Mario Williams: no love for

I am hoping that its true his big contract is essentially a 2 year deal. I now see why Houston wanted no part of this clown, he is a head case. He has issues he clearly refuses to accept, his play isn't great by any means and he is vastly overpaid.

I hope we cut his ass at the end of this season

Please tell me you forgot to put lol or j/k

I dont care about off the field issues as long as it doesnt result in suspension.

I believe Mario is professional enough to not let his personal life get in the way of his performance on the field.

CBF

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont care about off the field issues as long as it doesnt result in suspension.

I believe Mario is professional enough to not let his personal life get in the way of his performance on the field.

That post had to be a joke. Mario is a clown and should be cut because he wants his expensive ring back? :rolleyes:

CBF

So you don't think he is an overpaid underachiever with serious issues?

So you don't think he is an overpaid underachiever with serious issues?

Can we all please stop trying to pretend that we know what "issues" Mario does or doesn't have? Other than his horrible ex fiancé and her d bag lawyer. All we have are what they're trying to paint each other as and text messages that we can't put in context. We have zero legitimate insight into his state of mind and to pretend otherwise is ridiculous.

All I know is he got 10.5 sacks playing with a bum wrist and for a clueless defensive coordinator. But we're Buffalo, so being a fan means complaining about never getting good free agents, and then when we do, turning on them immediately because year one didn't live up to meteoric expectations.

Edited by biglukes

Can we all please stop trying to pretend that we know what "issues" Mario does or doesn't have? Other than his horrible ex fiancé and her d bag lawyer. All we have are what they're trying to paint each other as and text messages that we can't put in context. We have zero legitimate insight into his state of mind and to pretend otherwise is ridiculous.

All I know is he got 10.5 sacks playing with a bum wrist and for a clueless defensive coordinator. But we're Buffalo, so being a fan means complaining about never getting good free agents, and then when we do, turning on them immediately because year one didn't live up to meteoric expectations.

A player the Bills cut last fall-Dwan Edwards had 6 sacks last season, to put a bit of perspective on this. What NFL player doesn't play with a "bum" something all season? The guy has a reputation as taking plays off and even games off. he took a boatload of money to play hard with "bum" wrists when that becomes an issue. Just because you bought his jersey or believed all the hype don't let that get in the way of reality. He was an underachiever last season.

It doesn't matter what I think. The texts are what they are--I'm sure Mario isn't laughing about them now.

I see no legal way he gets the rings back. So I guess I would answer you with a "yes", she shouldn't have to give the ring back. No irony there.

The texts won't hold up in any court except that of public opinion (and judging by the majority of reponses on PFT.com, not even that). He has the right to change his mind and demand the ring be returned. She has no recourse...except to try and get him to back-down by going public with his texts. Meanwhile she's racking-up huge legal bills and seeing her ring slipping off her finger.

As for the texts, apparently she didn't think they were too serious, seeing as how she did nothing about his alleged suicide attempt. And if she did think he was serious and did nothing, it just goes to show whose that her moral compass is truly way off.

Edited by Doc

The texts won't hold up in any court except that of public opinion (and judging by the majority of reponses on PFT.com, not even that). He has the right to change his mind and demand the ring be returned. She has no recourse...except to try and get him to back-down by going public with his texts. Meanwhile she's racking-up huge legal bills and seeing her ring slipping off her finger.

As for the texts, apparently she didn't think they were too serious, seeing as how she did nothing about his alleged suicide attempt. And if she did think he was serious and did nothing, it just goes to show whose that her moral compass is truly way off.

“Keep those material things. It means nothing to me anymore": and “I said keep it” and “KEEP IT! Remember me by it.” Those are texts that "won't hold up in any court"? That's a laugher. It directly contradicts the claims in his suit against her. In fact, it is the basis for her lawyer to now file a motion that he perjured himself in filing the suit. Sure he's posturing, but he's making points--he's clearly painted Mario as a liar, among other things.

He does not have the right to change his mind if it is judged a gift--that's the whole point here, Mr. Clark. And as far as the "suicide attempt" texts, no, she obviously didn't take them seriously. It is very likely that she had seen this type of drama from Mario many times before and knew that he would never really consider harming himself. Obviously she was correct.

As WEO pointed out and you have also acknowledged that if the ring was given as a gift and he bolstered her position by making comments referring to her keeping the item then he is undercutting his position that he ring should be returned to him. Retracting his original position by later saying that he now wanted the gift back emphasizes the fact that the ring was given as a gift.

The longer this legal wrangling continues the more he comes off as a vindictive jerk. He was going with this woman for a number of years. So it belies the argument that she was from the start a conniving gold digger who always intended on capitalizing on his new found wealth, which he didn't have (to his current level) when they began as a couple. She has also made claims that during the relationship he wasn't always faithful to her. That is another factor that one of the reasons for the split was due to his behavior.

Mario Williams is going to lose this case. The more he goes to the podium to explain his position the more it becomes evident to me that his ex-fiancee was smart in terminating her relationship with this self-absorbed and unappealing man. This public fight demonstrates that there is little relationship between having wealth and having character.

Edited by JohnC

Mario Williams spent $750.000 for a ring on a woman he was not married to. That is a testament to his obtuse judgment. In the end he is going to lose this case. His extending the battle reflects his smallness as a person than it reflects the merits of this case.

I am not qualified to comment on the legal aspects of the case so will stay away from that discussion. However, I will say that the $750K pales in comparison to his $16 million/yr pay. The Bills hired him big bucks to fix the pass rush. Last year, maybe it was his wrist, maybe it was his difficulty with the GF or a combination of both - he did not provide the dominance expected from a $16 million player.

I think he should set his ego aside, work aggressively towards putting this personal/legal issue behind him and come motivated to earn his paycheck. Aside from physical issues, there should be no excuses for the man this year.

“Keep those material things. It means nothing to me anymore": and “I said keep it” and “KEEP IT! Remember me by it.” Those are texts that "won't hold up in any court"? That's a laugher. It directly contradicts the claims in his suit against her. In fact, it is the basis for her lawyer to now file a motion that he perjured himself in filing the suit. Sure he's posturing, but he's making points--he's clearly painted Mario as a liar, among other things.

He does not have the right to change his mind if it is judged a gift--that's the whole point here, Mr. Clark. And as far as the "suicide attempt" texts, no, she obviously didn't take them seriously. It is very likely that she had seen this type of drama from Mario many times before and knew that he would never really consider harming himself. Obviously she was correct.

LOL! So his "suicide" texts were just him being dramatic, but his "keep it" texts were him being sincere? Okay, chief. Your moral compass is what's truly out of whack if you think that Mario's ex should keep the ring if he's asking for it back, regardless of what the law says. But the thing is, the law doesn't support her since it's not a traditional gift. Hence the reason she/her lawyer had to stoop to the level of releasing (worthless) texts.

I am not qualified to comment on the legal aspects of the case so will stay away from that discussion. However, I will say that the $750K pales in comparison to his $16 million/yr pay. The Bills hired him big bucks to fix the pass rush. Last year, maybe it was his wrist, maybe it was his difficulty with the GF or a combination of both - he did not provide the dominance expected from a $16 million player.

I think he should set his ego aside, work aggressively towards putting this personal/legal issue behind him and come motivated to earn his paycheck. Aside from physical issues, there should be no excuses for the man this year.

When Williams played for Houston there were times when he was dominant a player. Then there were also times when he was a pedestrian player. In other words he was inconsistent. There is a stark difference when you watch a player such as Watt for Houston who always plays with a fury and compare him to Mario Williams who doesn't always play at a high level. The free agent player the Bills signed is the same player who played for the Houston: An inconsistent diva whose stats inflate his actual contribution to the defense.

When Houston was deciding whether to re-sign Mario they did an analysis of the defense when he was on the field and when he was not playing (mostly due to injuries) They determned the defense played just as well without him as with him.

As WEO pointed out and you have also acknowledged that if the ring was given as a gift and he bolstered her position by making comments referring to her keeping the item then he is undercutting his position that he ring should be returned to him. Retracting his original position by later saying that he now wanted the gift back emphasizes the fact that the ring was given as a gift.

The longer this legal wrangling continues the more he comes off as a vindictive jerk. He was going with this woman for a number of years. So it belies the argument that she was from the start a conniving gold digger who always intended on capitalizing on his new found wealth, which he didn't have (to his current level) when they began as a couple. She has also made claims that during the relationship he wasn't always faithful to her. That is another factor that one of the reasons for the split was due to his behavior.

Mario Williams is going to lose this case. The more he goes to the podium to explain his position the more it becomes evident to me that his ex-fiancee was smart in terminating her relationship with this self-absorbed and unappealing man. This public fight demonstrates that there is little relationship between having wealth and having character.

See my response to WEO. As for going with him for a number of years proving she doesn't come off as a gold digger, he started dating her after he became the 1st overall pick and got 1st overall money, so that premise is wrong. And likewise, it was better that he got rid of her before he married her and had to fork over half his wealth.

I've yet to make an informed decision about this case, which apparently you have, but she worked for the Houston Texans and met him AFTER he signed a huge(at the time) rookie deal. But don't let facts trip you up.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

I've yet to make an informed decision about this case, which apparently you have, but she worked for the Houston Texans and met him AFTER he signed a huge(at the time) rookie deal. But don't let facts trip you up.

The deal he got in his first contract wasn't as large as his free agent contract. If I'm not mistaken they were going on and sometimes off for six years. So (it seems) she wasn't involved with him to make a quick hit and then run off with the spoils. From what I read it was Mario who wasn't sure that he wanted to get married. There is nothing wrong with not being sure that you want to be married. So when the relationship is ended by one party then move on. This battle over the ring will be decided in court. I don't think he is going to win in that venue.

The deal he got in his first contract wasn't as large as his free agent contract. If I'm not mistaken they were going on and sometimes off for six years. So (it seems) she wasn't involved with him to make a quick hit and then run off with the spoils. From what I read it was Mario who wasn't sure that he wanted to get married. There is nothing wrong with not being sure that you want to be married. So when the relationship is ended by one party then move on. This battle over the ring will be decided in court. I don't think he is going to win in that venue.

I just wouldn't make any quick judgements based on the posturing of lawyers, at this point. Is she a gold digger, who knows? But she did meet him after he signed an NFL contract, which again at the time was fairly large. Also, if he had spent less money on the ring, say $10,000 and he asked for it back would she still decline him?

He got a 6-year $54M contract as the 1st overall pick. That's like hitting the lottery for most people, especially someone who was probably making $50K/year. And she has a low chance of winning this case and releasing the texts was an attempt to shame him and get him to relent or settle.

See my response to WEO. As for going with him for a number of years proving she doesn't come off as a gold digger, he started dating her after he became the 1st overall pick and got 1st overall money, so that premise is wrong. And likewise, it was better that he got rid of her before he married her and had to fork over half his wealth.

They were going together for six years, so this certainly wasn't a calculated relatiionship on her part. At least not the type of hit and run with the spoils type situation. Mario didn't want to get married. He preferred his status as being involved with her and still being a free agent. That is how she characterized the situation. She wanted out of that type of duplicitous relationship. There is nothing wrong with that.

And likewise, it was better that he got rid of her before he married her and had to fork over half his wealth.

You have just made my point. If he was better off not marrying her then why is he wasting his time and resources fighting for a gift ring from a past relationship? The best thing this woman did for herself is to get away from this self-absorbed man.

I just wouldn't make any quick judgements based on the posturing of lawyers, at this point. Is she a gold digger, who knows? But she did meet him after he signed an NFL contract, which again at the time was fairly large. Also, if he had spent less money on the ring, say $10,000 and he asked for it back would she still decline him?

Yes she did meet him after he signed his first lucrative contract? So what? What about the other side of the coin? He also had a say in the relationship. He certainly consented to the relationship. Isn't it quite possible if not probable that he pursued her more than she pursued him?

Whether the ring was worth $10,000 or $10,000,000 it was given by someone who wanted to give it her. The court in Texas will decide the caee. I think the court will decide in hier favor. That doesn't mean that people who believe otherwise don't have merit to their position. I just think that overall the facts in this case favor her. We shall see.

Edited by JohnC

LOL! So his "suicide" texts were just him being dramatic, but his "keep it" texts were him being sincere? Okay, chief. Your moral compass is what's truly out of whack if you think that Mario's ex should keep the ring if he's asking for it back, regardless of what the law says. But the thing is, the law doesn't support her since it's not a traditional gift. Hence the reason she/her lawyer had to stoop to the level of releasing (worthless) texts.

Well, yes. I think that's pretty obvious. Or are you now saying he never means what he says. That's an interesting defense, maybe he will have another press conference and make that claim. Couldn't hurt at this point..

So now it's "regardless what the law says"? OK!

Anyway, the law in Texas says an engagement ring is a conditional gift. However, that legal caveat was rendered meaningless with Mario now on record to just keep it (multiple texts) as a momento. Oh, but that, for reasons you can't explain, is a "worthless text">

Look, Mario labeled her a gold digger and she is doing what anyone would do--defending herself with his own words. You would do the same and you are lying if you say otherwise.

Edited by Mr. WEO