2 Picks in the second

NoSaint

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I'm concerned, Buffalo (Nix, Marrone, and Co.) has performed a sort of semi miracle! For one, they exited round 1 with the QB of their choosing. All of us wondered which QB the Bills really coveted, which QB they thought was the real Franchise QB of the bunch - and now we know, without ever having to second guess ourselves.

Secondly, they managed to not only get the QB they wanted all along, but they got NOT ONLY their 7th rounder back (way to go Nix), but they landed another 2nd rounder - which is the same as saying they came out of the first round with their choice of QB AND ANOTHER STARTER - so long as the guys they take in the 2nd round are starters.

It really couldn't of gone better for us in the 1st round. I, by the way, wanted Barkley. But, I've said all along - these guys are the ones doing the work, the visits, they are the experts. What I was afraid of was that there'd be 2 or 3 QB's off the board by the time we picked, and we'd all have to accept the guy they ended up taking was the one they really liked all along. Now, however, we know who they preferred, and who can really argue with his potential (the way I see it, he's very similar to Cam Newton)?

The fact that we ended up with an extra 2nd round pick is HUGE. We have a chance to leave this draft with a starter at QB, WR, ILB, and TE. As I said in an earlier post - if you swap ILB for CB, and bring in Dansby and Moore as FA's, we have a VERY competitive team going into the season. Round 1 - I like it. Go Bills!

Ertz and either hunter, woods or Allen would be ideal. Jonathan banks, cyprien, Te'o, minter, Arthur brown, khaseem Greene, sio Moore, jamar Taylor, amerson, Alford, slay, swearinger, Philip Thomas, Dobson, damontre Moore, carradine, hunt, Hankins, Jesse Williams, John Jenkins, kwann short, Escobar, Kelce, McDonald, Wheaton, Patton, bailey, Swope, Dobson, Terrence Williams, Da'rick Rogers, Boston, Alonso, warriors, armstead, Barrett jones.......get 3 of these guys and I'm happy. Lots of talent available in rd 2 and 3. I'd love to see us trade back again and get another 3rd.

Ok, so we have 3 picks in next two rounds. Couple of scenarios could play out here...either we sign Dansby or we don't. Here is what I would want the Bills to do in each scenario with Dansby.

If we are to sign Dansby (my preference by the way)

41- TE Ertz

46 - WR like Hunter, Allen, Rogers, Woods

78 - Honey Badger or S Thomas Shamarko

You could also go Honey Badger at 46 and target WR Dobson or someone at 78

If we dont plan to sign Dansby

41- LB Teo or Minter (assuming one is there or both)

46 - Ertz or WR if he is gone (see above WR's)

78 - Oppsoite of what we did at 46...McDonald or Dobson

Then hope you can snag Honey Badger in the 4th

Thoughts?

I would also love to see us gamble on Lattimore maybe somewhere like the 5th to sit a year and eventually replace FJ to pair with Spiller

Minter is a London Fletcher clone. I really love the kid, more than Te'o.

But I'd prefer to go with WR/TE at 41 and 46.

Thats what I want to as you can see...however, if we dont sign Dansby I feel Minter or Teo (I like them both at 41) would be hard to pass up, especially with Pettine at the helm. And if we got a TE next and Dobson in the 3rd I would still be very happy.

But I agree, I REALLY want a TE and WR out of our next 3 picks. In actuality signing Dansby would allow us to not go LB and go after a guy like Honey Badger and a WR and TE still.

I really hope Bills have plans to sign Dansby

First sign Dansby so we dont have to go LB...then:

Guys I want at 41 - Ertz, Hunter, Allen

Guys I want at 46 - (all of the above) and Honey Badger

If we dont go WR in 2nd, I would hope Dobson would be there in the 3rd who I think could be the steal of the draft at WR

I would love to get Minter, even if Dansby ends up signing. Its been quite awhile since our linebackers haven't been a liability and we need to get some good players there. Then go with best receiver/TE on the board.

As far as I'm concerned we're now playing with house money! We've got the most difficult position to get, and we still have as many picks left in the first 3 rounds as we started with! I think, when you take away QB, our most glaring holes are WR, TE, LB, and CB.

So, IMO, when our picks come up, we take the best of those positions available. By the end of round 3 there's no reason to think we can't have a new #2 WR, perhaps a starting TE to go nicely with Chandler for 2 TE sets, and a valuable defensive starter!

BTW - because this draft is so heavy in WR talent, if we can manage to get Ertz with our first 2nd round pick I think we'd be doing our team a great service. TE's are a QB's best friend, at times, and to be able to run that 2TE offense with Stevie, Spiller, Manuel, and Graham (speedster) or a rookie WR like Hunter or Dobson - it could be really dangerous. Anyway, I think we could still land a great WR with our 2nd 2nd round pick, or even with our 3rd rounder.

The Bills have really opened things up!

Hunter and Ertz. Woods wouldn't be bad instead of Hunter.

If we came out of this draft with Manuel, Hunter and Ertz or McDonald I would be thrilled.

Yeah - there were lots of ways things could've panned out, but without trading back in the first, AND THEN GETTING OUR QB OF CHOICE! - we never would've been set to actually fill most of our starting needs. These two second round picks should be just as much starters as our 1st rounder was. And, if we play our cards right, our 3rd round pick should be a starter, too! If we go with Manuel, Hunter, and Ertz / McDonald (a trio I'd be THRILLED with also!) with our first 2 rounds, that leaves rounds 3-7 and UDFA to fill ILB, CB, and G - the biggest remaining holes. As far as I'm concerned, add in FA and we should have NO PROBLEM finding promising players for those roles. AND, if that is the case - there's NO REASON WE CAN'T BE COMPETING FOR THE PLAYOFFS come December!!!!

So far, so good.

Oh man, I forgot Minter was still out there. Either way, I really want Ertz to be our pick at 41. I just don't see us taking him, however.

I see SF taking him at 41, unless they're looking for DL. Maybe NYJ will look to replace Keller instead of QB.

I would love the W/ Dansby scenario but if signed Dansby and got Ertz at 41 I wouldn't hate adding Minter at 46 and then grabbing one of the WR's listed above in the 3rd. We could improve the LB depth nicely (which I feel we need) and create some good competition at what was a weakness before the draft while we bolster special teams as well.

Some guys to maybe talk about

Stanford TE Ertz

ILBs Teo and Minter

S Cyprien

WRs woods, allen

Lots of good options on the board

There will be a run on the QBs at the top of the 2nd round. I expect all the above to be available when the bills pick at 41 and 46

Some guys to maybe talk about

Stanford TE Ertz

ILBs Teo and Minter

S Cyprien

WRs woods, allen

Lots of good options on the board

Here's the deal imo...Best available player at positions of interest.

1. Robert Woods, WR, USC- I know most have Kennan Allen rated above Robert Woods, but I think Woods is the better choice based on several reasons: Allen lacks vertical speed and will not become a featured vertical receiver as speed is something not learned. Also, Allen had a knee injury near the end of the 2012 Season. Robert Woods catches with his hands and is quick off the line of scrimmage. He runs the slant and go as well as any receiver in this year's draft class.

2. Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford- Will quickly come off the board in the 2nd round as he is a high-effort TE that makes difficult over the shoulder catches. Zach is a determined blocker and runs sharp routes and has the ability to pluck the ball at its highest point.

3. Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU- DE may not be a position of absolute need, but it would be a shame at this point in the draft to pass up on such a high effort player who is relentless! Montgomery hustles and runs to the ball and has excellent lateral quickness. He always finishes the play! Now that's what I call leadership by example...and that can go a long way with a young team!!!

4. Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU- Kevin doesn't have an advantage of size, speed, or being a hard hitter, instead he is loaded with intangibles, knows the angles, and has a deep desire to make that tackle. Minters is a first round value that may slide based on his size, but has a heart of a warrior!

5. Jonathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State- Jonathan is the top senior corner, with four years experience. Has good hands, and can be used as an edge blitzer.

honorable mentions: Matt Barkley QB, USC,,,,, Eddie Lacy, RB,.....So would you pick in the 2NLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL obviously it's late and I'm zoning out, but I do want to see other's projections....