Lost in all of this...the horrible jersey collar is gone?

Rubes

This thread is retarded. This quite simple, there is no change. Replica jerseys have a thinner collar as they don't use the same Fly Wire technology as the on-field jerseys. The picture at the start of this thread is of a replica jersey, identical to those sold last year. There no change to the current on-field jerseys.

Also - why is this important?

Also - what's the average age of this thread? 13, 14?

Thanks, man. Much appreciated. How could I have been so juvenile?

Edited by Rubes

This thread is retarded. This quite simple, there is no change. Replica jerseys have a thinner collar as they don't use the same Fly Wire technology as the on-field jerseys. The picture at the start of this thread is of a replica jersey, identical to those sold last year. There no change to the current on-field jerseys.

The Mario thread is offended that you called this thread "retarded"...

Nick, ease up, pardner. There's some decent discussion here and there appears to be some legitimacy that the collars may have changed. Your point about flywire and the replicas is true, but Nike's own site shows different collars (i.e., a full blue w/ red trim on the away jersey).

Why is it important? Fans are interested in their team's uniforms.

Average age of the thread? That's a pretty immature question in itself; only teenagers are permitted to care what the uniforms look like?

I'm glad somebody finally linked to this.

Yeah, me too. :doh:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/157959-lost-in-all-of-thisthe-horrible-jersey-collar-is-gone/page__st__20?do=findComment&comment=2800822

It is supposed to replicate the old "horse collars?" Huh? WTF! That is like wearing a "dickey" instead of the whole turtle neck! LoL... My God that look is hideous.

Anyway... Why don't players wear horse collars anymore? The article linked in this thread said that "players opt to wear as little as possible." Really? Seems that some players would get protection by adding a collar?

I don't think this thread is retarded, the most common complaint about the NIke Jersey's is the Collar, they even have a nickname for it "the Toliet Bowl Collar" Google NFL toliet bowl collar and it is shown many times and there are several articles about it. I have been holding out specifically on buying a new Jersey because of the collar, I refuse to pay that much for it because of the collar and yes I do have other Bills Jersey's B.Smith , Kelly Lynch and Evans The fans have spoken that is why they are changing it. BTW I am 38

If I am going to spend that much on a jersey I don't by replica's I better like it, it gets pricey. Especially in canuck $$$

Edited by BillsfanAlberta

Not sure if posted already, but it appears that, lost in all of the draft glory, that ridiculous collar on the jersey appears to be a thing of the past.

jersey.jpg

Good . that thing was a piece of crap. no one will buy them. they are just ridiculous.

The collar in the picture has a much smaller/thinner white band around the collar. Contrast it with this (more hideous) one:

jersey2.jpg

Now I'm not sure, maybe you guys are right...perhaps the smaller collar is only for the cheaper jerseys, not the authentic game jerseys. I sure hope they change it.

Any truth to the rumor Nix and Gailey wanted the collar to be red instead of white?

That has to be one of the worst jerseys in Bills history.

Awful :w00t:

Don't remind me. It's bad enough that we have to share the damn logo with a college team.

Don't remind me. It's bad enough that we have to share the damn logo with a college team.

I bought 10 for our backers club for raffle and I thought we would never get rid of them...

That has to be one of the worst jerseys in Bills history.

Awful :w00t:

I thought the collars were a cool look. Like Stevie should pop his collar when he scores a TD. I can't imagine why the players didn't want to exploit such a sweet uniform nuance.

All they needed was a comb-in-pocket silk screened on the ass of the pants and it would have been like class picture day circa 1984. Nike is usually on those details but alas the moment is lost.

This year they should go legit and add real collars or perhaps the turtleneck and thin gold chain look as an homage to south Buffalo? I don't know, maybe I am 14 years old but IMO last year's jerseys introduced the NFL uniform to the world of high fashion and it's going to be hard to put that genie back in the bottle.

Sorry to disappoint you fellas, but if you go to the Bills website app there are photos of rookies arriving for camp. Go to the pic of #33 getting his photo taken and it appears there is a rather large white neck collar on his jersey.

Signed,

Drunk Eye for the Straight Guy

Sorry to disappoint you fellas, but if you go to the Bills website app there are photos of rookies arriving for camp. Go to the pic of #33 getting his photo taken and it appears there is a rather large white neck collar on his jersey.

Signed,

Drunk Eye for the Straight Guy

Doesnt mean anything. The newer jersey probably wont be released for a few months. Got to sell as many older jersey's as possible 1st. They didnt unveil these new uniforms until late June in 2011. I remember the throw back uni wasnt even unveiled until training camp.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

I thought the collars were a cool look. Like Stevie should pop his collar when he scores a TD. I can't imagine why the players didn't want to exploit such a sweet uniform nuance.

All they needed was a comb-in-pocket silk screened on the ass of the pants and it would have been like class picture day circa 1984. Nike is usually on those details but alas the moment is lost.

This year they should go legit and add real collars or perhaps the turtleneck and thin gold chain look as an homage to south Buffalo? I don't know, maybe I am 14 years old but IMO last year's jerseys introduced the NFL uniform to the world of high fashion and it's going to be hard to put that genie back in the bottle.

I was thinking they could accessorize the coaching staff with ascots.

Maybe something in a Zubaz pattern?

Not sure if posted already, but it appears that, lost in all of the draft glory, that ridiculous collar on the jersey appears to be a thing of the past.

jersey.jpg

They seem to change something every year to get people to buy new jerseys. These Nike jerseys kinda suck. I bought one, they fit and feel terrible. You watch the games and all the player have a square patch of sweat on their stomachs? Not that they look that bad on TV, but terrible design. Edited by BuffBill

Those collars remind me of my old boss at an insurance company. He had a blue shirt with that ugly white collar.

They should just make that white collar blue & be done with it.

Most, not all, guys i have met that where shirts like that are dbags!!! arrogant s.o.b's.

This was taken today at the NFL Rookie Premiere. Sorry guys. But I haven't seen any evidence that says the collars are going away. I think they just made a quick throwaway for the draft without one and everybody got excited.

The pics of the replica jerseys are the same style as last years. The replica jerseys don't have the flywire collars. Only the "Limited" and "Elite" jerseys offer those. Replicas just have a half white colored collar.

BKamG-7CMAEKTxd.jpg

What kind of grown man wears a jersey around the house? The same 40 year old guy who plays video games. It is such a ridiculous, Generation X fad.

sorry, ya old coot. The "video game" generation is here to stay. I'm 31 and still play video games, and don't plan on stopping anytime soon. I'll be playing when i'm 40 and 50, and 60, etc.

What kind of grown man wears a jersey around the house? The same 40 year old guy who plays video games. It is such a ridiculous, Generation X fad.

Is it the same kind of grown man that complains on internet message boards?

I'll hang up and listen.

On behalf of 40-something Gen Xers:

No.

We're too busy fixing what the generation before us broke, and trying to keep something alive for the generation younger.

Enjoy your prosperity at our expense.

On behalf of 40-something Gen Xers:

No.

We're too busy fixing what the generation before us broke, and trying to keep something alive for the generation younger.

Enjoy your prosperity at our expense.

And while you're cleaning up the Baby Boomers mess (to the prior point), you've grown the affinity of cultural gems like cosplay. So, thanks for that? :-)

Also: look, ma! no collar! http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=20377386

Can we just give up in this thread already. Like I said back in the first page. It's because the pics that we see with the slightly smaller white neck roll are really just the cheapos. And by cheapos I mean the $150 jerseys that Nike rapes us on.

On top of all of this, the fabric and sewing patterns on these jerseys are absolutely hideous. Looks like there are patches everywhere. Like the entire jersey is made from patches.

These Nike jerseys really make me sick to my stomach. What was wrong with the old fashioned mesh that Reebok and Puma used before it? Nike being Nike had to change a perfectly good product. If it wasnt for "new" jerseys and designs in color schemes, Nike would not be selling any jerseys. All I hear is people's complaints about these monstrosities.

Edited by mrags