League alters stadium bag policy

What? Does this includes bags of douche?

In that case, prepare for the Eagles, Jets and Cowboys(in order) stadiums to be near empty this year.

I'd think all the games at RWS would be half empty if bags of douche were banned.

Promo would have the entire Rockpile section to himself.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see that the last decade of war, in the name of "protecting our freedoms", has gone so well.

The freedom to carry a bag into a stadium is a lesser-known clause of the Constitution.

I'm gonna get mine at DHGate.

DHGate will probably throw one in with your $15 authentic jersey order.

It's right there next to the freedom to park wherever you want, smoke wherever you want, and continue drinking beer past halftime, isn't it?

I still have all of those freedoms ... on my couch ;)

DHGate will probably throw one in with your $15 authentic jersey order.

I still have all of those freedoms ... on my couch ;)

Of course you do...just saying that I agree with his point that railing against the loss of "freedoms" because a private business restricts what you can bring into the stadium is silly.

Of course you do...just saying that I agree with his point that railing against the loss of "freedoms" because a private business restricts what you can bring into the stadium is silly.

A private business at least partially funded by public money muddies the water just a bit, but I completely agree with you in principal.

Packers say some seat backs, foam pads survive seat-cushion ban

The leagues new approach to stuff brought into a stadium becomes problematic in places where fans still place their butts on metal bleachers. Apparently, the league is willing to soften (pun not intended but what the hell Ill take it) the rules, a bit.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/21/packers-say-some-seat-backs-foam-pads-survive-seat-cushion-ban/

Edited by papazoid

The funny thing is by trying to prevent terrorists from taking advantage of one potential target, fans inside the stadium, they have created another potential target, fans lined up in security lines outside the stadium.

Fear not.. with the ban of seat cushions you'll soon see 'stadium pants' that have an extra cushion back-end sown into the rear for comfort being marketed and sold. In fact you can probably wear them anywhere, fireworks, outdoor parties, kids sporting activities, etc. Necessity after all is the mother of invention.

Problem solved. This is my backpacking seat pad... Inflatable, packable and perfect at RWS. Rolls into a stuff sack less than the size if a beer can. Never had a problem bringing it in and the policy seems to ignore these.

http://www.rei.com/product/845302/rei-sit-pad

if they made that in a clear see through material......you got a hit !!

I know exactly. Went to a Sabre game with a bottle of water. Couldn't bring it in, yet they sold the same branded water 20' from the entrance for like $3 too. As Barkless said "Feel safer already"

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner. This is not really about the security of the fans, it is just an excuse to justify more dollars from concessions. It's all about the money!

I think it would be AWESOME if about 50,000 people (assuming that many are gonna show for the opener) ALL show up at the same time will "illegal" bags. Women with big purses and men with a paper bag (containing food).

The NFL is focused on #@$@# like making sure people don't bring in food (that would rob the poor NFL and owners and players of their hard-earned money if we didn't pay $12 for a sandwich), meanwhile every time you turn around some thug player is getting busted for serious felonies. Of course they're gonna say it's to deter evildoers from smuggling in bombs but we all know that's bull.

It's a pipe dream but if everyone did it what would they do? Turn everyone away?

Edited by blzrul

I think it would be AWESOME if about 50,000 people (assuming that many are gonna show for the opener) ALL show up at the same time will "illegal" bags. Women with big purses and men with a paper bag (containing food).

The NFL is focused on #@$@# like making sure people don't bring in food (that would rob the poor NFL and owners and players of their hard-earned money if we didn't pay $12 for a sandwich), meanwhile every time you turn around some thug player is getting busted for serious felonies. Of course they're gonna say it's to deter evildoers from smuggling in bombs but we all know that's bull.

It's a pipe dream but if everyone did it what would they do? Turn everyone away?

They won't turn you away, they just make you throw it out or leave it behind. Are you suggesting then that people go back home when they are told to get rid if the unauthorized items? Also you can safely assume more than 50,000 will show for the opener. It's sold out. When was the last time they had less than 50,000 for a home opener? I'm guessing never. Although I think War Memorial may have held less than 50,000.

Most people would rather just go to the game without their precious bag than miss it to be a part of a protest.

Let me guess; you've never been to an NFL game because the greedy tyrants that run the NFL don't deserve your hard earned AMERICAN dollars anyway.

Edited by uncle flap

When was the last time they had less than 50,000 for a home opener?

The Rockpile max capacity that I could find was 46,500, so I only looked at 1973 and on....

(all attendance figures are from the 2011 Bills Media Guide)

1984 vs New England 48,528

The Rockpile max capacity that I could find was 46,500, so I only looked at 1973 and on....

(all attendance figures are from the 2011 Bills Media Guide)

1984 vs New England 48,528

I am really surprised about this. That game and then what followed was rather shocking. 83 was not that bad of a year. 8-8 and really in the playoff chase most of the way................I didn't go to this game, but I did go the opener in 85 and I'm almost sure that was soldout or close, and that was coming off the horrible season 84 turned out to be.

I am really surprised about this. That game and then what followed was rather shocking. 83 was not that bad of a year. 8-8 and really in the playoff chase most of the way................I didn't go to this game, but I did go the opener in 85 and I'm almost sure that was soldout or close, and that was coming off the horrible season 84 turned out to be.

By time I hit the page for 1984, I was surprised it was so low, I even double checked to make sure it was a home game, and not an away game accidently listed as home. Up to that year, and the years after, most home openers were in the 70,000 range, I think the lowest was about 62,000, the highest of course was about 80,000.

Makes it a lot easier to stay at home to watch the game. I can't in good conscience bring my family to a game

I fixed your post. The fix is what you really wanted to say but couldn't

:nana: :nana:

Screw the NFL. If they don't want bags there, I'll leave her home....

LoL!

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner. This is not really about the security of the fans, it is just an excuse to justify more dollars from concessions. It's all about the money!

I sorta agree. BUT do they really know what is in that bottle of water? What happens if it is spiked (say vodka)... Now they gotta taste test everybody's water?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

• 3 weeks later...

.....Looks like the NFL has relented with this policy for Green Bay, and Buffalo, somewhat.

I received this message from my Buffalo Bills account manager this morning. Sounds like Superbowl cushions still won't be allowed:

You may have heard about the NFL banning seat cushions in all NFL stadiums. The NFL reconsidered and revised this policy change after taking into consideration our climate and, most importantly, all the negative feedback we passed on to them from our season ticket holders. The NFL has made a compromise for Ralph Wilson Stadium and Lambeau Field.

Our fans are allowed to use seat cushions that are no bigger than 15" x 15" and do NOT have zippers, pockets, flaps, seat backs, metal, etc. Just a standard old seat cushion without the "frills" will do.

You will most likely be receiving this information in your season ticket package. But in case it's not included, I wanted to make sure you knew.

Edited by Ted William's frozen head

.....Looks like the NFL has relented with this policy for Green Bay, and Buffalo, somewhat.

I received this message from my Buffalo Bills account manager this morning. Sounds like Superbowl cushions still won't be allowed:

You may have heard about the NFL banning seat cushions in all NFL stadiums. The NFL reconsidered and revised this policy change after taking into consideration our climate and, most importantly, all the negative feedback we passed on to them from our season ticket holders. The NFL has made a compromise for Ralph Wilson Stadium and Lambeau Field.

Our fans are allowed to use seat cushions that are no bigger than 15" x 15" and do NOT have zippers, pockets, flaps, seat backs, metal, etc. Just a standard old seat cushion without the "frills" will do.

You will most likely be receiving this information in your season ticket package. But in case it's not included, I wanted to make sure you knew.

A rare victory for common sense.

What's next?

Lou Saban on the Wall of Fame?

For a coach know for being a nomad and peripatetic coach maybe naming the team bus after him would be more appropriate.

On the other hand he coached the Bills to 68 wins, a .602 winning percentage, and two AFL Championships.

But for Wilson's vindictive nature, he'd be on the Wall IMO.

On the other hand he coached the Bills to 68 wins, a .602 winning percentage, and two AFL Championships.

But for Wilson's vindictive nature, he'd be on the Wall IMO.

IMO a championship with 8 teams in not much more impressive than AFC championships with 16 teams. I do not think it is Wilson who is keeping him off the wall but his own cankerous personality pre death and reputation with voting committee. Blaming it on Wilson is as toothless as 'Wilson is cheap'. .

IMO a championship with 8 teams in not much more impressive than AFC championships with 16 teams. I do not think it is Wilson who is keeping him off the wall but his own cankerous personality pre death and reputation with voting committee. Blaming it on Wilson is as toothless as 'Wilson is cheap'. .

Well according to a conversation I had with the Wall of Fame committee member, the exact reason Saban isn't on the Wall is because Wilson views/viewed him as disloyal.

So while you make a valid point, you're wrong.

On the subject, do you generally discount every aspect of those two championships or just the head coaching? Because the 8 team argument would seem to be all-encompassing.

so cantankerous people cant be on the wall?

Well according to a conversation I had with the Wall of Fame committee member, the exact reason Saban isn't on the Wall is because Wilson views/viewed him as disloyal.

So while you make a valid point, you're wrong.

On the subject, do you generally discount every aspect of those two championships or just the head coaching? Because the 8 team argument would seem to be all-encompassing.

Did the person you spoke to tell reason why everyone did not vote for Lou Saban was due to Wilson's opinion or just his own?

I spoke to a Hall of Fame committee member who told me he never votes for Andre Reed for Hall of Fame due to the 'distasteful' (his word) way Reed acted after he was cut and trying for position w/other teams. He said he had Bruce and Thurman on his top 5 lists, Thurman both years.

I tend to believe the most difficult championships to win are those between merger and full free agency in NFL so I value effort then more than in the 'gold' and 'tarnished brass' ages. Right now between rule changes, free agencies, playoff scheduling and referees any team can get hot and win Superbowl and not be best team.

so cantankerous people cant be on the wall?

No but I think it is factor for some in voting for others before Saban. It was also a short period.

Not sure, but the sporting of mesh jerseys is strongly encouraged. Specifically, any authentic mesh from the Will Grant/Eugene Marve era could result in an immediate seat upgrade. Half-jerseys and/or mesh jerseys worn by cougars will be entered into a drawing to win the opportunity to retrieve the kickoff tee for the 2nd half.

How about the old shorts over the sweatpants. That was my favorite!