND??

#1) From everything I have read, it doesn't sound like they were ever friends. 2) Can't we at least cease calling them 'friends' now that one has murdered the other. GEESH!.

Maybe it's just me but it sounds freakn' re-DONCulous every time I read: He killed his friend!! Who Kills their friend?!?!!?!!

Yup, I have thought the same thing.

Not with the kind of lawyer that thug can afford

I agree, these lawyers can take circumstantial evidence apart. He will harp on the fact that the jury can't convict him if there is a reasonable doubt. His lawyer will create a reasonable doubt in the jury's mind. Even though everyone watching will know he's 100% guilty, the jury will overthink things just like in the Casey Anthony case. These high paid lawyers know how to play jurys.

I agree, these lawyers can take circumstantial evidence apart. He will harp on the fact that the jury can't convict him if there is a reasonable doubt. His lawyer will create a reasonable doubt in the jury's mind. Even though everyone watching will know he's 100% guilty, the jury will overthink things just like in the Casey Anthony case. These high paid lawyers know how to play jurys.

The jury in the Casey Anthony case made a reasonable decision in determining that Casey Anthony was not guilty of murder. The prosecution over-charged in that case. The fundamental issue for the jury in that case wasn't believing whether she killed her daughter; the issue is whether there was enough evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that proved that she was guilty. There is a distinction. Although this jury was in general vilified their verdict demonstrated a courage on their part to base their verdict on the facts and the law. The prosecution couldn't prove how she died and when she died. Thinking someone killed someone and proving it are not the same thing.

In the George Zimmerman case the prosecution again over-charged. They should have charged him with the lesser manslaughter charge instead of the murder charge. In this case the jury had the ability to find him guilty of the lesser manslaughter charge but the trial mostly focused on the murder charge. In my opinion he was guilty of the manslaugher charge. If the manslaughter charge would have been the primary charge I believe the jury would have found him guilty.

• 2 months later...

Aaaaaaand another associate is dead....

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2013/12/aaron_hernandez_trial_woman_wi.html

In addition to being connected to Hernandez's social circle in Bristol, Perry was also involved in the July 2 crash that killed 33-year-old Thaddeus Singleton III, who was expected to be interviewed by police in connection to Lloyd's death.

This marks the third death of individuals connected to Hernandez since he arrest six months ago. Robert Valentine, another uncle of Hernandez, was killed in a moped crash in Bristol back in August.

looks unconnected, but but given how crazy the whole story is... who knows....

Aaaaaaand another associate is dead....

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2013/12/aaron_hernandez_trial_woman_wi.html

looks unconnected, but but given how crazy the whole story is... who knows....

He has a lot of dead people connected to him. A whole new twist on the 6 degrees of separation or Kevin Bacon thing.

Not looking good for him.

Just the opposite, the more associates and people they want to interview that die, the less people there are to testify against him. Isn't that what mobsters do? Kill off all the witnesses. Case goes "poof"

• 2 months later...

Its looking like he is going to get away with it more and more. Or at the very least get the best of it. With everything connected to him a lot of it doesn't seem to be admicible, direct with first hand knowledge or tie ins, etc. The case looks strong against him but with premier attorneys, a few good rulings and some luck be might just get a break.

Sad. Because the guy seems like grade A scum.

Its looking like he is going to get away with it more and more. Or at the very least get the best of it. With everything connected to him a lot of it doesn't seem to be admicible, direct with first hand knowledge or tie ins, etc. The case looks strong against him but with premier attorneys, a few good rulings and some luck be might just get a break.

Sad. Because the guy seems like grade A scum.

Even if he does somehow beat these charges, it certainly doesn't appear that he's ready to turn over a new leaf. Considering the bridges he's burned and lack of remorse, I don't see the NFL taking a risk, especially since there's close to 100% chance he'll be nailed for something else shortly after he gets out.