Mario Williams: no love for

I agree. 5 Hydocodone; please. That's nothing close to a suicidal dose. People who take those as a prescription take way more than that in a day sometimes who weigh less than Mario. He may have been saying "fade away" as in "get a buzz" hahaha.

I remember when Brett favre was taking them on game day. He was interviewed on tv after he cleaned up.And mentioned he took 14 (I think I'm correct here) on gamedays. My thought was that's a lot of pills to keep one's head screwed on right and execute a game plan.Even that many to someone taking them for awhile is far from a suicidal dose, and apparently you can function at a high level on a ball field. He did. Long term leads usage and abuse will lead to organ damage but Taking 5 Vicadins is kiddy play.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is really fortunate he didn't marry this broad cuz she would have taken 50 million instead of whatever that ring cost.

Kinda reminds me of the scene from Bronx tale where"C" is chasing the kid that owes him $20...Sonny explains you just got rid of the guy for $20 instead of much more, forget about it...

So he buys her a $750,000 ring, she uses his plastic (that he gave her) for another $100,000, and he spends yet another $230,000 on her for "luxury items" then dumps him.

Well you know what they say about a fool and his money.

Or maybe she just felt she could not compete with all the hot wing-fed Buffalo women ;)

this is not exactly a ringing endorsement for Mario as a person... more damaged goods in B -Lo

She may not have only been after his money, but any person with a shred of integrity would return the ring.

There is a saying about a woman scorned and it doesn't mention anything about their individual integrity.

That's just a law any man who grew up with a mother should know. If you got a dad, your dad should've told you so. If all you got is a mom, you probably should have observed it.

I don't know Mario's situation, but he has a different last name than his father so unless his parents are hippies from the free love 60's I am guessing there was probably some acrimony in that mom/dad relationship. The outrage from suburbia not withstanding. :lol:

He is really fortunate he didn't marry this broad cuz she would have taken 50 million instead of whatever that ring cost.

Each side has it's own story but this is how Mario should be looking at it.

That does speak volumes as to her intentions.

I gotta agree with the side that says it DOESN'T speak volumes at all. Deleting texts is a bigger waste of time than talking about Mario and his ex-fiance. B-)

I gotta agree with the side that says it DOESN'T speak volumes at all. Deleting texts is a bigger waste of time than talking about Mario and his ex-fiance. B-)

I just checked my phone, since I don't delete texts. The oldest I have on there is from Sept 2011, a work related text. I think it was also shortly after I got the phone, so it may be one of the first texts I sent.

If you read the article and what the texts actually said, I don't think the texts were as literal as they are being portrayed. I have never in my life ever had even for one second had a suicidal thought, and I went through a lot as a young man including the murder of my father. However, that doesnt mean I havent said it in some sort of context in a random comment, everyone has. That is the problem with text messaging though, you can not determine the context, tone, actual meaning, etc without the human interaction...they are just words that can be interpreted anyway they want.

Honestly, I think it was a combo of just saying something to get an emotion, reaction, etc out of her. Hell, my ex girlfriend (we broke up 9 months ago) still from time to time says some **** to get sympathy or a rise out of me.

And I am sorry, a few of those pills on a 295 lb man is not a suicide dossage over the course of a day. I have a real hard time believing that guy was seriously thinking of suicide and try to drug himself into oblivion. That kind of depression and drug use is hard to hide on a football team, you are with those guys so much and teammates pick up on things, especially with a guy like Mario who is such a polarizing figure due to his lofty status as a player and big contract.

A week from now, no one will care nor talk about this incident. Its unfortunate for him that some low life lawyer and terrible ex fiance are trying to cause him personal harm in a petty lawsuit.

Sorry to hear about your Dad. It's a credit to you that you lived through something like that without losing hope and compassion.

That does speak volumes as to her intentions. Still - how pathetic is it that Mario claimed, "no amount of money is worth this..." as if he had it soooo bad. Are you kidding me? The guy has more money than a hundred normal people make in a lifetime, is in a place where if he plays well he'll be idolized - I just think its absurd for him to feel sorry for himself when there are so many people who'd climb mountains to get to experience his life for just a short time. I know - everyone expereinces things individually and alone, but he just makes it sound like he despised being in Buffalo - and to me, that is almost shameful that a guy can't suck it up and be excited about what he has, compared to, say, the thousands of soldiers who're in REALLY nasty places, at near poverty level pay, WITH NO CHOICE of leaving - and doing it VOLUNTARILY. Really makes him look like a puss, to me.

This is so ignorant... 1. Because he makes a lot of money means nothing. So what if you or anyone else would like to be in his shoes? The point is no one is immune from emotional turmoil in life. And all that glitters ain't gold. Be careful whose shoes you think you want to be in.

2. He never said anything about not wanting to be in Buffalo.

3. Why compare him to soldiers? Like you said, they volunteered to do what they do (God bless them), but what they do has zero to do with how Mario Williams, you or anyone else deals with situations in their personal life.

Edited by purple haze

I truly hope Mario Williams lives up to the image many of us had hoped for when he signed with the Bills. I hope he is a sack machine, and evokes memories of Bruce Smith for all of us, for the next 5 years or so.

I hope the guy finds some happiness off the field as well... nobody here knows him, or his ex-fiance for that matter, so our theories are pretty pointless, and, if they have any affect on Mario Williams, it is more likely to be negative than positive. Lets' just leave the guy alone...cheer or jeer him on Sundays, and leave it at that...anyone who has ever been through a painful breakup realizes, with the passing of time, that there is plenty of blame to go around on either side of such a personal dispute. To have all your dirty laundry aired for speculation by people who, though well-intended, don't likely have a clue, only adds to the woes. As fans, lets' just hope this thing comes to pass, and Williams turns out to be the player we all had hoped he would be, for the Buffalo Bills.

If you read the article and what the texts actually said, I don't think the texts were as literal as they are being portrayed. I have never in my life ever had even for one second had a suicidal thought, and I went through a lot as a young man including the murder of my father. However, that doesnt mean I havent said it in some sort of context in a random comment, everyone has. That is the problem with text messaging though, you can not determine the context, tone, actual meaning, etc without the human interaction...they are just words that can be interpreted anyway they want.

Honestly, I think it was a combo of just saying something to get an emotion, reaction, etc out of her. Hell, my ex girlfriend (we broke up 9 months ago) still from time to time says some **** to get sympathy or a rise out of me.

And I am sorry, a few of those pills on a 295 lb man is not a suicide dossage over the course of a day. I have a real hard time believing that guy was seriously thinking of suicide and try to drug himself into oblivion. That kind of depression and drug use is hard to hide on a football team, you are with those guys so much and teammates pick up on things, especially with a guy like Mario who is such a polarizing figure due to his lofty status as a player and big contract.

A week from now, no one will care nor talk about this incident. Its unfortunate for him that some low life lawyer and terrible ex fiance are trying to cause him personal harm in a petty lawsuit.

I agree it was normal discourse for people in middle of breaking off an engagement. I think no more or less of him for this

Committing suicide over a girl that is MAYBE a 7 when you could get multiple 10s without any problem makes me REALLY wonder where his head is at...

Subjective grading is all over the map, especially when there are so many variables involved.

The "MAYBE a 7" seems low but personal tastes obviously vary.

Since everyone so far has only fully clothed pics and some video of this woman to grade I respectfully submit a 8.5. With the possibility of a upgrade to a solid 9 or better if any nude pics can be made available for evaluation. I'd even being willing to take one for the team and do a hands on evaluation if someone will set it up. Mario I doubt would care at this point.

My whole thing is why did he settle for a 7(at BEST) when he could easily have gotten a 10...multiple 10's. If you are going to be all crazy and psycho about a woman at least make sure she is worth it...I don't see that one as being anything close to worth it...I literally could go out tonight and take a girl home from the club that looks bettert han her with ease...imagine what Mario and his millions could do...

My whole thing is why did he settle for a 7(at BEST) when he could easily have gotten a 10...multiple 10's. If you are going to be all crazy and psycho about a woman at least make sure she is worth it...I don't see that one as being anything close to worth it...I literally could go out tonight and take a girl home from the club that looks bettert han her with ease...imagine what Mario and his millions could do...

dude go out and find her. She has a million dollar rock on her finger. paid for in part by Bills fans

There is a saying about a woman scorned and it doesn't mention anything about their individual integrity.

That's just a law any man who grew up with a mother should know. If you got a dad, your dad should've told you so. If all you got is a mom, you probably should have observed it.

A great chance to spew "wisdom", but still a poor excuse.

Whatever saying, or adage, or figure of speech, or idiom, ..... it's all bulls***. She is wrong to try to keep the ring, and the fact that she is trying to keep it lets me know all I need to know.

This is so ignorant... 1. Because he makes a lot of money means nothing. So what if you or anyone else would like to be in his shoes? The point is no one is immune from emotional turmoil in life. And all that glitters ain't gold. Be careful whose shoes you think you want to be in.

2. He never said anything about not wanting to be in Buffalo.

3. Why compare him to soldiers? Like you said, they volunteered to do what they do (God bless them), but what they do has zero to do with how Mario Williams, you or anyone else deals with situations in their personal life.

It's my opinion - and the reason I think he was talking about Buffalo was because, "no amount of money is worth this -" and the MONEY was from Buffalo. So, that's the logical link I made there. And, I referred to people experiencing things individually - yet, my overall point was, he had a lot less to complain about than many - if not most. I don't want to live in his shoes or be him. I'm saying no matter how you look at it it looks bad for the Bills.

Personally - I understand people who have emotional issues and question the sanity of everything. But, if you take 100 MILLION dollars to go play a game for 5 years, and have to live there for half or two thirds of each of those years, YOU MAKE THE MOST OF IT. You go there and you bust your butt to make that team better. Thats my opinion.

Sorry to hear about your Dad. It's a credit to you that you lived through something like that without losing hope and compassion.

Thanks for your sentiments...I was 18 at the time and as tough as it was all I could ever think about was making him proud and thats what fueled me. Giving up was never an option.

Committing suicide over a girl that is MAYBE a 7 when you could get multiple 10s without any problem makes me REALLY wonder where his head is at...

yep

I would play with the 10's now , let her keep the ring because its the thing she will live off of the next few yrs.

Then after the her money runs out she can always tend bar at the "ballers" club until she finds the next "husband to be/ next ex-bf to swindle" . But maybe this time she gets preggo and then she has to grow up for real.