Rd 2, Pick #46: LB Kiko Alonso - Oregon

"Panic move" seems to be the favorite phrase of the naysayers of EJ or Kiko.

Stop it. These guys have been preparing for the draft for a year. Disagree with the pick if you want, but the Bills and the scouts have put in the work to put their board together. You may disagree with the way they value a guy, but I seriously doubt anyone in the draft room is having a panic attack.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyhow...

Why would they take this Alonso? All I know from googling him is that he's clearly an alcoholic. Sounds like a future special teamer

Hes a first round talent at LB. His drinking issues were before, he went sober and became what some believe to be the best player at Oregon, even with Dion Jordan there. He can fly all over the field, is great in coverage, and is tough as hell. His off field issues led people to believe he might scare some teams off and he would drop, otherwise he would have gotten more coverage and hype. Saw him play a lot, and he jumped off the screen

Anyhow...

Why would they take this Alonso? All I know from googling him is that he's clearly an alcoholic. Sounds like a future special teamer

You are just an absolute joy.

Google rose bowl vs Wisconsin and maybe you won't be so down on this pick.

Hes a first round talent at LB. His drinking issues were before, he went sober and became what some believe to be the best player at Oregon, even with Dion Jordan there. He can fly all over the field, is great in coverage, and is tough as hell. His off field issues led people to believe he might scare some teams off and he would drop, otherwise he would have gotten more coverage and hype. Saw him play a lot, and he jumped off the screen

I saw him play a ton and I totally agree. Oregon's best defender the last two years. Always around the ball, great hands. I bet he had more interceptions over his career than Teo. A very solid football player.

Great pick. Good coverage guy, gets a lot of picks. Aggressive, loves to hit and blitz. Comes from a top program too. So far, so good on this draft as far as strategy goes. Definitely executing a plan to address our needs with good players and good value.

I think I'd have preferred TE Gavin Escobar who went with the next pick, but this guy is supposed to be a very good athlete with the ability to cover TEs down the field. With his off-field problems, I am sure they did their homework. He is supposed to have a big passion for the game....