League alters stadium bag policy

The NFL is now prohibiting purses and other similar bags from pro football stadiums.

Fans will be encouraged to bring no bags of any kind to NFL stadiums. Starting with the 2013 preseason, only certain bags will be permitted.

Specifically, the bags must be clear, and they must be made of plastic, vinyl, or PVC. The dimensions may not exceed 12 inches by six inches by 12 inches. Alternatively, fans may bring a one-gallon Ziploc (product placement!) freezer bag.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/13/league-alters-bag-policy-for-safety-convenience/

Edited by papazoid

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are they really trying to discourage, people bringing in their own food and beverages?

I know exactly. Went to a Sabre game with a bottle of water. Couldn't bring it in, yet they sold the same branded water 20' from the entrance for like $3 too. As Barkless said "Feel safer already"

That sucks…if my wife can’t bring her purse in, that means I’ll have to carry a bunch of that crap. :doh:

Better hope it is not that TIME of the month or you are carrying that in too

What's next .... a no underwear rule to prevent underwear bombs?

What are they really trying to discourage, people bringing in their own food and beverages?

People not buying enough of the NFL's sh*t.

Coincidentally, clear plastic tote bags bearing official NFL team logos are available for purchase.An

I know exactly. Went to a Sabre game with a bottle of water. Couldn't bring it in, yet they sold the same branded water 20' from the entrance for like $3 too. As Barkless said "Feel safer already"

See, I don't have a problem with that -- they have contracts with the bottled water company, for example. Lots of places don't allow you to bring your own food/drink. But the bag ban goes far beyond that. I've been to Green Bay in December -- those aluminum benches are freaking cold!! But no seat cushions allowed now.

I don't mind this policy at all. It should help with waiting times at the gate, which have become ridiculous with all of the "bag-checking" that has to be done.

As for bringing in your own food/drink -- hasn't been a concern for me since I outgrew stuffing the sleeves of my parka with beer cans.

I've been a season ticket holder for coming up on 26 years, and I've never once brought a bag into a game. Blankets? Sure. Extra clothes? Yep. Duffel bag? Not once.

Another change that doesn't affect me at all...guess I'll keep going to games.

Then I'm guessing that neither of you will complain if a game doesn't sell out and you can't watch it, yes?

I honestly don't care if the entire NFL doesn't sell out, and none of the games are available in their markets. The NFL is basically telling me that they don't want my money. I'm more than happy to not give it to them. They are a business, and I am their target demographic. I don't own them anything.

Blankets? Sure. Extra clothes? Yep. Duffel bag? Not once.

I used to, it had different gloves, hats, a blanket, hand warmers, rain poncho. Made it easy to just bring everything in, rather than think what I might need. Last season I used it was 2003, because 2004 I got the club seats.

I honestly don't care if the entire NFL doesn't sell out, and none of the games are available in their markets. The NFL is basically telling me that they don't want my money. I'm more than happy to not give it to them. They are a business, and I am their target demographic. I don't own them anything.

Are you under the impression that you're not giving the NFL money simply because you don't buy tickets or merchandise?

GO BILLS!!!

Are you under the impression that you're not giving the NFL money simply because you don't buy tickets or merchandise?

GO BILLS!!!

The NFL doesn't really get the money, though. It is a non-prof... :nana:

I'm not ashamed to say I use "purse". Actually a small fanny pack with a shoulder strap. I have my wallet, phone, glasses, keys, etc. to carry and it beats stuffing my pockets. It's pretty small. Hope it meets their definition of a "clutch".

PTR

I'm not ashamed to say I use "purse". Actually a small fanny pack with a shoulder strap. I have my wallet, phone, glasses, keys, etc. to carry and it beats stuffing my pockets. It's pretty small. Hope it meets their definition of a "clutch".

PTR

Is it bigger than a hand?

Again, small “clutch” bags (roughly the size of a hand) are permitted.

A team source alerted PFT to the looming change in the NFL’s policy regarding bags. The NFL has confirmed that the policy, primarily intended to enhance safety revenue, was revised based on the recommendation of the Stadium Security and Fan Conduct Committee.

FIXED.

The NFL has explained that seat cushions are prohibited because of the possibility that they will be used to conceal an explosive device.

After 9/11, I was told I could not bring in my clear plastic backpack because C4 could be hidden in the straps. So I cut them off. I also pointed out that my seat cushion could hold 4 bricks of it... Glad they finally caught up.

I bet that the sporran that goes with my kilt would be considered a fanny pack and is now outlawed.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

After 9/11, I was told I could not bring in my clear plastic backpack because C4 could be hidden in the straps. So I cut them off. I also pointed out that my seat cushion could hold 4 bricks of it... Glad they finally caught up.

I bet that the sporran that goes with my kilt would be considered a fanny pack and is now outlawed.

And if they look for a bag under your skirt, will'ya stop'm?

I used to bring in mesh bags to put my stuff in. Are they prohibited?

Not sure, but the sporting of mesh jerseys is strongly encouraged. Specifically, any authentic mesh from the Will Grant/Eugene Marve era could result in an immediate seat upgrade. Half-jerseys and/or mesh jerseys worn by cougars will be entered into a drawing to win the opportunity to retrieve the kickoff tee for the 2nd half.